IGNORED

Remarrying after Divorce

Guest bliss

Guest bliss

:huh: I'm a Christian woman divorced for almost six years. At the time my ex-husband and I split up neither of us were Christian. I have dated casually since my divorce, only one relationship that lasted more than a year. For the last three years I've been quite content being single. I came back to my Christian faith this past year and have felt a pull to have a companion in my life again. I've prayed and asked God that if it is his will that I would meet a good Christian man to share my life with. I've surrendered this to him. The question I've been struggling with is can I marry again when I divorced on grounds that are not spelled out in the Bible? Any advice will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance to all who respond.

bliss

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

I believe it is ok in your situation to remarry. You weren't a believe when you got divorced you said..

I would say though, are things un"fixable" between you and your ex? Is he not a Christian still?

I believe this is between you and God, and since you are praying about it, I'm sure God will answer you.

It is written in 1 Corinthians, that it is better to marry than to burn, right? If you want to remarry, I would say go ahead, but do alot of praying about it.

Guest bliss

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage *smile* I wish you and your soon to be husband much love, laughter, and joy in Christ in your new life together.

My ex husband is still a non-believer and has remarried so I would say that things are unfixable. He and I communicate well now and do so for the benefit of our two wonderful daughters.

I have prayed about it and believe the Lord will give me an answer in his time and will. I'm simply curious what others opinions are based on Biblical principle.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. *soft smile*

bliss

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

Based on Biblical principles, it's clear that its ok to remarry, if you were divorced before you were a believer.

1 Corinithians 7: 13-15

13 And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

I believe that this means in the case of unbelievers, you are not under bondage.

It does sound like things are pretty much unfixable with your ex.

Thank you for the congrats.

Guest ReflectionsofHim

I believe that God's Word is Truth. If we have sinned and we are repentful of that sin, and we have asked forgiveness of that sin, and our slate is wiped clean by Him (and it is), then so be it! We serve a forgiving God! We serve a merciful God Who is full of grace as well! And remember...when God forgives? He remembers no more! :laugh: Now THAT is an awesome God!

Love to you through our Jesus!

Reflections

Edited by ReflectionsofHim

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

I believe that God's Word is Truth. If we have sinned and we are repentful of that sin, and we have asked forgiveness of that sin, and our slate is wiped clean by Him (and it is), then so be it! We serve a forgiving God! We serve a merciful God Who is full of grace as well! And remember...when God forgives? He remembers no more!  :laugh: Now THAT is an awesome God!

Love to you through our Jesus!

Reflections

Amen! That's what I'd say as well....and I'm tough on divorce issues...very tough. There is obviously no way to reconcile your past marriage without causing more sin....you confessed your sin and Jesus said all sins can be forgiven. All being said and done, you are a new creature and while God was not pleased about your divorce, He has forgiven you if you've repented.

Pray, pray and pray. I'll pray for you too ( putting ya on my list right now ). Discern God's will, seek guidance and trust in Him.

I am very pleased to see someone take seriously the restrictions Jesus set forth on divorce and remarriage. Your ex-husband ( although I would have still considered him your husband in God's eyes ) has since broke the marriage contract with you ( via adultery in marriage to his "new wife" ) thereby releasing you from the bond. That is my take on your situation.

God bless you as you seek His will....and hold dear to this -

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given him." (James 1:5 )

You are doing just that and He is faithful!

In His service,

Bob

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Based on Biblical principles, it's clear that its ok to remarry, if you were divorced before you were a believer.

1 Corinithians 7: 13-15

13 And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away.

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

15 Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us to peace.

I believe that this means in the case of unbelievers, you are not under bondage.

It does sound like things are pretty much unfixable with your ex.

Thank you for the congrats.

Good scripture Nicks Girl :laugh:

Bliss your case fits well into the scriptures quoted by Nicks Girl i believe you have recieved Gods Word on the matter :laugh:

All Praise The Ancient of Days