• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Loarx,

Do you feel that those of us who are ignorant and refuse to believe the propaganda ought be punished? If so, what form of punishment should be meted out? :thumbsup:

By the way, the Green Gospel is a lie straight from hell. :th_praying: At it's center is the worship of the Creation and mankinds efforts (works) at restoration of a permanently marred Creation. It's a Religion. :b:

Peace,

Dave

Treating the Lord's creation with respect doesn't constitute a religion. We are all His creation, should we start treating each other with the blatant disregard that we've been showing to the environment? Do you find it un-Christian to be a good steward of the land?

No, but, like I said in an above post, we don't need to be taxed into oblivion in order to do it, for a hoas.

What, in your opinion, then would motivate people to be good stewards of the land? Because so far people don't seem to be doing it on their own volition.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

Loarx,

Do you feel that those of us who are ignorant and refuse to believe the propaganda ought be punished? If so, what form of punishment should be meted out? :thumbsup:

By the way, the Green Gospel is a lie straight from hell. :th_praying: At it's center is the worship of the Creation and mankinds efforts (works) at restoration of a permanently marred Creation. It's a Religion. :b:

Peace,

Dave

Treating the Lord's creation with respect doesn't constitute a religion. We are all His creation, should we start treating each other with the blatant disregard that we've been showing to the environment? Do you find it un-Christian to be a good steward of the land?

"Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." (Rom. 1:25)

In my opinion the extreme environmentalists do this, and many Christian groups are following in lock-step with the environmentalist movements which emphasize the environment over human beings. So I think that environmentalism could very well be a form of religion.

They are not putting the environment before humans, well most of them anyway. Can you not comprehend the fact that if our environment becomes unsuitable for life, we die, as a species. By salvaging what's left of the environment we ensure our survival.

I understand that perfectly. However, like so many other things "The environment" (aka "green) has become a "red button" issue that has been hyped to the point that the average American believes that if they don't buy a certain type of dish washing liquid or car, then they are personally responsible for Bambi's survival. The real facts obviously are diverse from that. You have to remember that, although the human species is generally intelligent, 90% of us simply believe what we are told without giving a second thought to it, or responding by doing actual research. It's called "herd mentality," and marketers rely on that instinct all the time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Do you feel that those of us who are ignorant and refuse to believe the propaganda ought be punished? If so, what form of punishment should be meted out?

No.

But what a strange question. That you dismiss scientific evidence as "propaganda" is telling. And if there is a punishment for ignoring said evidence, that punishment is going to come from the Earth itself, not from man. That punishment will come in the form of rising temperatures and tides, in desertification and drought. If your question was actually a serious one--was it?--then I think you should take a serious look at the issues at hand.

Peace,

Dave

Classic. If you don't like it, write it off as a religion. We see this again and again.

Evolution?

A religion.

Obama?

A religion.

Global warming?

A religion.

It's a quick and easy way to demonize something without even addressing it.

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

You have your idea made up about America. I guess there's 2 Americas, the greenies and the meanies, with such a limited worldview, how could anyone have a productive conversation with you?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

"Environmental Armageddon", the greenies have resulted in the same fear tactics they've derided Christians for using to witness to the lost.

I see the desperation here and know that the theory of APG is in its deaththroes.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.43
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

You have your idea made up about America. I guess there's 2 Americas, the greenies and the meanies, with such a limited worldview, how could anyone have a productive conversation with you?

"Green" is propaganda based upon limited evidence. How can you not see that based upon the OP of this thread? Do you think that the number of persons who singed this document are ignorant to the severity of the global warming issue?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.22
  • Content Count:  4,274
  • Content Per Day:  4.71
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

"Hey, look, some scientists still disagree with AGW, so we can keep living like careless pigs." :th_praying:
Who is this "we", Lorax? You have a mouse in your pocket?

Nor is the overwhelming majority of scientists a number to be marginalized, yet that is the intent of the article. Ignore the majority, side with the minority...for no reason other than wishful thinking. Let's shirk our responsibility now and leave it all to our children. That's easy.
Like evolution? The majority of scientists believe in evolution. Do you believe that? Are Christians just "wishful thinking?" I'm not shrinking from my responsibility, which is to teach my children/grandchildren that God is sovereign and that we are stewards of this planet until Christ returns. We are to keep out planet beautiful while using the natural resources God gave us. Unlike Mexico, China and India, who pour pollutants into the atmosphere at an alarming rate. Gore and his "inconvenient truth" agenda is being spewed to our children in junior and senior high. It's a lie. Al Gore is telling lies for profit. And please, Lorax, please don't place me in the same category as yourself. I am nothing like your stereotype.

Loarx,

Peace,

Dave

"Who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and served the creation rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen." (Rom. 1:25)

In my opinion the extreme environmentalists do this, and many Christian groups are following in lock-step with the environmentalist movements which emphasize the environment over human beings. So I think that environmentalism could very well be a form of religion.

They are not putting the environment before humans, well most of them anyway. Can you not comprehend the fact that if our environment becomes unsuitable for life, we die, as a species. By salvaging what's left of the environment we ensure our survival.

Ensure our survival? What Bible have you been reading? Mine says that God will destroy this planet as we know it to make a new kingdom for us to reign with him. I'm not saying to live like "pigs" as Lorax wants to call himself, but nothing we can do will change the Truth of Earth's fate.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Loarx,

Do you feel that those of us who are ignorant and refuse to believe the propaganda ought be punished? If so, what form of punishment should be meted out? :laugh:

By the way, the Green Gospel is a lie straight from hell. :emot-pray: At it's center is the worship of the Creation and mankinds efforts (works) at restoration of a permanently marred Creation. It's a Religion. :thumbsup:

Peace,

Dave

Ensure our survival? What Bible have you been reading? Mine says that God will destroy this planet as we know it to make a new kingdom for us to reign with him. I'm not saying to live like "pigs" as Lorax wants to call himself, but nothing we can do will change the Truth of Earth's fate.

Yes, the world will end when He wants it to. We all get it. But in the meantime, should we just trash the place because we know it's going to end? We don't have to worship it, but it is after something He crafted to support us. Shouldn't we treat it with respect? Don't you ever go into the mountains or woods and sit and marvel at how wonderful it all is, and respect it? Or do you go into the woods and throw candy wrappers and trash on the ground, because, hey, He'll end it when He wants anyway?