IGNORED

10% of bailout money to go to bonuses

sweetycakes

That whole bailout mess was like pouring money down a black hole and was the worst piece of legislation passed in the U.S. in a long long time. ;)

:taped::whistling::24:

Down a black hole, or a bucket without a bottom in it.

;)

:whistling:

Sometimes It Does Seem Bleak

Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough;

ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm;

and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes Haggai 1:6

Until One Looks At Their Father's Treasure House

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you John 14:2

And Then Hearts Rejoice At The Thought Of Sitting At HIS Feet

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him 1 Corinthians 2:9

Hallelujah!

:taped:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life John 3:16

:24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

;)

:whistling:

ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm;

and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes Haggai 1:6

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you John 14:2

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him 1 Corinthians 2:9

Hallelujah!

:taped:

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life John 3:16

:24:

Brother Joe,

That is the point in context dear one. The reason we are placing our money into a bag full of holes is because everyone including our Politicians looked the other way on this one because our bottom lines were so comfortable to live with. However, I'd rather live comfortably with God than a bottom line. :emot-heartbeat:

There's always a price to pay when you take your eye off of Righteousness and choose to follow Greed.

Wayne,

You misunderstand your brother. I really am not against executives earning what their worth. I am against a ghastly bill that hasn't done anything but draw the Nation further away from her roots and undermined her foundations. :(

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I really am not against executives earning what their worth. I am against a ghastly bill that hasn't done anything but draw the Nation further away from her roots and undermined her foundations. :39:

I understand what you're saying, Dave. I have the exact opposite position. Speaking as a low level executive, I believe many higher level executives are very much overpaid. Not all but many. Success is rarely the result of one man but the result of a team...a group effort.

Regarding the OP, I did the easy math... $70,000,000 in pay and bonuses for 186,000 people averages $376,344 per person, most of whom are white collar living in high cost of living areas. Based on what I have read, about half of that would be salary and the other half would be bonuses. My beef is that there should be no bonuses when companies aren't performing to plan...and too often bonuses are paid out based on other easily attainable incentives. Bonuses should be paid on two factors alone... ROS (return on sales) and RONA (return on net assets). That's it...simple. The company makes plan, the team gets bonuses. The company doesn't make plan, they get nothing. There should be NO bonuses paid, especially when the company posts a loss! That's the way we do it at least....but we aren't Wall Street. :th_praying:

We don't need to spark the debate over the bill again. It is best to leave it alone and simple agree to disagree. The only point I made is that this story has nothing to do with the bailout.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

:emot-hug:

:th_praying:

Hallelujah!

:39:

:)

:emot-hug::thumbsup::wub: Amen bro.