• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

:emot-hug: No weapon formed against you shall prosper... (Is. 54:17)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

:emot-hug: :emot-hug: :emot-hug::):39: <----- me tonight

I have so many things going through my mind right now and none of them are good. Self-hatred about many things. I'm trying my best to focus on God but it's not so easy at the moment.

I'm seriously struggling. seriously. :emot-fail: :emot-fail: :emot-fail: :emot-fail:

Embracing the pain sometimes is better than trying to run from it. Sometimes the struggle against whatever has got us down is the very thing that keeps us down.

If you are feeling down or frustrated or feeling self hatred over things you have done, stop each time a thought runs through your head and just say...

SO?

So what if I did this, or I feel this, so what?

My mother told me to ask myself that when people would insult me. They'd say "you're ugly" *(inside)* So what if I am ugly?

Once we ask ourselves that, it's like popping a balloon because all the power behind the argument is gone.

Then, once the power is gone, I can ask myself if what I am feeling is true.

(ie, am i really ugly). If it is, what does that mean (ie, I'm not pretty, big deal)

Or if it is false

(ie, I'm not ugly) and what that might mean (ie, they're liars)

Just because your subconscious, satan or something else in your life rather than another person is bringing these issues to you does not mean you can't use the same tactic.

See, if Satan is bringing past sins to you, so what? Yeah, you did that. But it's under the blood now, God wont see it anymore, so what if satan does?

if he's bringing personal weaknesses to light, so what? Yeah, I have a temper, but God will change that over time, I have his promise, so what does it matter if I am reminded periodically that I am still a sinner in need of a saviour.

Then, pray that God will give you the wisdom to evaluate what you see in yourself in HIS eyes rather than yours. A good study of the crucifixion (or the passion) will explain exactly how far HE went for you. You can't be a waste, you were chosen by God and called.

YET, nothing in you warranted that calling, which also means that nothing in you made it a hard choice for Him. He loved you in spite of whatever you may have been and now you are HIS and you are loved more than you can ever comprehend.

So what if you have things you don't like?

Just a thought.

I hope it helps. Love yas and I am praying.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::):39: <----- me tonight

I have so many things going through my mind right now and none of them are good. Self-hatred about many things. I'm trying my best to focus on God but it's not so easy at the moment.

I'm seriously struggling. seriously. :emot-fail::emot-fail::emot-fail::emot-fail:

Embracing the pain sometimes is better than trying to run from it. Sometimes the struggle against whatever has got us down is the very thing that keeps us down.

If you are feeling down or frustrated or feeling self hatred over things you have done, stop each time a thought runs through your head and just say...

SO?

So what if I did this, or I feel this, so what?

My mother told me to ask myself that when people would insult me. They'd say "you're ugly" *(inside)* So what if I am ugly?

Once we ask ourselves that, it's like popping a balloon because all the power behind the argument is gone.

Then, once the power is gone, I can ask myself if what I am feeling is true.

(ie, am i really ugly). If it is, what does that mean (ie, I'm not pretty, big deal)

Or if it is false

(ie, I'm not ugly) and what that might mean (ie, they're liars)

Just because your subconscious, satan or something else in your life rather than another person is bringing these issues to you does not mean you can't use the same tactic.

See, if Satan is bringing past sins to you, so what? Yeah, you did that. But it's under the blood now, God wont see it anymore, so what if satan does?

if he's bringing personal weaknesses to light, so what? Yeah, I have a temper, but God will change that over time, I have his promise, so what does it matter if I am reminded periodically that I am still a sinner in need of a saviour.

Then, pray that God will give you the wisdom to evaluate what you see in yourself in HIS eyes rather than yours. A good study of the crucifixion (or the passion) will explain exactly how far HE went for you. You can't be a waste, you were chosen by God and called.

YET, nothing in you warranted that calling, which also means that nothing in you made it a hard choice for Him. He loved you in spite of whatever you may have been and now you are HIS and you are loved more than you can ever comprehend.

So what if you have things you don't like?

Just a thought.

I hope it helps. Love yas and I am praying.

Great advice, LadyRaven; We all tend to 'beat ourselves up' over things in the past. I hope Angelique takes your words to heart and realizes that only God's opinion of us counts in the end. Rebuking satan by making him irrelevant is a great way to break his grip once and for all. Thanks for posting this. :)

Guest ~zoe-girl~

I completley relate to how you must be feeling, been down this road a many of times~

Lean on God for He loves you ever so much and wants you to have peace and JOY in your life~

Lean on us here at WB and we can pray for you and with you~

ZOE