• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Two years ago, I was in the Word daily. I was walking a very close walk with God, and I was understanding a deeper meaning of His scriptures and how we truly have died with Christ, not in cliche' phrases, but as it is truly applied. While this was going on, my husband's depravity sunk to new lows, and horrible things were done to me as a result of his reprobate mind. He tried to push me into a lifestyle and community that is an abomination, but I resisted, and he became angry and verbally abusive. About that time, an endocrine illness I have had since childhood exacerbated, and over the next several months, I lost 20 pounds, and I lost my sanity (that is not uncommon with some endocrine problems). Eventually, my husband left me alone with our two children at a time when I could barely function because of my illness. God saw me through all of that, and even though my doctor didn't want to put me on medication, he was finally convinced it was the best thing for me. In the past year, God has blessed my socks off in ways I could never imagine. I live in a much nicer house in a better neighborhood with better schools for my children, and I have better financial security than I did in the smaller house with the children's father. I have a job that allows me total freedom over my schedule so I can be home for my children. My health is better than it has ever been. I am engaged to a man with a deep devotion for God and me, and who also has a masters in divinity (that's icing on the cake for a woman who loves Bible study.)

This is the important thing to know in all of this: The Lord knew what was about to happen. He could have healed me to make it easier to deal with my children's father. He even could have revealed Himself to my then husband and convicted him mightily on his behavior. But the Lord, in His great wisdom opted not to do those things. Instead, He brought me closer to Him than I had ever been right before all those horrible things happened. He knew I would need the grace to survive the coming year. I don't know about you, but I see more love and more grace in knowing what He brought me through than any healing could have done. And I believe this is a stronger testimony that gives Him even greater glory.

I could care less about walking in victory. What matters to me is honoring God in everything I do. I'm not perfect- far from it, but I am so grateful I can rest in our Lord and that His grace is sufficient for me to live as He wills.

:24: praise God sister that He is just and merciful to carry you thru those difficult times! I'm not saying I don't believe God does use these situations to try our faith which worketh patience. But why stop there? Life and death are in the power of the tongue, start speaking healing and health into your life. Hold fast to your faith and watch God blow your mind even more than He already has, as He moves even more in your life.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,060
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1970

Time and again we see in the New Testament Jesus heal many and tell them their faith has made them whole. Yes God does work thru these circumstances for His ultimate glory, but Jesus healed all who came to Him.

Do you know the answer to the OP? Why doesn't He now?

I believe He does. The Bible tells us God is the same, yesterday,today, and forever. Like Jesus said many times in the NT, according to your faith be it unto you. BY your faith you are healed. So what's the problem today? More sin, more serious diseases, less true faith? I don't know. IMO it goes case by case. I have seen miraculous healings, instantly, others over a small period of time that blew doctors minds, some thru prayer and fasting, and others I'm still believing for.

I acknowledge that faith is an essential component of healing, but God may also chose to use faith in a negative circumstance to mature us rather than heal us. I would be careful of any argument which implies that a person not healed lacked the necessary faith.

God has given us His word and His Holy Spirit to mature us, A loving God wouldn't make anyone suffer to bring them to matureity.

Amen Truthbringer. I stand on the fact that I am a child of the Most High God. He wants me to have victory in ALL areas of my life. I represent Him, carry His name, if I walk in His victory it glorifies His name for all to see.

Amen, God has said that we are,

victorious, Overcomers, Always triumphant, More than conquerors, healed, prosperous, blessed, Anointed and Joint-hiers of all things with Jesus.

I have another question. Do either one of you believe God snatches away someone's healing if they have an ounce of doubt or if they wonder why there isn't an immediate physical manifestation to a healing they had supposedly received?

Hey Xan, No I don't. I believe the enemy can make us doubt the Promise of our loving God, "hey what makes you think your healed, don't you feel sick today- maybe it's the disease coming back...ect..." And like I posted before, I have seen instant healings and others that have taken time, and still others I'm believing for. I could go into testimonie after testimonie of healings in my life, my husbands, and my disabled children, but I don't type fast enough and it could take all day :emot-hug: but we must hold fast our faith in the promises of our God. It's all for His glory. Have a blessed day sister. :24:

I'm glad this is your answer. :wacko: I know some people hold to what I had asked, which is a horrible thing to attribute to God.

Two years ago, I was in the Word daily. I was walking a very close walk with God, and I was understanding a deeper meaning of His scriptures and how we truly have died with Christ, not in cliche' phrases, but as it is truly applied. While this was going on, my husband's depravity sunk to new lows, and horrible things were done to me as a result of his reprobate mind. He tried to push me into a lifestyle and community that is an abomination, but I resisted, and he became angry and verbally abusive. About that time, an endocrine illness I have had since childhood exacerbated, and over the next several months, I lost 20 pounds, and I lost my sanity (that is not uncommon with some endocrine problems). Eventually, my husband left me alone with our two children at a time when I could barely function because of my illness. God saw me through all of that, and even though my doctor didn't want to put me on medication, he was finally convinced it was the best thing for me. In the past year, God has blessed my socks off in ways I could never imagine. I live in a much nicer house in a better neighborhood with better schools for my children, and I have better financial security than I did in the smaller house with the children's father. I have a job that allows me total freedom over my schedule so I can be home for my children. My health is better than it has ever been. I am engaged to a man with a deep devotion for God and me, and who also has a masters in divinity (that's icing on the cake for a woman who loves Bible study.)

This is the important thing to know in all of this: The Lord knew what was about to happen. He could have healed me to make it easier to deal with my children's father. He even could have revealed Himself to my then husband and convicted him mightily on his behavior. But the Lord, in His great wisdom opted not to do those things. Instead, He brought me closer to Him than I had ever been right before all those horrible things happened. He knew I would need the grace to survive the coming year. I don't know about you, but I see more love and more grace in knowing what He brought me through than any healing could have done. And I believe this is a stronger testimony that gives Him even greater glory.

I could care less about walking in victory. What matters to me is honoring God in everything I do. I'm not perfect- far from it, but I am so grateful I can rest in our Lord and that His grace is sufficient for me to live as He wills.

:24: praise God sister that He is just and merciful to carry you thru those difficult times! I'm not saying I don't believe God does use these situations to try our faith which worketh patience. But why stop there? Life and death are in the power of the tongue, start speaking healing and health into your life. Hold fast to your faith and watch God blow your mind even more than He already has, as He moves even more in your life.

Health cannot be spoken into anyone's life except by God. All the wonderful blessings I have had are a result of His will and my obedience to His direction. There is a wonderful Hebrew word that applies here, "deyanu". It means, "It would have been enough". During Passover, this word is used during part of the seder to show gratitude to His faithfulness to an undeserving people (not bashing Jews because all of us are undeserving). With each thing that the Lord did, the response is "deyanu". For example: "If the Lord had delivered us out of Egypt, but did not part the Red Sea, deyanu." It keeps going through that step by step through all the Lord had done. For me, I can say, "If the Lord had given me grace to live through my circumstance but did not deliver me from a husband of reprobate character, deyanu. If the Lord had delivered me from a husband of reprobate character but did not supply a better house, deyanu. If the Lord had supplied a better house but did not supply a treatment for my illness, deyanu. (That's a hard one to say.) If the Lord had supplied treatment for my illness but did not supply a better job, deyanu. If the Lord had supplied a better job but did not bring me to a man of Godly character, deyanu." It does not matter to me if I ever get healed. God is sufficient. Deyanu.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

It has to do with the will of God and bringing glory to Him and His purposes being fulfilled. Beyond that, I don't think there is a good answer.

So are you saying,when people dont get healed, It is the will of God, and God is fulfiling His purpose.

It has to do with the will of God and bringing glory to Him and His purposes being fulfilled. Beyond that, I don't think there is a good answer.

So are you saying,when people dont get healed, It is the will of God, and God is fulfiling His purpose.

God works in many ways that are mysterious to us. Have you read my testimony in this thread? Have you read Joni Erickson Tada's testimony? Have you read about Paul's affliction? For some, they have not received healing because they have not asked. For others, God has His reasons.

[1] God has already healed us, Isaiah 53: 4--5. Matthew 8: 1--17. 1 Peter 2: 24. Notice. Isaiah had a vision or revelation of Jesus being whipped for us,before Jesus died, And said, "By His stripes we are healed".

Peter after the death and whippings of Jesus, Said,

"BY WHOSE STRIPES WE WERE HEALED" Past tense, The price has been paid. IF WE WERE, THEN WE ARE.

[2] You honour God by walking in victory.

Romans 8: 37. 1 Corinthians 15: 57. 2 Corinthians 2: 14. 1 John 2: 14.1 John 5: 4--5.

God works in many ways that are mysterious to us. Have you read my testimony in this thread? Have you read Joni Erickson Tada's testimony? Have you read about Paul's affliction? For some, they have not received healing because they have not asked. For others, God has His reasons.

God's ways aren't mysterious to us, He has shown us us His will in His word.

I dont go by anybodies testimony, I Go by what the word of God says, God's word is Truth, our experiences are facts.

Facts is, [information used as evidence] your body might be telling you that you are sick, That is fact, The evidence is informing you that you are sick.

Truth is God's word, John 17: 17. That is a higher law then facts.

It might be a fact that someones body is sick, But the truth of God's word is, You were healed. 1 Peter 2: 24.

Paul is human like us, Paul said, We are more than conquerors. Rom 8: 37, Victorious 1 Cor 15:57. triumphant. 2 Cor 2: 14.

Yet somehow he didn't get the victory emediatley 2 Cor 12: 8. although he did eventualy.

According to the original Greek text, when Jesus said to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you".

He said, "My power will accomplish what you have requested".

Grace isn't just unmerited favour, The full meaning is, "God's willingness to show Himself strong on our behalf".

If you are sick, God is willing to show Himself as the healer, If you have a need, God is willing to show Himself as the one who will meet your needs.

But we have to believe and receive.

There are reasons why God doesn't heal, But it is never, never God who doesn't heal.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

"There are reasons why God doesn't heal, But it is never, never God who doesn't heal. "

This statement contradicts itself.

If God doesn't heal then God doesn't heal.

Time and again we see in the New Testament Jesus heal many and tell them their faith has made them whole. Yes God does work thru these circumstances for His ultimate glory, but Jesus healed all who came to Him.

Do you know the answer to the OP? Why doesn't He now?

JESUS healed to prove who HE was to people who saw HIM in the flesh to glorify HIS FATHER. The holy spirit draws and saves people now, the miracles are not needed to glorify GOD in the same way. In other countries where Christianity is new, the miracles are much more prevalent

When you are surrendered to GOD's will, then you understand that there is ministry in illness. Plus the church has strayed so far from the truth that GOD, in all holiness and with clear conscience, can not grant the prayers of the righteous because they are not very righteous.

If you surrender to God's will, that means you surrender to His word, "His word is His will".

And if you know the word, you,ll know God doesn't want anyone sick. So how can you understand there is a ministry in illness. If your ill, Get healed and give glory to God. NOW THAT IS A MINISTRY.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

"...God doesn't want anyone sick"

How do you explain the following verses, then:

"And as He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind? Jesus answered, Neither has this man sinned nor his parents, but he was born so, that the works of God might be manifested in him. " (John 9:1-3)

If God doesn't want anyone sick then why was the man born blind? Obviously God wanted him to be born so.