IGNORED

I need help

Guest smalltownguy

Guest smalltownguy

I don't know how to start this but, a friend of mine suggested that I put a message on a christian board for help. I am a 46 year old male who is unemployed because I refused to lie cheat steal and treat people bad. Because of this I am only a little over a week from loosing it all. I need money and my friend suggested that I ask people for it after seeing people standing on the corner of the streets and begging for it. I am not a drug addict or drunk, I told him that people would not give to me, because they are involved in their own lifes. After a very real dream I decided to do this. I am not looking to get rich, but to keep living, until I can get a job or get unemployment going. I have 20 dollars to my name, and no place to go after a week. All that I am asking for is 5 to 10 dollars per person to help me out, I will repay after I get back on my feet. The best way that I know to get money to me is through paypal. My account is smalltown8706@hotmail.com. If you can help then thank you so very much. If you cannot, please keep me in your prayers. It seems to me that everyone who is bad or evil seems to make it quite well, I refuse to do that. God Bless all of you who read this.

Walter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Walter,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but we've had quite a few come on here begging for money and then they never post again. Anyone, Christian or not, tends to look with suspicion upon the person who comes in begging money without ever having made a post or made an attempt to get to know someone. I suppose we all get too many of those Nigerian e-mail scams!!! You say you can't find a job, but anything is better than nothing. Most of your fast food joints are always in need of someone. Just remember, if you're truly a child of the living God, He has promised to never leave us nor forsake us. Solomon said that he had never seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread-God will come through, but it probably won't be via means of us giving to your PayPal account.

Guest smalltownguy

Thank you so much for replying to my e-mail. I told my friends that people would not be willing to even give up a dime to help people in need, but he said that they would. I know that you do not know me at all, but isn't it funny that you would probably give your change to a bum on the street, so he could "eat" then help another christian. At least keep me in your prayers, it is getting closer to the time, and I will make a decision which way I will go then. God bless you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

you would probably give your change to a bum on the street, so he could "eat" then help another christian.

Nope. The bum on the street would be helped by my taking him to the diner to get something to eat or taken to the local Salvation Army for clothing. Jesus told us to be wise as serpents, but harmless as doves. Part of being wise as a serpent is not to give money to everyone who asks. Put your trust in God who is able to deliver you. If no one here is willing to give, that is simply showing you that this was not His chosen avenue to lead you through.

Guest smalltownguy

I understand your point, and wish nothing but the best for you. I am not a bum or looking to get "rich". All of my life I have done nothing but help people, from buying them holiday meals to just listening and helping them pay bills. I have never been in this postion and do not wish this on anyone. I am not a quiter, just looking for a little bit of what I have given in my life. I wish all good things for you and your family and do not want to argue about this. I made this decision to not be cruel to people or lie or cheat, no one else did this to me. It is just very hard to get things going. It sure is funny that as you get older no one wants to hire you, I guess that is a part of life. I am trying everything that I can. Do not feel that I am attacking you for not wanting to get involved. Anyone would be welcome in my home to share in what I have to give, and you and your family are welcome too. I am very proud of the way that I have led my life. May god bless you in everything that you do.

Walter

Guest LadyC

you say a friend suggested you post on a christian forum. smalltown, do you know Jesus?

i don't really understand why you are unemployed for having refused to lie cheat or steal. there are so many jobs available for which those qualities are sought out! perhaps you should mention your geographical location, your job skills, etc., or a link to your resume, and ask if anyone can help you find employment. it's a great way to network, and is far more dignified than begging strangers for money. dignity is something you need to hold on to during such a difficult time in your life!

also, with an idea of your geographical location, many might be willing to help do some research for you so that you might find local assistance with bills, food, medical needs, and housing.

your response to ronald seemed to indicate a chip on your shoulder. often times, people count on the generosity of christians but fail to keep in mind that God commands us to be good stewards with our money. part of that command includes using discernment so as not to fall victim to predators. and i'm not accusing you of being a predator by any means, but we have absolutely no way of knowing anything about you other than what you post.... and the internet is such an anonymous place that you could be anyone saying anything. add to that the fact that your email address is through hotmail, a well known millhouse for anonymous scam artists, and it should be easy to understand how cautious that would make people.

after all, if someone you'd never heard of sent you an email asking you to send cash to someone with a hotmail account, one that you have no way of tracing or verifying, and you were not in your present circumstances, would you blindly send money to this person? of course not, you'd hit the delete button as fast as you could reach your mouse.

i'll ask God to help you in your situation and to help you find employment, and that He will meet your needs in the interim.

Guest smalltownguy

Dear LadyC,

Thank you so much for your response. To answer your first question is yes, I do know Jesus and felt like he led me here in answer to my prayers. I am a very good christian and live my life that way. As far as my location, I am in the Austin, Texas area. I have applied to just about every place that I can think of, including fast food places. The problem that I am encountering is that the younger people are getting those jobs and the other ones. It surprised me that I lost my job with the TSA for being a good christian too. I was told that there were 5 people there that needed to go away. They were good people but did not fit into the click that the Austin airport has. I told them I would not make up lies about them and would not be cruel to them. I was a manager. I was told that I was not a team player and that trying to treat people fairly would not be tolerated unless that is what my bosses wanted. I told them that they would have to get rid of me then because I will not lie to hurt people or treat people rudley. So they did...kind of funny huh. I even had a talk with god that first night and said that I kind of had an idea how he must have felt. I know that this is how he wants me to act, and I will not change to make the "world" happy. I have even tried to sell items at a flea market, but no go. I am really wondering what god has planned, but I know that he has his hands in it. I have a few friends that have given what they can, but they are also hurting. Tomorrow I loose my car so it will make it harder to get a job.

Never thought that a hotmail account would make it hard to get back on my feet. That just happens to be where my e-mail account is. As far as what I do, I have been a manager for security, technical work and such. I have been a manager for 10 years now. I also do sales, car, and retal. I am still looking for a job and even trying to get the Navy which I was in for 8 years to make a wavier for me so I can go back in. I do not mind giving up my posessions, for they are just material things. It was very hard for me to ask people for money, that is just not me, but I am at my last ends. I have no where to go, and now without a car it just became harder. My rent and bills are due by the first and if I don't have the money then, I guess I will see where god is leading me then. Funny though, all my life I have been the person to give to people, weather I knew them or not, I just figured that is what god would do. I am not asking for one person to give me thousands, just a little from each person would do, if enough people came through. But I do know that some people just don't have anything to spare. As far as those go I just ask to keep me in their prayers. And I thank you so much for keeping me in yours. Anyone can ask me anything that they want, for I am an open book and not here to rip you off. May God bless you for not just reading my request and responding.

Walter

Guest LadyC

i have some friends and family in the austin area. there are lots of people here that are from texas, also. could you provide us with a makeshift resume? not necessarily the personal information such as address and phone number, but at least what kind of experience you've had, and what skills you posess, in a bulleted list for easy reading? maybe we could help get some job leads for you.

another thing... in case anyone from another region happens to know of any openings in a field that you might be qualified for... is relocation an option?

Edited by LadyC

Guest smalltownguy

Dear LadyC,

Thank you so much for your help. I will post my resume for all to see here. I don't care if you see my address or phone #. Like I said I have nothing to hide. Just remember that I no longer have a car, my phone will be disconnected on the 1st and my rent is due on the 1st which I do not have, so I will probably be kicked out shortly after that. Besides that, I have no reason to stay here, so if I could get to where a job is then I will go. God Bless you!

Walter L. Chittenden

10050 Great Hills Trail #710

Austin, Texas 78759

(512) 343-1971 H

OBJECTIVE

A self motivated professional with an above average performance record, looking for a management position. Expertise lies in management, scheduling and training, where my performance has always been in the top 1% of my field.

WORK EXPERIENCE

TSA 8-2002 to 5-2004

TSA screening manager at Austin Bergstrom International Airport. Duties consist of daily operations of checkpoints and making sure that SOP is being followed. Consulting with the Airlines to make sure that all AVO

Guest LadyC

great!

i hope this will generate some job leads for you, either where you are or elsewhere! my husband's in the trucking industry so i'm not sure how much help he could be, even if vegas was an attractive option :t2: i'll have him look at it though, ya never know!

but, i hope and pray someone here might have a few leads for you :t2: