• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/28/1985

Sarah, that is great advice. We are growing stronger in the Lord through our relationship, and we are insuring that we bless God within our relationship. My parents think he's great, and they have never liked anyone I have ever dated before. A close girlfriend of mine has said he's a good man. Another friend (male) told me he seems decent but that he has some issues I need to consider. He said to just take a step back and watch him but not break-up. I have never met any of his friends. I don't believe he has ever lied to me, but I did find out recently through things he has said that he does not always act according to his stated moral convictions. If the problems are truly in the past, then I definitely want to move forward with marrying him next year. If it is a reflection of a current and deeper problem, then it will surface, and I need to make sure that I am observing carefully rather than being caught up with all the good things about the relationship. We're both moving forward but a little bit slower, and he's being pouty. It's only been a day, so I will allow some amount of self-pitying, but if it continues, then I know there is something wrong.

I want him because I know what a rare find a man who actually wants to be what God intended a husband to be is, but I also know now I need to be careful.

Yeah, you sound like you are thinking objectively and maturely and are guarding your heart- Good for You! Just continue to place your concerns before the Lord, if your fiance is not right for your and you are entrusting things to the Lord he will surely let you know!

Cheers Sis,

Sarah

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  63
  • Content Per Day:  0.01