• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Sounds like it's about time for that state to sink into the ocean.

I believe God has better ways of dealing with the immorality being pushed out of California.

Anyway the "sinking into the ocean" is a geological misunderstanding of plate tectonics.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

As much as I understand the dissatisfaction some have expressed about a law voted in by the majority being shot down, you have to remember that courts don't (or I should say shouldn't) rule based on what the population believes, they rule based on the constitution and current laws put in place. That's the job of the courts.

So the Judicial Branch was never designed to appease the majority, it was designed to uphold the laws. Personally I'm very glad the system works in this way.

What law did the Supreme Court uphold in this case, because it obviously didn't uphold the gay marriage ban, (law) voted on by the California Voters? Gay marriage was not written into the California Constitution, so what laws did these judges base their ruling on? At least the California voters are defying the tyrants on the bench and will amend the Constitution this fall.

We can all learn something from the Californians, they are using the Constitutional Process in order to overrule the out of control judicial branch. They are displaying that we can lose battle after battle in the courts, but we still have the final say.

Go California, Go! This fall the people will decide that homosexual marriage will remain in the closet indefinitely, in California.

I don't know why they ruled the way they did, I haven't read the briefing for the ruling. I'm just saying that laws voted in are not always constitutional, and it is the supreme courts job to interpret the constitution. Sometimes that means to go against the will of the people, and fortunately there are avenues for people to amend the constitution to avoid tyranny.