• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  174
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/08/1967

Over the past several weeks I've noticed a tendency for me to kind of spurn the things of God. No desire to pray, read scripture, fellowship, etc.

Then there are other times when I have a deep hunger for the things of God.

Anyone else going through what I am right now?

Sad too, because I play keyboard on the worship team at church, and right now I am just not in the mood to want to even go to church. :rolleyes: :music: :down:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

I am sooooooooo glad i'm not alone...this for me has been going on for weeks and today recently i have even found myself reading the Bible thinking....this just does not make sense...on passages i've known for years etc..i feel sometimes(and now is one)totally dispirited...but i dont want an apple pie pick me up(hope you understand that)...i feel i want to say to God...look whats going on...where is the Holy Spirit...i feel nothing...things along those lines..

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  862
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

No neither of you are alone at all. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows and never the twain shall meet. No even ground. I thought it was just my manic personality.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

I struggle with this same thing at times where I dont' want to pray or read the Bible - so I waste my time on television. I notice a pattern with me.....if I stop reading the Bible for 2 days or more, then I don't WANT to read it but the same thing works in reverse. If I read for about 3 or 4 days in a row (maybe even grudgingly) then I find that I WANT to read it and I truly enjoy it. It's a fight between our spirit and flesh - a tug or war.

So what I do is even if I don't feel reading, first I pray about it and I just tell Him the truth because He knows anyway - then I make myself read and after a couple of days, I'm fine. Then I only want to surround myself with Godly things and people.

I get scared because then this brings up a question of what is being lukewarm? Would that be considered lukewarm? Should I start another thread on this? I might.