IGNORED

King Nebuchadnezzer and the Hebrew children.

Kingsson

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/13/1947

In the book of Daniel, chapter 3 is the story of the three Hebrew children and the furnace. My question is about verse twenty-five, the last part that says, " and the form of the fourth is like unto the Son of God." How did the king know what the Son of God looked like? I have an opinion on the matter, but that is what it is, my opinion. I will post my opinion later for discussion. I am truly interested in your input.

God Bless.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Some translations do not say, "the Son of God," but "a son of the gods."

This would make more since Nebuchadnezzar was most likely a polytheist. Apparently, there was something about His appearance that looked noticeably like a god to him.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

In the book of Daniel, chapter 3 is the story of the three Hebrew children and the furnace. My question is about verse twenty-five, the last part that says, " and the form of the fourth is like unto the Son of God." How did the king know what the Son of God looked like? I have an opinion on the matter, but that is what it is, my opinion. I will post my opinion later for discussion. I am truly interested in your input.

God Bless.

Hi there kingsson. I think it may be that he was in the form of the man but differed from them in a way that made the King think he was one of the gods. It actually says that he looked like a 'son of the gods'

and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.'

In verse 28 he is also referred to as Gods angel.

Guest man

Daniel 3

25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God......KJV

Daniel 3

25He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God......KJV

Thanks for the correction. I tried to quote from memory and I know better.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Psalm 34:6-7 (NKJV)

6 This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him,

And saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him,

And delivers them.

This psalm shows it's an angel of the Lord who delivers them but that's also used to define Christ.

Nebechanezzar was about to have a lot of dealings with the Lord so I think it's quite possible that he could have been given a revelation.

Some translations do not say, "the Son of God," but "a son of the gods."

This would make more since Nebuchadnezzar was most likely a polytheist. Apparently, there was something about His appearance that looked noticeably like a god to him.

Thanks for the comment. It doesn't agree with mine, but it is as valid as mine. I will post my opinion this week. Please remember it is my opinion.

God Bless.

Hi there kingsson. I think it may be that he was in the form of the man but differed from them in a way that made the King think he was one of the gods. It actually says that he looked like a 'son of the gods'

and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods.'

In verse 28 he is also referred to as Gods angel.

Thanks for the comment. These things make us all think which is good. It means we are studying and trying to learn.

God bless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I have to agree with Nebula. "son of God" is a term used in the O.T. to refer to angels [with the exception of Adam, I believe].

And trying to understand the statement from the perspective of the speaker is the best policy. How likely is it that King Neb would be making a very N.T., very trinitarian statement at that time? It is similar to the statement made by the Roman soldier at the foot of the cross. The Greek allows for all of the following to be possible translations of his statement:

1] truly this man was the son of God.

2] truly this man was a son of God.

3] truly this man was a son of a god.

Which is the most probable, coming from a polytheistic Roman soldier?

Guest man
Daniel 3

Thanks for the correction. I tried to quote from memory and I know better.

I just put it out there for everyone to see....it wasn't really aimed toward you.

Verses change with different bible translations.