Old Timer

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

What would you say about praying a prayer 10 times to be forgiven, or parroting back the scriptures without questioning them why they happen?

I've never prayed like that. I don't parrot scriptures without knowing their meaning.

Why did God create Satan when God knew Satan would be bad?

Now that's one we won't know. We accept that we WILL eventually know.

Why? No, you are not allowed to ask why because "why" is not part of religion.

Read the Bible. Many have asked 'why'. God knew we'd be asking about our origins. He created us that way. And He told us about our origins.

Another one would be, how do we know the bible is the word of God?

That's an easy, but extremely lengthy answer.

Because it says it in the bible?

No, much more than that.

I guess it is not allowed to ask why to such circular reasoning.

Check out 'wisdom', 'knowledge' and 'understanding' in the Bible sometime. These are things God wants us to have and encourages us to ask for.

And back to science and their lack of philisophical reasoning, it's a darn shame that creationists can't get a word in edgewise with these folks without ridicule. If their theories were so out of wack, then why not publicly debate them and put them to shame? Because the Creationists will win! And they know it! That's why they won't debate them!

There are scientists who believe in evolution, scientists who believe in Creation, and scientists who believe in neither. And intelligent design is gaining in popularity.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

I think we have strayed a bit from the theme of this topic so just to mention another benefit of evolution;

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

As we have stated before Old Timer, they are theories and they change as new information is found. Such is human knowledge, we change our ideas of how things work as new information presents itself.

500 years ago christians thought a Lunar eclipse was an evil omen, today they know better. The pursuit of studying evolution has spawned a lot of good scientific ofshoots thet are heavily used today.

• Group:  Soapbox - Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Content Count:  962
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/11/1932

Another evolutionary blessing is how the media is always eager to present both sides of the evolution/creation debate. NPR, funded by taxpayers, is notorious for this. In this news story they censored a guest who was critical of evolution. Good for them! Let

Old Timer this is hardly new, I've heard christian programs do the same exact thing. It doesn't make either side that is doing it right.

I'm all up for a good debate, but if you're going to debate on scientific terms then you have to present good scientific evidence. Quoting the bible doesn't work in a scientific debate, neither does quoting 50 year old evidence when there is new research on the subject.

Quoting the bible doesn't work in a scientific debate, neither does quoting 50 year old evidence when there is new research on the subject

This is not the reason that evolutionists will not debate creation scientists. The reason they won't debate is because they know they will lose.

Quoting the bible doesn't work in a scientific debate, neither does quoting 50 year old evidence when there is new research on the subject

This is not the reason that evolutionists will not debate creation scientists. The reason they won't debate is because they know they will lose.

Guest Strservant

I like it!!!! :):):)

I've yet to see a creationist debate a evolutionist on equal footing.

Besides, creation isn't science, it's faith.

I've yet to see a creationist debate a evolutionist on equal footing.

Besides, creation isn't science, it's faith.

Both theories require a certain amount of faith. Evolution IMO requires much, much more. Just because the majority of scientists believe in it, doesn't make it true. I don't have faith in scientists. Maybe you do. Maybe you have faith in the scientific community. I don't.

You are aware of the fact that there are scientists who believe in neither theory, aren't you? They've just decided that evolution is too far fetched and the evidence just doesn't prove it, yet they don't embrase creationism. I just want to know if you are aware of this fact.