• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

It seems to me that if the welfare of the children is what the feds are worried about, they would have removed the men instead of the children.

Remember, they took the boys and small children too.

Now, they are putting these kids who have lived a very sheltered life in foster homes where they will experience profound culture shock. The news has already reported that many of the children are traumatized.

The kids are being punished instead of the men.

Let's say you are right. They should have taken the males instead of the children. But then, what would they have charged them with? They have not indicted anyone yet. They can't be keep indefinately without charges.

Polygamy and statutory rape. Any Grand Jury would find there was probable cause for charges to be brought for these 2 crimes.

Which leads to the second part of the question: "What would the state do when they got bailed out? Could they keep them from returning to the compound? Maybe, if a judge made that part of the bail agreement." Can you please address the rest of my post above?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that doesn't address the issue of "How could they have prevented the mothers, part and parcel to the alleged crimes, from pressuring the children to lie about what is occurring within the compound? They are already playing dumb or oblivious to the whole thing." :th_praying:

As for the CI, I can't answer the question with a certainty of knowledge. I can only suppose that, like infiltration of terror cells (no, I'm not likening them to terrorists) and organized crime (I am likening them to organized crime) they were using him to build a strong case or the involvement of the leaders. :emot-heartbeat:

By the way, wasn't their leader just convicted of conspiracy in the rape of a 13 yr. old girl? Isn't he in prison now? :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

ABC News just reported that several more female children were added to the list because they were lying about their ages; they actually are younger than 18. I believe that all the libertarians should step back and see how this shakes out. It is much deeper than any of us know. The truth will come out and then they will have a nasty taste in their mouth from eating their words. :noidea:

Popo,

If you read the history of the Mormon church, you would be astonished at the fact that they seriously have not given up polygamy as a lifestyle. They only "look" like they have, just so they would be visually appealing to anyone who looks at them. Even after the Manifesto of 1890, there were still polygamist compounds in various places---even Mexico---condoned and requested right from the president of LDS's offices.

So you cannot tell me that the FLDS is NOT associated with the LDS church. They are one and the same.

a.

Where did you get the idea that I though the FLDS was not part of the LDS movement? I've never said nor implied such a thing.

Actually, I was just trying to make a point. Didn't mean to imply you said anything about it. :emot-hug: :emot-hug:

a.

ABC News just reported that several more female children were added to the list because they were lying about their ages; they actually are younger than 18. I believe that all the libertarians should step back and see how this shakes out. It is much deeper than any of us know. The truth will come out and then they will have a nasty taste in their mouth from eating their words. :thumbsup:

Popo,

If you read the history of the Mormon church, you would be astonished at the fact that they seriously have not given up polygamy as a lifestyle. They only "look" like they have, just so they would be visually appealing to anyone who looks at them. Even after the Manifesto of 1890, there were still polygamist compounds in various places---even Mexico---condoned and requested right from the president of LDS's offices.

So you cannot tell me that the FLDS is NOT associated with the LDS church. They are one and the same.

a.

Where did you get the idea that I though the FLDS was not part of the LDS movement? I've never said nor implied such a thing.

Actually, I was just trying to make a point. Didn't mean to imply you said anything about it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

a.

Cool! :noidea:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Another OP-ED questioning the Constitutionality of the FLDS Child Seizure Controversy.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62743

I can understand the confusion about the constitutionality of taking these children.

However.....

the Texas DCF has confirmed that they have 20 young women under the age of 18 in their care that have given birth. Yes they may have ONE that is currently pregnant but there is a total of 20 that have already given birth.

It is going to be next to impossible to determine who the fathers of these children are, because like I said before, there are likely 3 or maybe 4 surnames that are going to pop up. Watch for the names Jeffs, Barlow, Steed and Allred in particular. They are all related to each other.

In the other related thread to this one, there are links---important links---for everyone to look at that will show both sides of this controversy. I have just spend over an hour reading and researching them. The FLDS isn't the only polygamist cult out there---there are others that are doing the same thing. They are all branchoffs of the LDS church, and I might add that they are all ripping the federal government off to the tune of millions of dollars, while keeping over $100 million at the very least in their own coffers. And, most importantly, they want to overthrow the US government and establish their own Mormon monarchy. If you think I'm kidding, go into the other thread and read the links. I have also provided an important link in my thread on DNA and the polygamist sect.

Please do a lot more reading on this before judging. Jade has a very good view on all of this since she happens to live among them. I just do a lot of reading.

a.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

Please do a lot more reading on this before judging. Jade has a very good view on all of this since she happens to live among them. I just do a lot of reading.

a.

Jade you're one of them?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

It's a sorry state that our legal system is in isn't it? I mean, we are depicted as cruel and heartless because we believe the Constitution is more important than any American Citizen. So, we find ourselves in the unenviable position of defending the Constitution at the expense of the victims of FLDS. But, we know that if we don't defend the Constitution, as hard as it may be now, (though millions have done so much more defending that document, than taking an unpopular stance against an injustice, ie dying), our Religious Freedom will be gone.

Oh, but this is NBD, right? It's just a "fringe cult" that is being targeted. In 5 years, I wonder how "fringe cult" will be applied? To Pentecostals, Protestants, Baptists, Methodists, etc.?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/05/1979

It's a sorry state that our legal system is in isn't it? I mean, we are depicted as cruel and heartless because we believe the Constitution is more important than any American Citizen. So, we find ourselves in the unenviable position of defending the Constitution at the expense of the victims of FLDS. But, we know that if we don't defend the Constitution, as hard as it may be now, (though millions have done so much more defending that document, than taking an unpopular stance against an injustice, ie dying).

Oh, but this is NBD, right? It's just a "fringe cult" that is being targeted. In 5 years, I wonder how "fringe cult" will be applied? To Pentecostals, Protestants, Baptists, Methodists, etc.?

i agree...we're in a pickle...

a.

Jade you're one of them?

Jade is not one of "them", she just happens to live in Arizona and knows what's going on.

a.