• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/17/1959

You have a point, yod. The same media who gave (and continues to give) front line headlines to the POW abuse only gave a paragraph to this. No doubt if it had been a pregnant Arab lady who was shot by Israeli soldiers it would have been front page headlines. :) :down:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCPGUY
You have a point, yod. The same media who gave (and continues to give) front line headlines to the POW abuse only gave a paragraph to this. No doubt if it had been a pregnant Arab lady who was shot by Israeli soldiers it would have been front page headlines. :D :down:

Yes, most certainly, and, for several days or weeks, with its own 60 minute segment!

Bro John

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

I am personally appalled that anyone no matter what nationaility would torture or abuse a prisnor of war. The sad part is that it dows happen probally more than we are being made aware of. But its not just America doing this. I observe the media making a bigger issue about American's "tortouring" prisnors yet give scant remarks to the abuse being meted out to men and women who are captured by the other side. I guess the world is just holding America accountable to a greater degree or something. But that does not excuse the actions of those who participated in the abuse. As far as I am concerned they should be delt with and punished for their actions no matter what nationality is involved.

Guest kitkat

Video Seems to Show Beheading of American

CAIRO, Egypt - A video posted Tuesday on an Islamic militant Web site showed the beheading of an American civilian in Iraq (news - web sites), and said the execution was carried out by an al-Qaida affiliated group to avenge the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by American soldiers.

If you haven't already read this, the full story can be found by following the link below:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...ican_beheaded_3

This is why we are using some of the methods such as humiliation and embarassment to gain information. This information saves lives, it saves our soldiers lives, our lives and the lives of innocent people all over the world.

Why do the American apologists dictate that we behave "morally" when our enemy has no qualms to brutalize captives?

The blame America first faction of our country has very short memories!

This is war and these captives are terrorists, NOT PRISONERS OF WAR!! And they don't deserve nor should they be entitled to the normal Geneva Convention protocal for prisoners of war.

And let's not forget, that the Jordanian Intelligence Service, which used these same interrogation tactics or harhser, foiled an Al Queda plot to kill between 20 to 80,000 people from chemical weapons that were delivered from Syria via Iraq.

These WMD's were probably part of Saddam's WMD's smuggled to Syria just prior to the war.

If these Al Queda terrorists would have only been required to give name, rank and serial number, as many people here want, thousands of innocent people would have been killed.

I find it totally astounding that a massive foiled Al Queda plot to kill thousands was only given PASSING attention in our media, while they have filled days and volumes devoted to the hazing and humiliation of a few terrorists used to gain vital information. There's a difference between torture and humiliation. I do not condone using torture tactics and I don't excuse anyone for using torture tactics, but these humiliation tactics have a purpose and they have been used by our military and others for centuries. What do you expect?

Kat

Guest charlie

The poor man murdered was named Nick Berg:

here's a section but not the whole article:

"My name is Nick Berg, my father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Susan," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in ... Philadelphia."

After reading a statement, the men were seen pulling the man to his side and putting a large knife to his neck. A scream sounded as the men cut his head off, shouting "Allahu Akbar!"

Edited by charlie

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

charlie

I think these "methods" will only egg them on to retaliate in even worse ways as we've seen today. We know already they've been doing this kind of thing to each other, now nothing will stop them from doing it to any American unfortunate enough to be captured by them.

We absolutely cannot backdown or we will be seen as weak to the eyes of those who only respond to strength. I'm totally outraged about this. Our soldiers can continue to do what they did IF it leads to intelligence that finds those murderers. There is a big difference between humiliation of a few terrorists and horrendous murderer!!

God Bless George Bush and may he have strength to win this war!!!...:prayer

I hope that this video has awakened Americans to understand the cost of losing this war.

The side willing to be the most brutal is going to win. I hope it's us.

Guest charlie

I think we need to pull out, come home and regroup. It seems to me that instead of going over there, we should tighten up immigration and keep closer tabs on who we let in here. If you or I didn't pay our taxes the IRS would hound us like a dog. Maybe we could put some of that military manpower on the U.S. Mexican border too. I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to do that after being attacked 2 yrs ago.

The terrorists that attacked us on 9-11 were Saudi Arabian and supposedly in Afghanistan. Why wasn't this "big effort" focused on Afghanistan? Is there any oil there?

What was our mission in Iraq again? Oh yeah, WMDs.

You know which Americans are gonna lose in all of this don't you? It won't be the politicians or the oil executives.....it's gonna be the everyday common person like you and me and our kids, who are in the military.

Sorry but we're in a mess here.

Edited by charlie

Guest charlie
The side willing to be the most brutal is going to win. I hope it's us.

It's lost Yod. The only way that I can see us winning is to use nukes. Surely nobody wants to see that happen and it's not likely anyway because we need their oil.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The terrorists that attacked us on 9-11 were Saudi Arabian and supposedly in Afghanistan. Why wasn't this "big effort" focused on Afghanistan? Is there any oil there?

What was our mission in Iraq again? Oh yeah, WMDs.

charlie, those weapons went to Syria and were about to be used in Jordan...remember?

Also, have you forgotten the 17 UN resolution and the democratic liberal who's who list that backed clinton to attack Iraq for those weapons?

why do you insist using the same tired dogma of 'no wmd' in the total face of what is happening?!?