IGNORED

Wars and rumors of wars..........DECLINING?!

seekeratthesea

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

This from your post is wisdom that everyone is "qualified" for, but that most just don't understand,

it's ok not to know everything

That was a big deal for me, as I used to pride myself (yeah, I said pride) on being intellectual, and I also felt that as such, it was my christian duty to know everything (only a slight exaggeration).

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

This from your post is wisdom that everyone is "qualified" for, but that most just don't understand,

it's ok not to know everything

I started getting that way before getting transferred away from the "end times" crowd......mostly from envy of the way they could attach daily newspaper headlines/current events to scripture, always "proving"

That was a big deal for me, as I used to pride myself (yeah, I said pride) on being intellectual, and I also felt that as such, it was my christian duty to know everything (only a slight exaggeration).

I started getting that way before getting transferred away from the "end times" crowd......mostly from envy of the way they could attach daily newspaper headlines/current events to scripture, always "proving" how brilliant they were. I ended up reading the Bible by myself before I got too pulled into that world, which thereafter left me skeptical enough of the whole notion of "expertise" especially when they apply it to themselves

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

What was said was:

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. (Matt 24:6, also Mark 13:7)

I didn't see that Jesus said that there will be an increase in the number of wars. Where did this idea originate from?

Secondly, "when these things happen, the end is still to come," it tells me that there is some time left, though Jesus didn't say how far off.

In fact, when it is quiet, then all bets are off!

Edited by yaqub

What year did you join? You must have been on Pendleton........and spent some time in San Clemente.....

I joined in June of 1988. The only west coast station I have been at is Yuma Az. Other than that I have been stationed at Okinawa, MCAS Beaufort, Okinawa, MCAS Yuma, St Louis for recruiting duty and now MCAS New River

Twenty years in the Marine Corps and NEVER on Camp Pendleton?

What was said was:

You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. (Matt 24:6, also Mark 13:7)

I didn't see that Jesus said that there will be an increase in the number of wars. Where did this idea originate from?

Secondly, "when these things happen, the end is still to come," it tells me that there is some time left, though Jesus didn't say how far off.

In fact, when it is quiet, then all bets are off!

No........but I hear it all the time that when end of the worlders want to "prove" that we're in the end times, they use that verse AND THEN tell me that we've got more wars going on then any other time in history.

And if it's simply "wars and rumors of wars" constitute all of history. Wars and rumors of wars includes the same time frame in which Christ spoke the words, it includes time frame BEFORE He came to earth too. Wars and rumors of wars is part of all history.

And it's not quiet in todays era either, it's just less noisy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  10

The only west coast station I have been at is Yuma Az.
Sorry to interupt and this is wayyy off topic but I wonder if you knew my mother in law, she was a bartender somewhere on base until about 4 or 5 years ago. Sorry for the interuption.

And it's not quiet in todays era either, it's just less noisy.

So what's your point?

That that particular verse can't really be used to find end times scenarios, as people often seem intent on doing.

And in general, that the end or days may be "no where in sight" anyway.