• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

This is the third time I have read the phrase "unforgivable sin" made by our Catholic friends in relation to being in opposition to certain teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. Not trying to change the subject here, but could one of you please quantify Biblically what you consider as committing the unforgivable sin (ie. blasphemy of the Holy Spirit)?

I sincerely do not like the argument, "You are going to hell for challenging the doctrines of the Roman Church." As much as a couple of you here like to complain that certain ones are "Catholic bashers," "Catholic haters," etc., I would think that you would restrain yourselves from making what is arguably the most offensive accusation against another Christian: "You are going to hell for that."

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  287
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Whether you like the direction it has taken or not the Catholic Church is the same body of believers today that it was in Apostolic times, making it the work of the Apostles and of God, to call God's work the work of Satan, is that offense. I don't think merely being opposed to the doctrines of the Catholic Church is what we are talking about here. Now, if you realize that some of them are true, and then still reject them, you might be getting closer.

Therefore, to summarize your response, anybody that calls the work of the Roman Church satanic, or equates it with the work of satan in any way (Including paganism, etc.), is doomed to hell. Is that a fair assessment of your argument here?

Care to prove that Biblically?

Therefore, to summarize your response, anybody that calls the work of the Roman Church satanic, or equates it with the work of satan in any way (Including paganism, etc.), is doomed to hell. Is that a fair assessment of your argument here?

It would depend on the level of proof afforded them by God. If they had seen the truth and rejected it and called it Satan's then yes. That is the Bible verse, paraphrased.

Therefore, to summarize your response, anybody that calls the work of the Roman Church satanic, or equates it with the work of satan in any way (Including paganism, etc.), is doomed to hell.  Is that a fair assessment of your argument here?

It would depend on the level of proof afforded them by God. If they had seen the truth and rejected it and called it Satan's then yes. That is the Bible verse, paraphrased.

I think, though, the verse you paraphrased is not related to the doctrines of the Roman church specifically, but to the gospel of Jesus Christ. There are a couple of verses related to doctrine, but I think also those are only related to a couple of specific teachings.

I'm going to separate our discourse into a separate thread so we can continue this without inturrupting the current topic.

Yes, that verse was talking about people calling a miracle Jesus worked as demonic. Jesus said that the Holy Ghost worked the miracle for them so that they could see the truth. He said you can call me a liar and that is fine but to call the work of the Holy Ghost demonic is to commit a sin which will not be forgiven. I say that the Catholic Church is the work of the Holy Ghost as the Bible says that the Holy Ghost will lead and guide her through the ages. So to call her demonic would be saying that the work of the Holy Ghost is demonic. But, I am not saying that God punishes those who don't have knowledge of what they are doing. I can't know if someone had particular knowledge or not, so I am in no position to judge. I can assume, however, when things appear a certain way, that they are how they seem. That is merely natural logic. If it quacks its a duck, etc. In the Bible it says that they were shown a miracle, or obvious evidence was presented to them. That is what I am talking about.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  250
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

g-guy,

You can act all high and mighty and holier than thou and delete the fire out of tons of threads then come on here and say that Catholics are equal to Hell and ruin.

No defense but the precious delete key ahyy?

g-guy,

You can act all high and mighty and holier than thou and delete the fire out of tons of threads then come on here and say that Catholics are equal to Hell and ruin.

No defense but the precious delete key ahyy?

:) Beg pardon?

Best to get your fact straight before making an accusation against me, friend.

In any case, since you remain, care to take up the standard for your compatriot? I'll promise to keep my finger off the delete button, so long as you act at least twice your shoe size. :)

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  250
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

yes

In any case, since you remain, care to take up the standard for your compatriot? I'll promise to keep my finger off the delete button, so long as you act at least twice your shoe size. 

I wonder if I cry to you and say that your words are unfruitful, and mean, and nonchristian, you will delete your own post?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

g-guy,

nicholas, please refer to our moderators by their appropriate name. They are due our gratitude for doing this time-consuming and tough job, and our respect for being in the position to serve us.

Thank you.