Scarletprayers

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Homosexuals may recognize gay marriages, states may recognize gay marriage, and even the federal government one day may recognize gay marriages. But until God recognizes such marriages I never will either.

And that will never happen.

Precisely. May the will of the people triumph again in November.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Homosexuals may recognize gay marriages, states may recognize gay marriage, and even the federal government one day may recognize gay marriages. But until God recognizes such marriages I never will either.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less. They're not asking you to get married to a person of the same sex, so you don't have anything to worry about.

the most ironic part of the whole situation is that the judges were appointed by republicans.

That probably doesn't mean much in California.

Where was Reagan from again?

Sounds like it's about time for that state to sink into the ocean.

A lot of people would die if that happened.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

mikeinsarasota :

A lot of people would die if that happened.

Yes, exactly . . that is precisely the concern . . many, many innocent people in that State , not to mention those who are our brothers and sisters in the Lord: part of His Body . . .

This is a serious decision with spiritual ramifications of tremendous magnitude.

May God have mercy . .

** praying **

• Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

I read about the ruling in the paper and I got to say that the ruling is such a dangerous thing to have happened that I can not put it into the right words. The ruling shows that the vote of the people no longer means anything, that the people no longer have the power to rule or govern themselves and that big brother is getting bigger. It shows that at least in California the government is no longer for the people and by the people and it shows that the government of California has chosen to stand on the side of sin against the righteousness of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I'm pretty sure they couldn't care less. They're not asking you to get married to a person of the same sex, so you don't have anything to worry about.

the most ironic part of the whole situation is that the judges were appointed by republicans.

Why must you try/seek to cause strife everywhere you post?

Why must you try/seek to cause strife everywhere you post?

I'm sorry if you interpret my posts as such, brother, that is not my intention at all. Quite the opposite. I realize that most members here are of a particular mind politically, spiritually, and intellectually. But that may not be the only way of thinking. Take this thread for example. People are talking about a state sinking into the ocean, a WHOLE STATE. Some members on this board live there. If it sunk brother Joe would be with them. The are good Christians living in California, let's not bite off the nose to spite the face here. And I see a lot of that happening here on the board. We are supposed to be considerate, contemplative, good Christians, but I don't see a lot of it with comments like that. My point in asking where Reagan was from was to show that while there may be some bad stuff there, there is also some good stuff. With the good comes the bad in this world, unfortunately. So the question becomes do we forsake the good for the bad? In considering all aspects of an issue we can stop unfounded rumours that plant the seeds of hatred, and can spread the love that Jesus so givingly bestowes upon us. So you see, my point is exactly the opposite of seeking to cause strife, it is to prevent hatred.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

edit: I see this thread has been edited so I've deleted my comments.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

As much as I understand the dissatisfaction some have expressed about a law voted in by the majority being shot down, you have to remember that courts don't (or I should say shouldn't) rule based on what the population believes, they rule based on the constitution and current laws put in place. That's the job of the courts.

So the Judicial Branch was never designed to appease the majority, it was designed to uphold the laws. Personally I'm very glad the system works in this way.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

As much as I understand the dissatisfaction some have expressed about a law voted in by the majority being shot down, you have to remember that courts don't (or I should say shouldn't) rule based on what the population believes, they rule based on the constitution and current laws put in place. That's the job of the courts.

So the Judicial Branch was never designed to appease the majority, it was designed to uphold the laws. Personally I'm very glad the system works in this way.

What law did the Supreme Court uphold in this case, because it obviously didn't uphold the gay marriage ban, (law) voted on by the California Voters? Gay marriage was not written into the California Constitution, so what laws did these judges base their ruling on? At least the California voters are defying the tyrants on the bench and will amend the Constitution this fall.

We can all learn something from the Californians, they are using the Constitutional Process in order to overrule the out of control judicial branch. They are displaying that we can lose battle after battle in the courts, but we still have the final say.

Go California, Go! This fall the people will decide that homosexual marriage will remain in the closet indefinitely, in California.