WN: Iranian diplomat warns of harsh response to any strike - Ynet New

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.44
  • Content Count:  44,473
  • Content Per Day:  7.19
  • Days Won:  2

In what is believed to be the first interview granted by an Iranian official with an Israeli publication, the press attache for the Iranian Embassy in Damascus, Majid Bashtestani, warned Israel against striking his country's nuclear facilities.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/ynetnews-co...579478,00-html/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I guess that first strike then had better be pretty devastating!

When I was in 6th grade there was a Jr. High School bully who always bedeviled me on my way home from school (the grade school and Jr. High let out at the same time.....BIG MISTAKE!).

Finally one saturday that kid found me out around the neighborhood, and smarted off, saying my backside was going to grass, and he was now the lawn mower. I smarted off back, telling him I was going to punch him in nose, or the mouth or something. He then told me that if I tried anything, he would really give me a beating, and he walked over to a fence post and picked up a coiled bull whip, with which he proceeded to try to teach me a lesson in advance, striking me once soundly!

A garage was open nearby, and I ran there looking for an 'equalizer.' All I found was a broom! Well, I used the broom like a spear, launching it at this kid's head, as he menaced me with his whip, and he went sprawling. I ran up and got his bull whip, and as he got up, I gave him a dandy whack!

Thereafter I commenced chasing him down the street periodically expressing my less than entirely charitable inclinations with an ocassional whack from his own bull whip. His screeching and bally-hooing were such that heads peaked out of doors as we ran two or three blocks until he reached his own home and ran inside.

I kept his bull whip, and a scar on my belly, but I imagine he was a good deal less happy than I was.

Point being, my 'strike' was severe enough this bully never hassled me again. IF YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING, DO IT RIGHT!

Guest shiloh357

I think Israel is fully aware that any strike on Iran's nuclear facilities will have to be in concert with strikes on their radar, anti-aircraft batteries, air force runways, command and control communications, etc. Israel needs to render the Iranians deaf, dumb and blind and cause as much chaos on the ground as possible and this HAS to happen in the first strike. Israel will have to make an immediate reprisal from Iran next to impossible in order for this to be successful.

Israel will also have to maintain viligance as the reprisal might come from Syria and Hezbollah if Iran is too disabled to respond.

Israel can do it. They have been in conflicts with odds far worse than this, with inferior numbers and inferior weapons than their enemies.