IGNORED

God's grace

Guest compasskid

Guest compasskid

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it is the gift of God...

Ephesians 2:8

Wow! Only God could have inspired the writer of this verse... I hope that we come to a full understanding of these few words. And this can only be done by God's Spirit.

For by grace you have been saved...

The church and christians throw this word around... Grace... They say that we are saved by God's grace. They say it is only by the grace of God that we can get into heaven. We sin so much all our lives, we sin so much till we go to the grave... So obviously only by God's grace can we be accepted into heaven. THIS IS NOT WHAT THE GRACE OF GOD IS! The Father molds us and transforms us through Christ Jesus. The Father sends His Holy Spirit through Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit renews us through Christ Jesus. These are examples of God's grace. This is God's grace. This is what saves us... His grace!

So when we read... "you are not under law, but under grace", what does that mean? Well, lets talk a little about a person under law. The person studies the law. He tries to live by the law. So what happens when temptation comes his/her way? They remember the law and try to perform it. But they fail often... Why? Because they still live in the flesh. Sin is still at work within them. Sin is still within the members of their bodies. Does this sound familiar? Who am I describing? If this reminds you of yourself then you are trying to live under law and not under grace. Now, lets talk a little about a person under grace. A person under grace does not rely on himself/herself as does the person under law. They rely on God. They rely on God's grace. They do not have to constantly study the law. Because by God's grace they been renewed to live by the law. Remember the examples of God's grace... The Father molds us and transforms us through Christ Jesus. The Father sends His Holy Spirit through Christ Jesus. The Holy Spirit renews us through Christ Jesus. Here are examples of God's grace. So it is by God's grace we are saved. It is by God's grace that sin no longer has us captive. It is by God's grace that sin no longer moves the members of our bodies. It is by God's grace that we have died to our flesh. It is by God's grace that we have become crucified in Christ Jesus. And it is by God's grace that we have raised with Christ Jesus.

For by grace you have been saved through faith...

If you do not have faith then you cannot be saved. If you do not have faith then you cannot receive God's grace. So have faith in God. Have faith in Christ Jesus. You know that God will work in you. So wait and have faith. If you do not believe that He will renew with His Holy Spirit through Jesus then how can he work? If you believe then you will have hope. And if you have hope then you will endure. And if you endure He will recognize it and pour His grace upon you. For by grace you have been saved through faith.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you, it is the gift of God...

So if His grace is a gift then we have no grounds for boasting. How can we brag about ourselves? Didn't we just receive a gift? Who is good? You? No. It is God that is good and it is Him by His grace that He is living in you. So how can you brag? You can't. Did you accomplish fulfilling the law on your own? No. You are fulfilling the law because you are not under the law but under grace. You are fulfilling the law because you have been crucified in Christ Jesus. You are dead to this world because of His grace. You are saved because through faith and patience you have received His gift of grace.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it is the gift of God...

Ephesians 2:8

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Compasskid,

You are impressing the heckies out of me!!! (can I say that?) What another wonderful subject and very concise and clear! I'm surprised that this thread did not get more attention because it certainly is a great topic. (maybe this topic is on another forum or something)

Thanks again and I'll be looking out for your threads.

Blessings,

bpc

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Wow!!! Boom!!! There it is.

The body needs this message now.

Great thread :laugh:

Guest compasskid

Thanks bros! The Lord has placed many things in my heart and mind and I delight in seeing that you love the Lord :il: Love you guys in Holy Love :laugh: