Bread_of_Life

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Let me help. The bible shows the earth to be 6000 years old +-. This is true for people being around, and plants, etc. But as far as this big, area of mass, and water, we I believe do not have a for sure instruction in the scriptures, as a matter of fact it is possible, that we have proof the earth was here, without all those things God created. God brought out of confusion control, as Gen. 1, and maybe two speaks of. So there is a possibility that the mass was here before God made man, in His image, of male, and female, or masculine, and feminine.

Sorry but this will not wash with Scripture. In the beginning God created heaven and earth. There was nothing but God before He began to create.

As to a man proclaiming to be a Christian, and believing something that is non Biblical he is fulfilling these Scriptures.

Matt 6:24

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

(KJV)

Luke 16:13

13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

(KJV)

2 Cor 6:14-16

14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

(KJV)

Eph 5:6-8

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

(KJV)

II Th 3:14-15

14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

(KJV)

James 4:4

God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

(KJV)

He must choose one or the other or he could loose his salvation.

Josh 24:15

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

(KJV)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Sorry but this will not wash with Scripture. In the beginning God created heaven and earth. There was nothing but God before He began to create.

A question which I have not answered is This does not necessarily say when the beginning was. I do not know, when the beginning was, If I knew I could say, I am not making a factual remark about, when the beginning was, I do not know. It would appear to me, The Spirit went around the earth, and separated the water, and the land, but I do not know personally when the beginning actually was around. I am sorry if I hurt you by saying this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  335
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  01/27/1975

I have a question for all the young earth creationists here on the boards, why do you feel that believing in a old earth is such a leap from the bible? After all the bible isn't meant to be a scientific text, it's a spiritual text and whether man was created instantly or evolved has no bearing on the existence of God.

Genesis is specific to a point but in scientific terms it's extrememly vague and in my view with good reason. The original audience from Genesis would have been utterly confused by a scientific account of events and it also would have served no real purpose.

If God knew this was going to be such a point of contention why didn't he just stamp a date on creation if it was a young earth? It would have been easy to do so.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

I have a question for all the young earth creationists here on the boards, why do you feel that believing in a old earth is such a leap from the bible? After all the bible isn't meant to be a scientific text, it's a spiritual text and whether man was created instantly or evolved has no bearing on the existence of God.

Genesis is specific to a point but in scientific terms it's extrememly vague and in my view with good reason. The original audience from Genesis would have been utterly confused by a scientific account of events and it also would have served no real purpose.

If God knew this was going to be such a point of contention why didn't he just stamp a date on creation if it was a young earth? It would have been easy to do so.

But it tells a lot on the character of God. Adam brought death into the world ( Romans 5:12 ), not God....Old Earth evolution says that death created man - meaning in order for man to have become, death started life. The Bible says God created man. Man created death. Death is never good! 1 Corinthians 15:26 says - The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.. Death isn't Gods plan for creation - it never was.

Exodus 20:11 says 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.. What's the problem here ? Why is this simple statement so hard to believe ?

Consider this - if the Earth is old, and the Gap theory or theistic evolution is true, I see a problem....God created the plants on day three. The sun wasn't created until day 4. Don't plants need the sun ? I mean, I could go on and on about problems in the gap theory and theistic evolution or day age theories, but its pointless. You have a Bible ( if not, here you go - Bible Gateway ) and it's all in there. I'll be happy to direct you where to go however, but only on request.

I don't serve a God who created things by trial and error as evolution teaches....my God did it right the first time. Evolution says that the Bible is lying - we're not both right. Either God is a liar, or evolution is lying.

Genesis is specific to a point but in scientific terms it's extremely vague and in my view with good reason. The original audience from Genesis would have been utterly confused by a scientific account of events and it also would have served no real purpose.

You keep making ascertains about people being stupid or unable to comprehend things back in the early days of the Earth. I think Adam was incredibly smart....much more that we are. He was deceived, yes; but so are we. He was able to walk with His creator and ask questions - to me that seems like a much better source than what scientist feed us. Who needs books when you meet with the Designer and Creator every evening ? ( Genesis 3:8 ). Things were "very good" when God was done creating. Good means...not bad.

I think there is a date stamped on the Earth...it's in the scriptures if you read it and study it....people just can't drop their faith in modern science long enough to put their faith in God's Holy Word ( Col 2:8 )

Man also screwed things up. We had fellowship with God, and Adam blew it. Now it becomes a faith issue doesn't it ? And God rewards the faithful and those who trust Him. He's God and He runs the show, and does what He wants to ( Psalm 155:3 )....if He chose not to specifically tell us when He created the Earth ( when at one time we knew - pre-fall ) that's His right as God ( but I think He left some clues ).

Blessings,

Bob

Guest Strservant
Exodus 20:11 says 11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.. What's the problem here ? Why is this simple statement so hard to believe ?

Based on the verse above, how do those who believe in ages instead of days hallow the Sabbath? Is it a certain year or age? You can't have it both ways. If day means ages then there is an age that is to be hallowed not a day. What age would that be? I believe God meant to hallow a day which is the day He rested from His creative work.

Respectfully,

Strservant

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Gotta question -

Psalm 19

4 . . . In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,

like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens

and makes its circuit to the other;

nothing is hidden from its heat.

Ecclesiastes 1:5

The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.

Is anyone going to fight tooth and nail here that the sun orbits the Earth - because this is what the Bible says happens!?

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

Gotta question -

Psalm 19

4 . . . In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,

5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,

like a champion rejoicing to run his course.

6 It rises at one end of the heavens

and makes its circuit to the other;

nothing is hidden from its heat.

Ecclesiastes 1:5

The sun rises and the sun sets, and hurries back to where it rises.

Is anyone going to fight tooth and nail here that the sun orbits the Earth - because this is what the Bible says happens!?

What's the argument here ( no sarcasm intended ) ? The sun does rise and set....hence the term sunrise and sunset.

I see no ambiguity at all in the accounts recorded that the Lord did indeed created the Earth in 6 days.

The Bible tells us that Lucifer ( not yet Satan ) was in the Garden before the fall ( Ezekiel 28 )....and God said on the sixth day that "it was very good". Taking everything else I've shown regarding death, dying, etc. not being in Gods design for creation, rather coming through Adam by his disobedience, I see no other conclusion one can draw. God made things good - without death, and Satan, then man messed it up.

Thoughts from a Christian perspective ?

In His service,

Bob

Guest arkon
Is anyone going to fight tooth and nail here that the sun orbits the Earth - because this is what we call it today too so we must think the sun goes around the earth just like the bible

including the US Navy http://mach.usno.navy.mil/cgi-bin/aa_rstablew

sunrisesunset.com as well

That was really a poor attempt to take Gods word out of context.

This is also a perfect example of what happens to people who try to take Gods TRUTH and make it into a lie. HE makes you into a fool.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

I know the first seven days spoken of are regular days, they are not the 1,000 year to 1 day teaching. The first scripture I think is alittle more difficult to understand, In the begginning God created the heaven, and the earth, and the earth was without form, and void...Please forgive me if I did not write it perfectly, I am going by memory. So with that scripture I in my mind, find it difficult to say that that has to mean the earth was created right before God started to do the other things listed, yet part of me believes that is true. I do not see a definition to that as factual though. That is why I consider that maybe the earth is older, this to me, does not stop me from believing in God, but may help other people to see God did not make any mistakes, and therefore their science if it is true science, I speak of the science from God, then if it is true, then they can believe in ELoHeeM HaYaH and follow Him. We can see in scripture there is in the N.T. which says that is a science falsely so called, because if someone does not receive all truth, then they can not have all truth. So true science does not in any way go against EL(God, Allah).