IGNORED

People are more impacted by your attitude than your theology...

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl

Attitude: position, disposition, or manner with regard to a person or thing.

Position of the body appropriate to an action, emotion tec. (Macquarie Dictionary).

If we take our example from the Master, we have Jesus remaining steadfast and solid on His WORD,teachings - He did not sway at all when it came to these things but His emotions suited the mood of an event. EG: He wept, was angry, hungry , tired etc.

It's the "attitude" of not moving from a steadfast positon of your Faith that this statement is taking about I believe.

If the attitude MATCHES the theology, that's the difference.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then There Is That.....

One day a lady criticized D. L. Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord. Moody's reply was: "I agree with you. I don't like the way I do it either. Tell me, how do you do it?" The lady replied, "I don't do it." Moody responded "I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it."

-- James S. Hewett, Illustrations Unlimited (Wheaton: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc, 1988) p. 178

:emot-heartbeat:

The Love Of God The Father

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:5

Shines Out Through The Gospel Of Jesus The Christ

But God commender his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Through The Lives Of Those Who Trust In Him And In His Holy Word

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Is The Word

I In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

And The Words Of Life Are His

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I think that the OP's statement is correct to a certain extent. I mean, the very fact that we're Christians IS going to offend some people no matter what we do, and honestly, we can't and shouldn't spend all our time worrying what other people think. HOWEVER, if our hearts are set on showing the love of Christ to those around us, then people will see that (their perception of our attitude will reflect that) and they will be drawn by God shining through us! Maybe not everyone will see it (some, obviously, are so embittered and hardened to God that they don't even want to), but if NO ONE's seeing it, I think there's a problem.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  12/21/1973

Amen! :emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I heard this quote a few years ago, but I didn't know who originally said it, but I just found out it's by someone named Charles Reade...

"Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny

Guest HIS girl

I suppose simply put, we should have the attitude of CHRIST and if He is active in us by us allowing Him to take up residence in our hearts and dwell there, then that is THE attitude we should be exuding.

It should attract others, sadly some who claim His name repel....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45

Then There Is That.....

One day a lady criticized D. L. Moody for his methods of evangelism in attempting to win people to the Lord. Moody's reply was: "I agree with you. I don't like the way I do it either. Tell me, how do you do it?" The lady replied, "I don't do it." Moody responded "I like my way of doing it better than your way of not doing it."

-- James S. Hewett, Illustrations Unlimited (Wheaton: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc, 1988) p. 178

:emot-pray:

The Love Of God The Father

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:5

Shines Out Through The Gospel Of Jesus The Christ

But God commender his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

And Through The Lives Of Those Who Trust In Him And In His Holy Word

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

:P

Jesus

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Is The Word

I In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:1-3

And The Words Of Life Are His

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

:thumbsup:

was going to post the John verses but i see brother Joe did first. i have found that when people are "attracted to me" i will inevitably fail them in one way sooner or later. if they are "attracted to Christ in me" He will not fail them. :wub:

just as a side note it was what i then considered an "obnoxious" Christian that the Lord used to start opening my heart to His Truth in His Word. ( i now call that person bold )

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  85
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/26/1948

I read this today. Do you agree with that statement?

Changes in attitudes changes in latitudes. I have to agree with the concept "People are more impacted by your attitude than your theology..." That has been my manifold experience for a decade of postings. It was a hard learned lesson. What is my theology any ways? Nothing more than what I believe, and what I suppose to be true. The same bible that I believe has allowed for and helped create denominations and denominations are divisions and divisions are not of God. So here we sit all these thousands of years into the game with our so called theology running rampant in disunity. If I say thus and so in a context that is extraneous to the common faith, then I am categorized as a ne'er do well or worse. But if I have a positive upbeat attitude interspersed with "friendly" commentary it assuages the rhetoric that tends to rancor the souls. These souls who are always ready on a moments notice to dispatch me to the nether reaches of hell for the singular act of thinking outside the box of officialdom.. Notwithstanding that individuality is already rampant among everyone who would honestly admit it. No one has the entire perspective on infinite wisdom or truth. For truth is not to be found in opinion. You cannot have an opinion about truth. Truth is a concept that must stand alone apart from any principled clique of belief that is established in supposition and opinion. Even though many would tease themselves with the thought they just may be the rarity after all. Keep smiling with your fingers on the keys.

Edited by Poindexter

Guest HIS girl
The same bible that I believe has allowed for and helped create denominations and denominations are divisions and divisions are not of God.

The Word has remained rock solid, it is WE humans who have to allowed numerous denominations of different teachings to the Original.