IGNORED

ANWR drilling will save us 3 CENTS per Gallon, by 2027

The Lorax

Guest LadyC

heiress, if i'm not mistaken, the sudden and instant decrease in gas prices was nationwide. whether it was 30 cents nationwide or not is beyond me, i can only vouch the three states i've travelled to in the last several weeks. my own (nevada), idaho, and california. i CAN tell you there was no tax decrease on the gas in my state. what would the odds have been, anyway, for the state to reduce taxes at the same time as bush encouraged anwr drilling?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

as for government agencies, they're often no better than the media. the CDC and even the WHO have produced propoganda many times, and still do. again, i'm referring to things such as sunscreen, secondhand smoke, and other things.

This is because of things like bribes from lobbyists. But when we're talking about energy, the lobby for oil has MUCH MORE power and influence than the lobby for clean energy. That's why I trust the EIA on this one.

things that if you dig farther into their site than what they make easily accessible, you'll find that the reports most often read and quoted are full of skewed, very skewed statistics. you'd think those are non-political agencies. but everybody has an agenda. with the media, yes, it's ratings. with everyone else, it's money, votes, endorsements, something. we are much like sheep being led to the slaughter when we start putting more faith into any "source" other than God (and i'm meaning the bible, the leading of the Holy Spirit, prayer, the whole nine yards.)

what i do know, and i think you're probably intelligent and intellectually honest enough to admit, is that you and i (or anyone else) could produce link after link after link to back our own personal viewpoint of any given subject. and really, what is the point of that? nothing. it's simply a form of entertainment to bicker back and forth, using whatever source (expert or otherwise) we want, knowing full well that since WE Are not the experts, we really only know what we want to believe.

:emot-heartbeat:

I agree with everything you say here. However, at some point you've got to trust someone for information. I trust the EIA more than anyone else when it comes to energy. Just my opinion.

There is no way to tell the future of oil prices because there are so many variables. These guesstimates are based on current scenarios which will not remain current.

But one thing is for sure...if we produce our own oil we won't be as dependant on foreign sources. ANWR is just one place that could be opened up to resolve that situation...but we need more refineries also.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

heiress, if i'm not mistaken, the sudden and instant decrease in gas prices was nationwide. whether it was 30 cents nationwide or not is beyond me, i can only vouch the three states i've travelled to in the last several weeks. my own (nevada), idaho, and california. i CAN tell you there was no tax decrease on the gas in my state. what would the odds have been, anyway, for the state to reduce taxes at the same time as bush encouraged anwr drilling?

Have yet to see a substantial (as in more than a cent or two) drop up in my neck of the woods, and that's well within the normal fluctuations anyway.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

It amuses me that you put more faith in your own wild speculations than in actual information from professionals in government. It explains a lot.

It amuses me to NO END to see Lorax praising the "professionals in government."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Have yet to see a substantial (as in more than a cent or two) drop up in my neck of the woods, and that's well within the normal fluctuations anyway.

Gas here is holding. It goes up and down within 3-4 cents every few days, but the average this week is the same as it was last week locally.

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

It amuses me that you put more faith in your own wild speculations than in actual information from professionals in government. It explains a lot.

It amuses me to NO END to see Lorax praising the "professionals in government."

I'm not talking about politicians. I'm talking about scientists and engineers.

I guess I meant "work for government." Not really "in government."

:blink:

:wub:

:th_praying:

For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me. But thou hast saved us from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated us.

In God we boast all the day long, and praise thy name for ever. Selah.

Psalms 44:6-8

:th_praying:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  03/28/1985

what i do know, and i think you're probably intelligent and intellectually honest enough to admit, is that you and i (or anyone else) could produce link after link after link to back our own personal viewpoint of any given subject. and really, what is the point of that? nothing. it's simply a form of entertainment to bicker back and forth, using whatever source (expert or otherwise) we want, knowing full well that since WE Are not the experts, we really only know what we want to believe.

So...news media is biased and worthless to you, and research based and peer reviewed data reports aren't worth reading because they may support a viewpoint that could be other than your own??? Will anything suffice??? I was just offering an unbiased source for finding more information, if you can't listen to reason, there is no point in continuing this loop of controversy. It will never end and is a waste of our God given time, because people don't look to real data, and if they do they choose not to trust in its reliability.

You know...it is okay to have faith in unbiased and reliable science...thinking is a gift that God has given mankind as well..."transformation by the renewing of the mind".

Guest LadyC

i never said any of it was worthless. but since i don't think you're intentionally twisting my words, but that you simply haven't grasped what i AM saying, i'll try to clarify for you. take everything you hear and read with a generous portion of salt, and dig deep, far deeper than what is widely reported. because if you don't, you'll fall victim to somebody's propaganda.