• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/03/1949

Some of the passages from God's Book I find interesting, and a comfort to know that the One abiding in me, even as I abide in Him, does all the work (except, of course, for the cooperating with that work, which is my job--which I don't take credit for--even of that--since it is He from whom I gain all I stand in need of TO cooperate with Him):

Philippians 2:

12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

There are so many times when I don't have sense enough to will and do His good pleasure. I'm glad Jesus is inside of me to get me back on track at those times. Left to my own devices, without His unending and loving guidance, I surely will go the way of all such men--away from being perfect (mature). See Phil. 3:15.

Isaiah 26:

12LORD, thou wilt ordain peace for us: for thou also hast wrought all our works in us.

Some of my works, or all of them..?? If all, then what do I take credit for doing myself..??

Matthew 10:

20For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

So what should any wise man listen for from me..?? If he hears nothing but me, he hears nothing. If I hear anything from another man but the Spirit of my Father, I have heard nothing from him as well.

1 Thessalonians 2:

13For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

I believe in God's Word. Where, therefore, does it effectually work..??

Colossians 1:

27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Where is Christ Jesus..?? Where is my hope of glory..??

Philippians 1:

6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Where has this good work begun..?? Who is He Who has begun it..?? And how long can I depend on Him to perform it..??

But Johnny, how can you KNOW you are cooperating with Him..?? How can you KNOW you are not steeping out of His will..??

Easy. I depend on Him even to make me aware of that and to lead me back into the path He has set before me:

Psalms 139:

23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Are my thoughts outside of me, or in me..??

II Corinthians 6:

16.......as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Where is God..?? In His people..??

There's SO much more in God's Word about the assurance of His dwelling within those of us who know Him. I don't want to make this post TOO long. But I will end on this note:

I John 3:

9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I never fear that it is even possible for me to "sin my way away from God", because of where His seed remains.

I John 2:

27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I am tutored by the greatest Teacher the world will ever know, and I don't even have to pay for private tutoring lessons.

John 14:

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

There is no way possible to be more surrounded or better protected from evil than this, for those who trust Him enough to take Him at His Word. Yes, Virginia..!! Salvation IS safe because we know we can do nothing without Him:

John 15:

5.........He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

God bless you all.