WN: Messianic Jews Claim Victory in Israeli Court - CBN News

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,379
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

The Supreme Court of Israel ruled Wednesday that being a Messianic Jew cannot prevent Israeli citizenship if the Jewish descent is from the person's father's side.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/cbn-com-CBNnews-358897-aspx/

:24:

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe. Proverbs 18:10

Be Blessed Beloved Israel!

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26

Be Blessed Dear Brother Sean!

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:27

:blink:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"This is yet another battle won in our war to establish equality in Israel for the Messianic Jewish community just like every other legitimate stream of faith within the Jewish world," said Calev Myers, founder and chief counsel of the Jerusalem Institute of Justice

Bless the Lord! That is a victory!

How?

:whistling:

The LORD

I will also leave in the midst of thee an afflicted and poor people, and they shall trust in the name of the LORD.

The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies; neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed and lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.

The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, he hath cast out thine enemy: the king of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any more.

In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

I will gather them that are sorrowful for the solemn assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproach of it was a burden.

Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.

At that time will I bring you again, even in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turn back your captivity before your eyes, saith the LORD.

Zephaniah 3:12-20

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

Speaking as an Israeli whose father was Jewish but my mother was a Christian, I think that legitimacy is a good thing. However, this is much more about being refused citizenship because of being a Christian than because of lineage. The Israeli Supreme court cannot redefine Judaism just because somebody thinks that the rabbinic ruling is wrong. There is nothing illegal about the rabbinic position that the bloodline is traced from the mother instead of the father. Of course, both should be considered, but the legality of the position is what is considered by any court.

This court case arose because of illegally denying citizenship.

Guest shiloh357
This is because those who have jewish fathers and gentile mothers are not considered jewish in the first place.

Citizenship can be denied if the Jewish ancestry is from the mothers side and he/she converts to christianity. Policies like this is what is wrong with the Israeli government.

Given Christian policies against Jews which denied Jews the right to own property, or businesses, and subjected them to policies that were held to upon pain of torture and even death, this seems pretty mild by comparison. Of course, no one wants to talk about the flipside. Nothing Israel is doing compares to what Jesus' "followers" have done to Jews when they were living in Christian nations.

Israel was founded as a Jewish nation. It was not founded to be like the United States. It was not created for the benefit of Christians, Arabs, Muslims, or anyone else. So, Israel is not obligated to those people to grant them citizenship. Israel was founded by Jews for Jews to be a safe haven from anti-Semitism as it has been historically expressed in Christianity and Islam as well as from other parts of society. Israel is not obligated to anyone to grant them citizenship, any more than the US is under any such obligation. Israel does not even recognize all nonChristian Jews who meet the "Jewish mother" criteria as eligible for citizenship. Reformed Judaism has had a very tough time being recognized as legitimate Judaism and Reformed Jews have not been allowed in the past to make aliyah and become citizens.

Israel also has the right to restrict citizenship for any reason they see fit, even missionary activity. We may not agree with that fact, but it does not make Israel a bad country. It means that Christians like you need to to less whining and more praying; not that I expect that much from you.

Israel is a sovereign nation and has the right to determine who can and cannot become a citizen. That is part of what it means to be sovereign. Other countries like Holland only allow ethnic Dutch to be citizens. Other countries do the something similar.

Israel has the right to behave like other nations despite what you or anyone else says.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/02/1954

Please note that the State of Israel was not on trial.

Guest shiloh357
Please note that the State of Israel was not on trial.

Correct. It is just that some critics of Israel attempt to use this issue as a club to bludgeon Israel with.

They feign a concern about Jewish Christians and evangelism but the truth is they couldn't care less about that issue. Their concern about these issues exists only insofar as they can use it as a platform to smear Israel.

Dear Brother, May I?

:24:

By Grace

I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, which shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence, And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth. (Isaiah 62:6-7)

Are We Blessed

The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life. (Psalms 128:5)

And By Grace Will We Pray

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee. (Psalms 122:6)

May The LORD Bless Israel And May The LORD Bless Me

And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. (Numbers 6:24-27)

Maranatha!

Love, Your Brother Joe

:wub:

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.

And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors. Isaiah 53

:)