Miss Pryzma

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Do any of you know about the Universities in your country/province/state?

The thing is not this sept. but next sept (2005) I want to go to a different University for a year and try it out. I Just need to get out of this place (Again! lol). So I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice on Universities.

Here are some things to keep in mind. I'm in Canada at the moment, so I think I can go to any Canadian university, right? .. For other Universities (like the states, Australia, UK, etc.) What do I need for it? How much is it? Etc .. Also if it helps I am "legal" to work/study/live in European countries without visas.

For now I don't have anything really specific, but once I get some ideas from different places I will pin-point some stuff down and ask for more details.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummm ok, so I guess none of you know????

Am I asking in the wrong forum section??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I have no idea pryzma

I know that we have many foreign students attending Australian Universities. They set up education fairs in many Asian cities to attract foreign students to their campuses. I am sure if you get in contact with an Australian consulate or the embassy they will advise you on who to contact for further information.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Thanks Adstar!!! I really appreciate your reply :laugh: ... Do you happen to know the web site or number?

Hi Pryzma :il:

There is a consulate in Vancouver Pryzma

Australian Consulate in Vancouver, Canada

This post is headed by an Honorary Consul

Address

Suite 1225 - 888 Dunsmuir Street

Vancouver B.C. V6C 3K4

Canada

Telephone

1 604 684 1177

Fax

1 604 684 1856

You might find more info from the this website.

Here is the Australian Consulate website

Hope this helps you :laugh:

Thank You Adstar!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :o

You are a great help Mate! :o

Do you happen to know what the employment is like over there? .. Like is it easy for an international Student to get a job while studying?

And another question while I'm at it :o .. Do you know what type of professions are needed in Aus? (Just incase I want to cater my degree and education to apply for citizenship :o ) ... oh oh oh, and is it hard to apply now-a-days?

Thanks again Adstar :il:

Hi Pryzma :il:

Do you happen to know what the employment is like over there? .. Like is it easy for an international Student to get a job while studying?

Well the unemployment rate is 5.4 % so it is pretty low many students get jobs in the tourism and service industries like clubs and restaurants. Not a high paying area but it can help subsidize the cost of living here. Also a lot of backpackers earn good money by picking fruit and grapes and such but you may have to travel a bit to get to the areas that need pickers so if your doing a full time course you may be able to get some picking work only in the breaks.

And another question while I'm at it  .. Do you know what type of professions are needed in Aus? (Just incase I want to cater my degree and education to apply for citizenship  ) ... oh oh oh, and is it hard to apply now-a-days?

Well the one that sticks out is nursing and aged care. also child care is in demand. I am sure you could right a letter to the embassy they probably will be able to give you some pointers. Maybe i would not ask it while applying for a student visa they may think your intention is to become an illegal immigrant and they have no tolerance for that in Australia. I would keep the inquiries separate. Yes it is hard to get into Australia these days the demand is so big and the places are limited.

Hope all goes well for you Sis :il:

All Praise the Ancient of Days

Thanks again Adstar for all the tips! :il: ... I'll def be looking into it. I have already checked the web site out you gave me .. LOTS of stuff to read up on!

One other question ( :rolleyes: sorry you must be getting sick of them by now aye?) .... Where would you recomend to study in Australia? (specific Uni, or city etc. ) ... I haven't been there yet, so geographicaly not sure where would be the nicest.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  174
  • Birthday:  09/08/1967

I would think the best course of action into finding out how you can get into a particular school of your choice would be to contact that particular school individually.

I don't know diddly about Canada, but in the USA each school has slotted a certain amount of students to come from foreign countries, etc. If you apply to them and you qualify you may very well be granted admission, granted you pass an immigration screening and receive a student Visa.

Pick a college, give them a hollar. And of course, if you have the money, then any school is more apt to listen to what you have to say.

Also, your course of study may have a major influence on what school will or will not accept you. I know that if you are majoring in molecular biology, or nuclear fission there are a ton of schools here in the States that perk up when a prospective student with these fields of endeavor come calling. But if you are a liberal arts major (pick any of those majors - all the same to the school) you probably won't even get an ear that will listen to you. Artists and musicians are a dime a dozen. Those majoring in hard core science and math are the students the universities are desperate to find.

Hi Pryzma :blink:

the most prestigious universities are located in Sydney and Melbourne but of course they are the most expensive places to live in Australia here is a link to Australian Universities

Australian Universities

I would say that you would enjoy a Brisbane university the most it is close to surfers paradise :)

The following link gives a list of rankings of Australian universities from a variety of national and international bodies it may be of interest to you

Rankings

One other question (  sorry you must be getting sick of them by now aye?) .... Where would you recommend to study in Australia? (specific Uni, or city etc. ) ... I haven't been there yet, so geographically not sure where would be the nicest.

No worries Pryzma i love helping you As i have said maybe Brisbane would be the nicest place for you but i am no expert on Australian universities. So have a look at the links that i have given you and get in contact with the consulate and embassy i am sure they will direct you to people who know far more than me :wub: