• Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

:emot-pray::wub::24:

Think He'll Ever Have Enought?

Probably not. :emot-heartbeat: ...but with him, it's a game. He does not live high like one would expect. He lives plainly, runs his business in modest fashion and even plans on leaving his fortune to charity. He believes that children should earn their forture and not inherit it. Therefore, I decided NOT to ask him to adopt me and my family. :thumbsup::24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

[1. Consider: Do you go to the store when they raise prices, or when there is a sale?

2. Make investment decisions based on your situation, considering your goals, your objectives, your time frame, and your risk tolerance, not "the market's".

3. Greed and fear drive prices short term; fundamentals drive it long term(and long term is not buying after breakfast, and selling after lunch).

4. Do not "fall in love" with any investment

5. Regardless of the merits of an investment, do not own it if you are "loosing sleep" over it, i.e., "peace of mind."

6. Usually, the best time to invest is when you feel "uneasy" about, i.e., and this is typically when there are many "scary" headlines in the press, prices are low(relatively), which is the case now in the fall of 2008. Usually The worse time to invest is when most are optimistic-prices are relatively high. That is, the worst time to invest is usually when you feel "comfortable", because this is the time when most others are "comfortable", and prices have been "bid" up to reflect that optimism.

7. Don't "buy headlines"- remember that "bad news" sells. Try to avoid "reacting" to what some "investment guru" said on TV. That is, anticipate, don't react.

8. Know what you own, and why you own an it. If it goes down, and "the story" has not changed, consider the drop a a gift, and consider owning more.

9. Dollar cost average-you do not need an MBA for this.

10. Do not buy any stock, private and/or public, associated with Auburn University. It is overvalued and due for a "crash"(kidding, here! Ask Wayne if he concurs)

ALL very wise advice from John "I know more than I let on but my humility won't allow me to boast" Whalen, a true professional...

...EXCEPT item #10. Auburn University would be a good investment at this point because they are undervalued in the market. Even though their football program is in the toilet right now, I expect it will rebound within one year. We will be like Alabama (spit spit)...to go from being unranked to winning a National Championship all in one year. At least it better OR Coach Tuberville is history.

_____-

As Brother Wayne "What, me worry(Alfred E. Neumam) about Auburn" knows, and would agree, the only "expert" that ever walked "...this present evil world..."(Galatians 1:4) is this great Saviour of ours, the Lord Jesus Christ; and He is the definition of humility, as it is written:

"And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled(my emphasis) himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." Philippians 2:8

" I expect it will rebound within one year...."

My witty, firm, and yet quite condescending, but, at the same time, quite insightful comment:

That is the exact statement I heard, say, approximately 2 weeks ago in the Chicago Tribube Sports Section re. that "professional"(loosely used here)team called The Chicago Cubs. Or was that the coach of the Washington Generals?

" We will be like Alabama (spit spit)...to go from being unranked"

My uncompromising, terse, edifying, at, at the same time, realistic, biting comment:

"Translation" of "unranked": overrated, overpaid, over-hyped,and over-fed

" At least it better OR Coach Tuberville is history "

My underrated, precise, quite alarming, and yet, at the same time, quite charming response:

"Kinda like" Lehman Brother brokers?(ouch!) And speaking of Lehman Brothers, what did they and Auburn University(again, loosely employed here) have in common in early September?

Answer: They were both obious "short sales."

In and with Christ,

John "someone must have said it, or I wouldn't have printed it."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  997
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

:24::24::24:

Think He'll Ever Have Enought?

"Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied(my emphasis)." Proverbs 27:20

In and with Christ,

John M. Whalen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

And speaking of Lehman Brothers, what did they and Auburn University(again, loosely employed here) have in common in early September?

:24:

:cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

And speaking of Lehman Brothers, what did they and Auburn University(again, loosely employed here) have in common in early September?

:cool: