IGNORED

Do you think that Satans can allow certain powers of Discernment?

MeCajunboy

:runforhills:

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Joel 2:32

For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

Psalms 22:24

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah 15:16

:emot-nod:

... I am totally disgusted with this monster....

:emot-LOL:

:rofl:

:rolleyes:

Why The Bite

Follow

Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Isaiah 48:10

The LORD

Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

1 Peter 4:1

Forgoing The Lusts Of Men To Live To God

That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

1 Peter 4:2

Trusting Through All Our Tribulations And Sufferings That He Is Perfecting Us

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

1 Peter 5:10

:beehive:

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:24

Amen

To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

1 Peter 5:11

:P

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Thank you, Isaiah43, for your input, but as I do not know you from Tom Jones, I am not in the position of testing your faith in The Lord Jesus Christ. I don't know that I have ever posted on the same thread as you before. Depression can be a medical or clinical problem. Forty five years ago,my mother took her pwn life when suffering from depression. She was a confirmed anglican and was 72 at the time. I read thecoroner's report that stated that Mrs...............ended her own life while the state of her mind was unbalanced. None of her family were b/a christians. including myself, at the time, so satan was never ever considered as a motivating force.

Another of my favourite scriptures is 1 Cor 10:13. no temptation has taken you except that,which is common to man: but God is faithful who will not let you be tempted beyond what you are able, but will with the temptation, make also the way out, that you may be able to endure it.

If it wasn't for that passage of scripture, that my wife of 52 years, and myself, read together,we would not be together still. We had only been married 30 years at that time and our marriage only just held together because of our children's sake. Even after our conversion, about 22 yrs ago, we have been through the fires, but He is faithful and each time He has brought us out of the fire, we have been stronger in our walk and never once have we ever given satan a thought, let alone blame him. It's tough out there friend and I also believe strongly what Paul wrote in Rom 8:28.

You take care and be like me and make a rude gesture as the devil. :emot-nod: He is a cowardly liar. :runforhills:

PS

No, mate your are not an inept fool who doesn't know how to put your faith in God. No one said being christian is going to be easy, but if you love Him as much as He loves you......you're a winner.

PSS, I have just seen that you are a matess. I thought you was a bloke

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Sorry I am late getting back to you Nebula, but I have been sleping and have only finished brekky.

You quoted from Jn 10:10. ReC version says, The thief does not come but to steal and kill and destroy. I come so they may have life and may have it abundantly. No mention of power here, just that he comes. I can not deny that, and he does succeed with those who are vulnerable. His tools are slick craftyness and audacity, but in Eph, Paul tells us to put your armour on and fend him off with the sword of the spirit.

In another question you ask would wiccan have lasted so long if there was not some sort of power attached to it. Well wiccan is a satanic religion and people have a choice whether or not to follow after them. They have no power to make anyone join up.

You also ask,

Can Satan - or demons - give people knowledge of things? Well, why not? I mean, it would be quite odd if a demon couldn't discern between spirits, don't you think?

satan can only give people knowledge of things, if people are willing to listen, but we are told that he is a liar and father of all lies. He certainly can't give me any knowlrdge that I don't already know about.

You have a nice day sister :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

No mention of power here, just that he comes.

Ephesians 6:12 NIV

12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

When you stand in front of Almighty God...you will be accountable for your own actions, behaviors, and attitude...you can't blame Satan or anybody else. But don't sell the enemy short. They hate the human race and are determined to take as many as they can to the Lake of fire. This is a spiritual war....Power of Light vs. Power of Darkness.

God says BE ON GUARD, stand firm in your faith, be strong, be courageous, and do everything in Love.

And if you are under attack....it is not your prayer life...it is because God has favor with you and big plans. And the enemy wants to destroy you, to destroy God's plans. But stay focused on Jesus, don't lose hope, and press forward.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

If I haven't made my self clear right through this thread, let me say now, that I am talking about. I am referring to solid, sound, born again followers of Christ, that satan has no power over. Every one that Jesus or the apostles drove spirist out of in the NT had not received the power of the H/S, because they had never heard of Him. The only power that satan has, is that which people allow him to have; and if people have not the faith to resist him, then they lacking in there faith in Jesus. The bible clearly says, that one, without faith it is impossible to please God, and two, Greater is He who is in me than he that is in the world.

So why is it taking me so long to overcome all the layers and roots of my chronic depression. :emot-questioned:

i dont understand. you think your depression is caused by outside "forces?"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

i dont understand. you think your depression is caused by outside "forces?"

Because in my having to deal with it, I found that there are evil spirits involved - as well as my own psychology.

There is a "spirit of death," ad when it sinks its claws into your brain you become lost in the desire to die.

Unless you've been there, though, you probably wouldn't be able to understand no matter how well I could explain it. :emot-hug:

I just know that what I lived with wasn't a mere psychological problem.