• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,423
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  09/30/1944

Matthew 6:13 - And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one

There is no temptation or sin in heaven. This prayer does not imply that God wants to tempt us. We know from James 1:13 That it is impossible for God to entice us to sin. This kind of praying is important because it requires us to face our need for grace.

It helps us to align our heart with heaven -- one of absolute dependency on God. The phrase "deliver us from evil", as it is traditionall rendered actually means, "deliver us from the evil one." A heart modeled after heaven has great success in spiritual warfare.

Jesus was able to say, "satan has nothing in me." The believer is to be completely free from all satanic influnce and attachments. That is the cry voiced in this prayer.

James 4:7 - So be subject to God. Resist the devil (stand firm against him), and he will flee from you.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 1:8-10

1 Corinthians 15:10 -- But by the grace of God I am what I am: and His grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."

This is the order of transformation which expresses the mystery of divine grace:

By grace we were saved; by grace we were chosen; it is grace that grants us access to the living God; it is grace that makes us His servants; it is grace at work when His hand forms us and we are changed under discipline and care into His likeness.

2 Peter 3:18 -- But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever.

Edited by Albert Finch

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Amen! It's so wonderful, so simple, and yet so many reject it

Ephesians 2:5,6,10 -- "Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace we are saved;) And hath raise us together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. For we His workmanship, creaed in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God had before ordained that we should walk in them."

As a believer I shouldn't have to "try" faith. I exercise my rights as a member of the body of Christ.

He has raised me up with Jesus and seated me in heavenly places. He has given me His name. His blood. His authority. His power. His spirit.

These rights are blood bought. Jesus sufferd and died to give me the rights of our new covenant.

2 Corihthians 6:1,2 -- "We then, as workers together with Him, beseech you also that you receive not the grace of God in vain. Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.

Albert Finch

www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Romans 8:33 -- "Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies."

Mark 15:3 -- "And the chief priest accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing."

Why didn't Jesus defend Himself?

The reason: to remain under His Father's judgment and thus His protection.

When we refuse to defend ourselves we are hidden under the hand of God's grace and judgment. There is no safer place.

I contrast, those who defend themselves come under the jurisdiction of their accusers and their judgment, and thus they forfeit divine intervention.

The moment I justify and defend myself I yield to my accuser as judge. I forfeit my spiritual right of protection, for He (my accuser) rises above me in the realm of the spirit as I answer His criticism. His influence is elevated by my self-defense. By attempting to prove my innocence, I am at the mercy of my accuser.

1 Peter 2:23 -- "He (Jesus) did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly."

Albert Finch

www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Edited by Albert Finch

Ephesians 1:5,6 - Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

We were chosen in Christ long before the earth was made. A low opinion of ourselves or self-hatred is not from God, but from the enemy.

Prayer is not trying to get God to do something for us by making Him feel sorry for us. It is coming to Him knowing that we not only deserve what we ask because of the righteousness of Christ, but we also have a right to it because it is based on His word.

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need

Albert Finch

www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Psalm 23:4,5 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil: my cup runneth over.

Affirmation

Because God is with me, every adversity I face will unfold in victory as I maintain my faith in God! The battle I am in will soon become a meal to me, an experience that will nourish and build me up spiritually.

Albert Finch

www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Edited by Albert Finch

Romans 8:33 -- "Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies."

Mark 15:3 -- "And the chief priest accused Him of many things, but He answered nothing."

Why didn't Jesus defend Himself?

The reason: to remain under His Father's judgment and thus His protection.

When we refuse to defend ourselves we are hidden under the hand of God's grace and judgment. There is no safer place.

I contrast, those who defend themselves come under the jurisdiction of their accusers and their judgment, and thus they forfeit divine intervention.

The moment I justify and defend myself I yield to my accuser as judge. I forfeit my spiritual right of protection, for He (my accuser) rises above me in the realm of the spirit as I answer His criticism. His influence is elevated by my self-defense. By attempting to prove my innocence, I am at the mercy of my accuser.

1 Peter 2:23 -- "He (Jesus) did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly."

Albert Finch

www.thekeys2kingdom.com

Edited by Albert Finch

Ephesians 1:5,6 - Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

We were chosen in Christ long before the earth was made. A low opinion of yourself or self-hatred is not from God, but from the enemy.

Prayer is not trying to get God to do something for you by making Him feel sorry for you. It is coming to Him knowing that you not only deserve what you ask because of the righteousness of Christ, but you also have a right to it because it is based on His Word.

Hebrews 4:16 - Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

Albert Finch

www.thekeys2kingdom.com