~~ angelique ~~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

The passage on the blasphemy of the Spirit is Mt. 12:31-32, Mark 3:28-29 and Luke 12:10. I have always thought that this meant when an evil sources does something and one claims the Holy Spirit actually does it, to call good evil. Just as the pharisees did when they said Christ cast out devils through beelzebub. In Luke it seems he does link it up with anyone the denies Christ. Thats my take on it anway..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Thanks. Doesn't help my grief over the situation with my friend though. :emot-highfive: I grieved most of the night last night. Cause in any case, it's not good. And the pastor helping me get free from Wicca, I called him, I can't talk to this friend anymore.

Please pray for my nameless friend that God would grant her repentance, if possible.

:emot-heartbeat::(:laugh::(:rolleyes:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

If a person dies rejecting the offer of forgiveness through Christ, that would be the unforgiveable sin. Thats is because the person has rejected God's remedy for forgiveness

Guest shiloh357

When dealing with the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, the thing to keep in mind is the context in which it occurs. When we examine this occurrence we find the following:

1. The ONLY people recorded in the NT who committed this sin were nonChristians

2. They were committing "blasphemy" which is an act of open defiance, meaning that they knew the truth, knew that Jesus was operating in the power of the Holy Spirit, but they hated Him so much that they were willing defame the Holy Spirit and publically injure His reputation in a desperate attempt to discredit Jesus.

For that reason, I believe there is evidence that some of the rejection of Jesus by His enemies was not because they didn't think He was the Messiah. Their rejection of Him was all the more reprehensible because they KNEW He was the Messiah and they didn't want a Messiah to spoil their posh, comfortable relationship with Rome. Many Jewish leaders were Roman puppets and their job was to keep Rome happy and they enjoyed a very nice lifestyle in exchange for that. Jesus the Messiah was, in their eyes, a poison pill that would wreck everything.

3. This act of blasphemy ONLY occurred in the context of the casting out of demons. People often use the "blasphemy of the Holy Spirit" to intimidate other Christians from question certain spiritual manifestations. It is used to keep people silent in the face of false teachings and possible lying signs and wonders.

4. It only occurs in the earthly ministry of Jesus and never occurs anywhere during the ministry of the apostles.

5. There are NO warnings in the NT to Christians about the possibility that they might commit this sin. By virtue of the fact that it is an open and deliberate act of defiance in the face of truth AND because it is meant to slander God's character and operations, there is no way a sincre follower of Christ could or would commit this sin. It cannot committed by accident.

.... There are NO warnings in the NT to Christians about the possibility that they might commit this sin. By virtue of the fact that it is an open and deliberate act of defiance in the face of truth AND because it is meant to slander God's character and operations, there is no way a sincere follower of Christ could or would commit this sin. It cannot committed by accident.

:emot-hug:

God Is Good

Amen! Amen! Amen!

:th_praying:

Child's Walk

The Child Of God

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6

Will Know God's Song

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

Toddling

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Romans 1:17

And Walking

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:24

And Running In The Foot Steps

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10

Of The LORD Our God

For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

Romans 5:17

Praise His Holy Name

Forever And Ever

Hallelujah

Amen

:P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

5. There are NO warnings in the NT to Christians about the possibility that they might commit this sin. By virtue of the fact that it is an open and deliberate act of defiance in the face of truth AND because it is meant to slander God's character and operations, there is no way a sincre follower of Christ could or would commit this sin. It cannot committed by accident.

Then how do you explain Hebrews 6:4-6?

Guest shiloh357

It has nothing to do with the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. That passage pertains to apostacy which is a different issue, altogether.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/13/1987

Thankyou for asking this question, I myself have always wondered this, ~Ta-da

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  05/27/1981

It has nothing to do with the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. That passage pertains to apostacy which is a different issue, altogether.

Ok, thanks...I have something new to study :thumbsup: