• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1978

I just want to encourage the husbands and wives this morning. You all have been through too much to let anything or anyone get in the way of what belongs to you.(your unity with your spouse and GOD). We made vows to each other before we said "I do".Remember those vows, If you didnt love your spouse,you wouldn't made a commitment before GOD. DO you really want to lie to GOD? You have to make a marriage work, its not all peaches and cake(sweet and satisfying). Sometimes its like a lemon with salt(bitter) but we must remember what we said(sickness and health until death do us part).

What was we really saying? Here it is two bodies coming as one. Does that mean we need to become one with our spouse? The enemy dont want you to stay together, so he will attack marriages. That dont mean we have to be defeated, it means that we have all we need to fight......Our sword is The Word Of GOD. Read your bibles...Dedicate your energy on letting God fight our battles for us. Our part is to believe The Word and arm ourselves spiritually with the armour of GOD. Listen to that "The Armour of GOD" thats a special armour that will surely protect you from anything. If you are uniting as one in a marriage Ahh what does it means when you put that armour on....................it means not only am I protected but my spouse also.

When your marriage had been attacked, fight back by putting on GOD's Armour and let GOD fight your battles. I know how it feels being attack by the enemy, attacking your mind, your heart and your belief,but when we put on the armour ..GOD will Heal and Protect our minds, our hearts and our beliefs. GOD was there from the very beginning of our marriage, HE is for us. Be strong and fight for what GOD has joined together " we can only fight in the spiritual rim by putting on the Armour of GOD, In the natural rim we read our bibles mediate, stand still and believe in The Word. If you try to fight any other way you will lose, and you will have to give account for that. You know what I mean trying to physically beat somebody up(thats what your attacker want you to do, so he can build a case against you.

Love your Husband...... Love your Wife , pray for them and put on the Armour of GOD. IF one does something that hurt you, forgive them and tell GOD to fight that battle.

In the ceremony remember that part that says "What GOD has join together let no man put asunder" Wives, Husbands that means not even you....

Dont let yourselves come against what GOD has join together....

Wives Love your Husband, Husbands Love your Wife

Wives forgive you Husband, Husbands forgive your Wife

Lets pray together and keep GOD near us daily, by reading HIS Word

Edited by keysha

Guest Biblicist

Amen Keysha.

Marriage is the first line of defense against Satan. That's why we need to protect it. One man, one woman, for life, through it all.

It was the second relationship God created, after his relationship with man. And the Second thing Satan attacked!

1 Corinthians 13

4 Love is patient,

love is kind.

It does not envy,

it does not boast,

it is not proud.

5 It is not rude,

it is not self-seeking,

it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs.

6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

7 It always protects,

always trusts,

always hopes,

always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

What does that really mean?

Guest HIS girl

Christian marriages have the FULL force of God's Blessing behind it.

I truly believe some Believers don't realise just how sacred/Powerful a marriage like this is. Three cords are stronger than two, and God is the anchor to this kind of marriage.

Christian marriages in the Faith are a great witness to others of the Faith and to non Believers. It is a marriage to be reckoned with.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  70
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/01/1978

:emot-handshake:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I think one of the most important things we can do for our marriages is to pray ... together - every day. I know it's a rushed existence we all live in, but my husband & I make time each day to quietly sit and pray for each other... for our family... our relationship... our lives. It so important and it brings us together so much. God is the center of our marriage - He sustains us. For this miracle, we thank Him together each day.

Edited by Believer1997

• 1 month later...
Guest LiseO

Thank you for your encouragement regarding marriage.

My husband of almost 24 years and I are both born-again Christians. Up til last year, we had the most amazing, godly marriage in the world. But be careful! Even we weren't immune to the attack of satan on our marriage and family. Four months ago, he lost his mind seeminly overnight in the name of a mid-life crisis. He left me and our 3 children, whom he has loved dearly, and has become a hostage to the enemy. He began an adultress relationship with a non-believer and has fallen from the top of the world to the very pit of hell itself by her words being as smooth as honey.

According to James Dobson's book, "Love Must Be Tough" even Christian marriages are not immune from that pathetic phrase "mid-life crisis." I think it is a label for blatant sin, but the changed thought patterns in these men occur nonetheless in some men, Christian or not. According to the book and my own personal experience, godly men, even clergy, are prey to this crisis and will walk away from the God they proclaimed all their lives without a second thought.

Men, never let your guard down against the enemy. You may think you are the strongest Christian in the world, but satan goes after your weakness and tries with all his strength to destroy marriages and families. Satan is attacking many marriages and families as we come closer to the return of our Lord.

Everyone should lift up Christian marriages everywhere around the world because no one's marriage is immune. Satan tries to find out everyone's weakness and that's where he attacks. Pray against that daily.

Please pray for a divine miracle in Ric and Lise's marriage, that God would remove the blinders from my husband's eyes and fight the spiritual battle that is being waged against our marriage and family. Nothing less than God's intervention in our situation will restore our home. God is merciful, and my hope and faith are in Him. Me and my children are in desperate need of God's strength as we go thru this while God works in my husband's life. I pray he does not file for a divorce.

God bless you for pondering this issue and for your prayers for our marriage. This issue is not discussed much in the church, but it is a very real issue that affects Christian families.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/28/1962

Hi Liseo, i completey understand where you are at, my wife left me about 7 years ago after almost 20 years of marriage, i havent seen 2 of my sons in about 5 years. I am still waitng for her to come home. You see this is all about love and the first thing that the enemy strikes at to bring you down is that which you love the most, because once you are hurt in love you find it hard to accept love which makes a bit of a hurdle for you to overcome in accepting Gods love. I know, as Jesus has being teaching me this one for almost that length of time. Still asking on the Love, marriage thing, because they are both important to Him and very closely tied together. I hope for a miracle in you life as I hope for one in Mine.

In His Love

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I just want to encourage the husbands and wives this morning. You all have been through too much to let anything or anyone get in the way of what belongs to you.(your unity with your spouse and GOD). We made vows to each other before we said "I do".Remember those vows, If you didnt love your spouse,you wouldn't made a commitment before GOD. DO you really want to lie to GOD? You have to make a marriage work, its not all peaches and cake(sweet and satisfying). Sometimes its like a lemon with salt(bitter) but we must remember what we said(sickness and health until death do us part).

What was we really saying? Here it is two bodies coming as one. Does that mean we need to become one with our spouse? The enemy dont want you to stay together, so he will attack marriages. That dont mean we have to be defeated, it means that we have all we need to fight......Our sword is The Word Of GOD. Read your bibles...Dedicate your energy on letting God fight our battles for us. Our part is to believe The Word and arm ourselves spiritually with the armour of GOD. Listen to that "The Armour of GOD" thats a special armour that will surely protect you from anything. If you are uniting as one in a marriage Ahh what does it means when you put that armour on....................it means not only am I protected but my spouse also.

When your marriage had been attacked, fight back by putting on GOD's Armour and let GOD fight your battles. I know how it feels being attack by the enemy, attacking your mind, your heart and your belief,but when we put on the armour ..GOD will Heal and Protect our minds, our hearts and our beliefs. GOD was there from the very beginning of our marriage, HE is for us. Be strong and fight for what GOD has joined together " we can only fight in the spiritual rim by putting on the Armour of GOD, In the natural rim we read our bibles mediate, stand still and believe in The Word. If you try to fight any other way you will lose, and you will have to give account for that. You know what I mean trying to physically beat somebody up(thats what your attacker want you to do, so he can build a case against you.

Love your Husband...... Love your Wife , pray for them and put on the Armour of GOD. IF one does something that hurt you, forgive them and tell GOD to fight that battle.

In the ceremony remember that part that says "What GOD has join together let no man put asunder" Wives, Husbands that means not even you....

But God hasn't put everyone together. Men and women who don't even believe in God, put themselves together.

Whom God has put together.... I wasn't a Christian when I got married. Neither was my husband. We both became Christians a few years later. Did God put us together? Nope. We did. But now that we're both born again, I would never think of divorce as an option. My husband is not only my spouse, he is my brother in Christ and my best friend.

And yes, marriage requires work. Jut like a corporation. Things don't always turn out how you hoped they would. But I've found that we've always been able to weather the storms. We've known each other for 40 years; been married 35 years. And he has been ill for 25 of those years.

And lately, he's getting sicker. His body is breaking down. His inner organs malfunctioning. In essence, I'm watching my husband slowly die. He looks worn out. Tired. But he keeps on going. I don't want him to die before I do, but I'm afraid he might. I don't know what I'll do when he's gone. I'll be lonely, that's for sure. Till death do us part.

Willow325

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

But God hasn't put everyone together. Men and women who don't even believe in God, put themselves together.

Whom God has put together.... I wasn't a Christian when I got married. Neither was my husband. We both became Christians a few years later. Did God put us together? Nope. We did. But now that we're both born again, I would never think of divorce as an option. My husband is not only my spouse, he is my brother in Christ and my best friend.

And yes, marriage requires work. Jut like a corporation. Things don't always turn out how you hoped they would. But I've found that we've always been able to weather the storms. We've known each other for 40 years; been married 35 years. And he has been ill for 25 of those years.

And lately, he's getting sicker. His body is breaking down. His inner organs malfunctioning. In essence, I'm watching my husband slowly die. He looks worn out. Tired. But he keeps on going. I don't want him to die before I do, but I'm afraid he might. I don't know what I'll do when he's gone. I'll be lonely, that's for sure. Till death do us part.

Willow325

:laugh: Sorry to hear of your husband's illness sister. May God bring you comfort, peace and grace. Be strong in The Lord and enjoy the times you have left and remembering the ones you've had in all your years. God Bless You Both.