• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

God does allow babies to be born with ills because we live on a cursed world. When Adam fell the world became cursed, so we are born a cursed people into a cursed world, but Jesus came and broke that curse, restoring us back into fellowship with our Father and ALL He has promised us. We accept Christ we accept His promises into our lives. I don't have to settle for the curses of this world. There are over ten thousand promises in the Word that I can claim as mine as a co-inheriter with Christ. Healing is one of them. How is God's children walking around with sickness and lack lifting up His name? We are to rule and reign as kings and priest. Jesus said that the kingdom of God is with in us, that means we have Royal dominion with in us. We are to be the head and not the tail. If I am not living in the promises that God has promised me, I am not living in royal dominion and I am not the head.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people do you suppose are still walking around because they were healed from diseases they did not know they had?

Just because we don't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

God does allow babies to be born with ills because we live on a cursed world. When Adam fell the world became cursed, so we are born a cursed people into a cursed world, but Jesus came and broke that curse, restoring us back into fellowship with our Father and ALL He has promised us. We accept Christ we accept His promises into our lives. I don't have to settle for the curses of this world. There are over ten thousand promises in the Word that I can claim as mine as a co-inheriter with Christ. Healing is one of them. How is God's children walking around with sickness and lack lifting up His name? We are to rule and reign as kings and priest. Jesus said that the kingdom of God is with in us, that means we have Royal dominion with in us. We are to be the head and not the tail. If I am not living in the promises that God has promised me, I am not living in royal dominion and I am not the head.

Hmmmm......I thought only Christ was the head of the Body.

I'm sure your not purposly misinterpreting what I meant. Christ is the head of the church.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

Of course everything can be used for His glory. If someone triumphants thru a battle it's for His glory. If someone recieves their miraculous healing it's for His glory. But I refuse to believe, that my awesome, loving, Daddy, who would have still died on the cross just for me, if I was the only one who needed salvation, would be the same God that would say "Hey she needs to learn a little lesson, sock her with some horrible disease." Absolutely not. Let's remember the scripture Matt.7:11 "If you being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask Him." And yes I know all about where Paul said he rejoices in his infirminies, for where I am weak then He becomes strong.(For give Me if I misquoted). But God didn't sock him with those weaknesses, satan throws things at us to take our eyes off God and wallow in self pity, but Paul was teaching us to stand in our faith in these trials. So enough blabbing, point is satan controls this world, and God allows him certain authority, satan puts these illnesses on people, God is merciful and Just to heal all who fight thru that battle and believe in Him for their healing. By HIs stripes we were healed.

Absolutely right

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  171
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/13/1949

Time and again we see in the New Testament Jesus heal many and tell them their faith has made them whole. Yes God does work thru these circumstances for His ultimate glory, but Jesus healed all who came to Him.

Do you know the answer to the OP? Why doesn't He now?

I believe He does. The Bible tells us God is the same, yesterday,today, and forever. Like Jesus said many times in the NT, according to your faith be it unto you. BY your faith you are healed. So what's the problem today? More sin, more serious diseases, less true faith? I don't know. IMO it goes case by case. I have seen miraculous healings, instantly, others over a small period of time that blew doctors minds, some thru prayer and fasting, and others I'm still believing for.

I acknowledge that faith is an essential component of healing, but God may also chose to use faith in a negative circumstance to mature us rather than heal us. I would be careful of any argument which implies that a person not healed lacked the necessary faith.

God has given us His word and His Holy Spirit to mature us, A loving God wouldn't make anyone suffer to bring them to matureity.

Amen Truthbringer. I stand on the fact that I am a child of the Most High God. He wants me to have victory in ALL areas of my life. I represent Him, carry His name, if I walk in His victory it glorifies His name for all to see.

Amen, God has said that we are,

victorious, Overcomers, Always triumphant, More than conquerors, healed, prosperous, blessed, Anointed and Joint-hiers of all things with Jesus.

I have another question. Do either one of you believe God snatches away someone's healing if they have an ounce of doubt or if they wonder why there isn't an immediate physical manifestation to a healing they had supposedly received?

God never takes away healing, people can lose it, Healing is a provision and is always available, Because some people dont receive immedietly they think they wern't healed.

I'm sure your not purposly misinterpreting what I meant. Christ is the head of the church.

I'm not purposefully misinterpreting, I just don't know what you mean by "We are to be the head not the tail."

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

This is the important thing to know in all of this: The Lord knew what was about to happen. He could have healed me to make it easier to deal with my children's father. He even could have revealed Himself to my then husband and convicted him mightily on his behavior. But the Lord, in His great wisdom opted not to do those things. Instead, He brought me closer to Him than I had ever been right before all those horrible things happened. He knew I would need the grace to survive the coming year. I don't know about you, but I see more love and more grace in knowing what He brought me through than any healing could have done. And I believe this is a stronger testimony that gives Him even greater glory.

Amen! All things for the glory of God! With my own illness I have always felt that God allowed it all to happen knowing full well the way I was going I would never listen to His calling to me. Do I think God caused my illness?, honestly there are times I do but in all reality He just used the illness to teach me that I needed Him in my life. I also have never asked for my own healing I know that I can and He may heal me but I am just fine with my life and what God has done in it even if I can't get out and drive myself to the store! :thumbsup:

I so agree with what you wrote especially the words I underlined.

I'm not purposefully misinterpreting, I just don't know what you mean by "We are to be the head not the tail."

God wants us to walk in victory. He wants His church to be ahead of the world, to be the top not the bottom. He's called us to victorious living. Yet the church in general lives in lack and despair that is not what God wants for us. We are to be a an example of God's goodness to His children, so He will be glorified.

God wants us to walk in victory. He wants His church to be ahead of the world, to be the top not the bottom. He's called us to victorious living. Yet the church in general lives in lack and despair that is not what God wants for us. We are to be a an example of God's goodness to His children, so He will be glorified.

At what time in history did the church not live in "lack and despair"? I'm confused, because it seems that you're advocating the same type of spirituality of the charismatics, who generally believe that there will be a great revival in the church at some near point. Please explain.