IGNORED

Wars and rumors of wars..........DECLINING?!

seekeratthesea

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

There are definately more wars going on in the world, only the news stations don't talk about it as much since they are trying to paint the world leaders in a positive light. (Most of the medias funding is from the Bush administration after all)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

There are definately more wars going on in the world, only the news stations don't talk about it as much since they are trying to paint the world leaders in a positive light. (Most of the medias funding is from the Bush administration after all)

Check your history, it's less, and they are smaller in scale, with less casualties....the world is less violent, for now at least, but took a huge drip in 1945 at the end of WW II and it's been going slowly down since. And it has nothing to do with some conspiracy by the bushies to control hide truths or portray world leaders in positive light...having "bush on the brain" just blinds people to other things. And don't worry, nobody is going to give bush credit anyway....and you can still be mad at him while acknowledging the truth about the decline, one does not cancel out the other

Edited by seekeratthesea

uu

Edited by seekeratthesea

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

There are articles out there about the decline or war both in terms of the number of casualties AND the total number of wars being fought. Something that I've noticed, less frequent, and less body counts...not to trivialize what's currently going on but the numbers are just smaller.

So how does the decline of war/end times theology juxtapose against the "wars and rumors of war" which were actually more frequent in the past than now?

I have a feeling I'm putting my feet in the fire here because my experience with end times theologists is that they don't like to give up their notions of the end being just around the corner......

i cannot say whether wars & rumors of war are less frequent so i will have to acquiesce to your greater knowledge altho the granddaddy of all the rumors of war is certainly prevalent. read ezekiel 38 & 39 about the gog/magog war i.e. the russia/iran prophesies.

There are articles out there about the decline or war both in terms of the number of casualties AND the total number of wars being fought. Something that I've noticed, less frequent, and less body counts...not to trivialize what's currently going on but the numbers are just smaller.

So how does the decline of war/end times theology juxtapose against the "wars and rumors of war" which were actually more frequent in the past than now?

I have a feeling I'm putting my feet in the fire here because my experience with end times theologists is that they don't like to give up their notions of the end being just around the corner......

i cannot say whether wars & rumors of war are less frequent so i will have to acquiesce to your greater knowledge altho the granddaddy of all the rumors of war is certainly prevalent. read ezekiel 38 & 39 about the gog/magog war i.e. the russia/iran prophesies.

I have read it, many times. It was also prevalent 25 years ago, when USSR seemed more of a threat and Iran less. Headlines can always be connected to prophecy, the more you do it, the easier it gets. And the more you do it the greater the odds of eventually hitting it correctly but it's prophetic lottery. It will seem prevalent in another 25 years also. Be aware, it's very easy to get lost in this stuff, people end up getting personally invested in their scenarios and end up becoming cheerleaders for their own personal anti christs, doomsday scenarios, etc........it starts getting morbid very quickly

Seeker

http://seekeratthesea.blogspot.com/

Edited by seekeratthesea

Israel and the Palestinians.

Darfur

Somalia

Nigeria

Iraq

Afghanistan

Threats from Iran

Threats from Venezuela

Threats from N. Korea

Threats from China to Tibetan monks

Threats from Islam to the West

The persecutions and killings of believers in Indonesia and other Muslim States, and in China.

So how have war and rumors of war decreased exactly? :rolleyes:

Check your history......it's been declining since world war II......casualties and wars and the scale of the wars.....sorry

Just to add a few.

The cold war

The war on drugs

The war on terror

The war on just about anything you can name.

War isn't just bombs and guns, blood and guts. There are many aspects to it. There are intelligence wars, there are technological wars. So many things that go on behind the scenes. Not to mention those wars that we dont hear about, until they make movies about it...Rwanda.

Okay...........I guess we could start claiming price wars between corporations too....but at this point I think you've pretty much established the fact that you're in search of wars so that you can deny that things are getting better instead of worse and willing to tweak the meaning in order to meet your goal.

Wars, deaths, scales of war....I'm very sorry but it REALLY is down in an across the board, realistic kind of way, starting at the end of WW II. And sorry to add insult to injury but starvation and disease are down too.

Living a pie in the sky illusion is bad but to deny improvement is a means of maintaining a negative perspective when it's not needed, at least not to the degree when things really were getting worse. Refusing to acknowledge and APPRECIATE the improvement makes it more likely to slip back into the greater horrors of the past.

You may want to start asking yourself why this is unwelcome news to so many people. Isn't that kind of unreal pessimism and defeatism just what the enemy would want from us?

Darfur

Somalia

Nigeria

Iraq

Afghanistan

Threats from Iran

Threats from Venezuela

Threats from N. Korea

The persecutions and killings of believers in Indonesia and other Muslim States, and in China.

So how have war and rumors of war decreased exactly? :th_praying:

Check your history......it's been declining since world war II......casualties and wars and the scale of the wars.....sorry

Just to add a few.

The cold war

The war on drugs

The war on terror

War isn't just bombs and guns, blood and guts. There are many aspects to it. There are intelligence wars, there are technological wars. So many things that go on behind the scenes. Not to mention those wars that we dont hear about, until they make movies about it...Rwanda.

Okay...........I guess we could start claiming price wars between corporations too....but at this point I think you've pretty much established the fact that you're in search of wars so that you can deny that things are getting better instead of worse and willing to tweak the meaning in order to meet your goal.

Wars, deaths, scales of war....I'm very sorry but it REALLY is down in an across the board, realistic kind of way, starting at the end of WW II. And sorry to add insult to injury but starvation and disease are down too.

Living a pie in the sky illusion is bad but to deny improvement is a means of maintaining a negative perspective when it's not needed, at least not to the degree when things really were getting worse. Refusing to acknowledge and APPRECIATE the improvement makes it more likely to slip back into the greater horrors of the past.

You may want to start asking yourself why this is unwelcome news to so many people. Isn't that kind of unreal pessimism and defeatism just what the enemy would want from us?

You may want to go to an inner city, and tell me if war has decreased. War is not on the decline...it our concept of war that is. Once again war has not slowed down. Its just not fought the same. And honestly there are many wars, that are not covered. Have you ever heard of the Crips vs Bloods. Real bad in the 90's. How about some of those Mob wars. War is not something that has to be officially declared by a government. Wars are fought daily...and price wars are not what I'm talkin about.

Honestly this world is not improving. Remember a deception of the antichrist will be "peace".

Please be real here.........you're trying too hard here.

Darfur

Somalia

Nigeria

Iraq

Afghanistan

Threats from Iran

Threats from Venezuela

Threats from N. Korea

So how have war and rumors of war decreased exactly? :th_praying:

Just to add a few.

The cold war

The war on drugs

The war on terror

You may want to go to an inner city, and tell me if war has decreased. War is not on the decline...it our concept of war that is. Once again war has not slowed down. Its just not fought the same. And honestly there are many wars, that are not covered. Have you ever heard of the Crips vs Bloods. Real bad in the 90's. How about some of those Mob wars. War is not something that has to be officially declared by a government. Wars are fought daily...and price wars are not what I'm talkin about.

Honestly this world is not improving. Remember a deception of the antichrist will be "peace".

I played online chess with a guy from Australia once..........chess is loosely based on old time battle and it was American against Australian so I guess you could add that to your list as WW III..........

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

It all depends on how you measure things The statement was wars and rumour of wars

It all depends on how you measure things The statement was wars and rumour of wars

How about objectively....less deaths from military battles, less battles, less wars.

A LOT of people find it hard to believe at first but at least they're open to the idea and GLAD when objective analysis bears out the truth.

How about measuring it without a pre existing desire to find MORE wars just so people can then be right about about being near to the end times?

Edited by seekeratthesea