• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

If, if, if. It will be very hard to counterfeit the ID. The system will be so redundant that life will not cease if one part crashes. We need to do something about illegal immigration, about false SS#, about employers being able to say that they thought the documents were real. Illegals getting drivers licenses, sanctuary cities/states giving welfare, education and health care to people who are illegally here. The best way to do that is through the secure ID process.

I don't see it like you do. And I have never advocated RealID nor would I impose it upon anyone.

Do you mean that you don't see the dangers, like I do? Or you have more trust in proposed systems to fight terrorism and illegal immigration?

From my point of view no system of id will deter illegal immigrants from faking things and applying for jobs. I don't like the principle that a lot of people seem to be embracing that says "to make things harder for 'illegals' we must all undergo rigorous checking, producing documents by the "ton", and totally give up all privacy, because we can't discriminate against one particular group.

What is wrong with having a system whereby the only document that is required by an employer gets a note from the immigration department that says that the person either has immigration status and a work permit or they do not, even for American citizens it could be up to the Immigration department to either confirm or deny their status as US citizens?

If you were born in the US or immigrated there legally you have to prove that to the INS (and a driving licence doesn't do that, or fingerprints, or other intrusive biometric information) and once it is done, it is done for life because your citizenship/immigration status is not likely to change.

And as for not advocating real id, sorry Branpop, I took your first comment to mean that you were for the system.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

What I advocate, in regard to immigrants, is enforcement of the laws already on the books. I am for heavy fines and jail time for businesses that hire illegal aliens. I am for security at our borders, every mile of it. I'm for the deportation those who cannot prove that they have been here 24/7/365 for at least 8 years. If they went home even once for any reason deport them. I am for withholding aid from countries who encourage their citizens to sneak into America and send back dollars instead of fixing their own economies and corrupt governments. I am for withholding federal funds from sanctuary cities.

In regard to legal entry to America, I am for any means necessary to be applied to non-citizens to know who they are, why they are here, and whether they leave when they are supposed to leave. I am for a secure, tamper proof, not easily counterfeited means to identify those who enter, work and exit our country who are not citizens.

I do not advocate the loss of any constitutional rights as they are given in the Constitution, Bill of Rights and it's Amendments. Not those interpreted by the courts. Not the interpretations of individuals. Only those that are as intended by the founding fathers and subsequent intentions of the authors of the amendments. I pray that clears up any questions you have in regards to my position on RealID. :blink::ph34r: