Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. <>Philippians 4:12, 13

I'm so sorry to hear of your hard times 2bba....I will pray that things get better for you...I'm sure that there are others here on the board who can give some great advice...alot better than I can anyway. Just please keep praying and remember to always thank God for something...there has to be something you can thank him for in your life. Even a little tiny something ok? And believe me it will get better.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,478
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  04/11/1972

In the last 3 years.

My Dad died suddenly.

My Brother died suddenly.

My wife had surgery.

I lost my career.

We went bankrupt.

Lost virtually all our major things like house, car, and stuff.

Left our church because they forgot that we should be looking to Jesus.

My health has declined to the point that I question sometimes if I can continue.

I have had 2 surgeries, and now it looks like I have more to come.

We have tried 25 different churches where we don't fit in.

I quit a labor job because of poor health, now my wife treats me like I'm a bum.

I don't even have one friend, not even my wife now.

I am literally broken and broken hearted.

Even sleep is denied me with 3 sleeping disorders.

My arm is going numb from a herniated disk.

My lower back hurts, my body aches, I'm tired, depressed, spent.

I'm 48 going on 80.

Is it my fault?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/05/1955

delete

Thanks Bob. It is nice to know. Actually that is just the kind of prayer others may have made for me.

I know it says in the bible that God will not push us past a certain point, but perhaps it is my time.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/29/1989

Hey 2bba,

I am sorry to hear about what all has been happening in your life lately.Even in the hardest times we must be thankful for these hard times because they only make us stronger.Try to find the good from this.Just think while going through this you and God can grow closer.Oh and when you get through all of this you will have an awesome feeling of sucess.Also since you went through this you have a greater testimony that you can share with others and maybe help them if they may be going through the same things.For who's fault all of this is....Well I know it is not God's fault and I really doubt that it is your fault.I know the devil is the one who brings unhapiness and sorrow so he is part of it.You know this could be a test that God is allowing you to take.Anyway the main thing I know to do is pray so lets pray...

Dear Father,

I lift up 2bba to you today and ask for relief from all of this.I pray that you will give him strength to get through this.I am thankful because I know this will only make him stronger.I pray for a healing in his body that he will need no more surgeries and that the pain will all go away.I pray that you will help him deal with the losses of these family members.I pray that you will also heal his wife today.Please father help them in their finances and money troubles and show them where to go next in life.father I ask that you would hold 2bba right now and love him and show him that you will never leave him and that you are not doing this to punish him.Father just give him a peace and a comfort today.I praise you for what you have done and are going to do in this situation.

In Your Precious name

Amen

God Bless!!

ur sis in Christ

Chancer

Thank you so much for your prayer.

If it is a test, its a very long test, and I have failed so many times I can't number them.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/29/1989

2bba,

Don't Give up!!! Cleave to the Lord in time of struggle!

God Bless!

ur sis in Christ,

Chancer

Guest ReflectionsofHim

My Brother,

You are indeed at rock bottom and Bob is right...there is nowhere to go but UP. Reach your hand out for Jesus and let Him pull you up and hold you. I, too, have many health problems, but I guard my body with the whole armor of God everyday. Ephesians 6:10-18. There is probably nothing anyone can really say to make you "feel" better, but try and rest in the assurance of God's love for you. I've lost much in my life as well...both parents, best friend, was in the occult so lost that part of my life to that instead of serving Jesus which I now do of course, was a cocaine and heroin junkie...now almost 14 years sober, have been married more than once, had many miscarriages, was in a very abusive relationship, have been brutally raped and left for dead, have been homeless, have had 12 broken bones, and about 14 surgeries, I have an incurable bladder and immune disorder disease and am sick a lot and told my time is short, and was raised in a very violent alcoholic home and was an unwanted child my mother tried to abort....the point is that I so know where you are!!! Much of this I brought on myself and much of it I did not! And there is only one place to go...UP to Jesus! Grab ahold of Him and don't let go for your life depends on it! You are in what I call the wasteland, but beyond that is a land of promise and God's Word promises us all that!!! The Lord Jesus has renewed and redeemed my life, called me into areas of ministry that I would never have fathomed being in, and well I'm just so totally in love with Him. You see when I started living by Psalm 37:4 that is when my life totally changed..."Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.". When we find our totality and completeness in HIM then that is when He finds us ready to receive more. :rofl:

I'm now married to a Christian man, the Lord finally blessed me with one miracle son, and all of that stuff above is behind me. I really miss my daddy as he just died a couple of years ago and was one of my very best friends, but that is a part of life we all must deal with for death is part of it.

My Brother, my heart cries for you and my prayers go up for you. Please hang in there for there IS joy in the morning. Love your Jesus...let HIM love YOU. We all care here about you and love you through our Jesus.

Father God, hold this child of Yours up and comfort him. Father, give him peace in the midst of his storm as You promise You'll do. Let him actually feel Your presence with him, Father, and help him to just hang on to You and take one day at a time. Send loving, Christian fellowship into his life so that they may lay hands on him and comfort him with prayer and love. Thank you for our brother, Father, and for the privelage of ministering to him. Oh, Father, we so praise and adore You and thank You for the gift of salvation through Your Only Son, Jesus, Who died for each and everyone of us. We ask and receive these things for our brother in agreement in the Holy, Loving, Delivering, Precious Name of Jesus, Amen and Amen.

Love to you through our Jesus,

Reflections aka Ref

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

2bba: I'm also 48. I'm an elementary teacher and also served in missions in 1999-and part of 2000.

I remember what it was like to be healthy and strong; I, too am dealing with physical illness...and just like you said...I feel like I'm 80.

My health is what's been afflicted the most...but it seems the Christian life is a cycle of highs and lows...ups and downs.

When I first got saved, my husband of 20 years divorced me; my children abandoned me..and I was alone. I didn't fight the ex-husband's demands to take everything but my 2 cats and old beat up car.

He kept the brand new car, money, and all of our assets. He hired the lawyer. He made the settlement decision which were in his favor, naturally. I simply agreed not to fight anything but to put my whole trust in God.

So, I ended up leaving with a beat up old car and 2 cats....and moved out of state.

Now, my whole life is changed...I"m happily remarried, have a lovely home and financially sound. Right when things seem so wonderful, I am hit with physical illness...

They still can't come to a concrete decision on a diagnosis...Right now they're settling for a DX of Rheumatoid Arthritis; while a neurologist thinks it's fibromyalgia...and the GP thinks it might be MS.

Everyone is conflicted except to say it appears to be an autoimmune disorder of some sort.

I know how you feel...(I think). It's not pleasant either...but amazingly, physically illness has brought me closer to the Lord. Sounds strange, doesn't it? But I truly believe that physically suffering can sometimes actually draw us even closer to Him at times.

I just wanted you to know that you're not alone and many others, even on this board, endure sufferings and disabilties which are a challenge to endure...but the Lord is our strength and our courage - always.