• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I am curious what Scriptures you would cite. The only ones against polygamy are directed to elders, and at that the Greek is ambiguous. I am not condoning polygamy, by the way, if the Bible doesn't condemn it explicitly, it certainly does implicitly.

I agree! :laugh:

While I can't quote verses, I can see in Scripture where multiple wives were the "cultural" norm of the times when the books were written. I also remember that in many Old Testament stories there were problems between the 2 wives, or the husband showing favoritism for one or the other, etc. A whole can of worms that no family needs to deal with if it can be avoided, in other words. Abraham comes to mind. He wound up with Sarah and Hagar - and look how that turned out.

Someone once said: "One woman at a time is enough trouble for any man." :noidea:

I think that's true - just look at the nightmare they are trying to untangle in Texas. No Thanks, I'll stick with the "one wife" theory.

Plenty of scriptures are sited in the other threads about this event. They were closed because of acramony.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

21 wives? 21 "what have you done for me lately." 21 "honey do lists." 21 "it's your turn to watch the kids." 21 "you like her more than me." 21 "nag nag nag nag nag nag..."

OH NO! I'd shoot myself instead... :emot-handshake: