• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Sorry Blien.

But I was always taught that God is always talking to us in His still small voice and we are the ones who are always rushing around and over shouting Him.

There have been many times in my life that God had answered me immediately, but I was too frantic running around for God to answer me to listen to His voice. Make sence? I believe He always answers us pretty quickly, we just don't like the answer so we run around looking for His other answer.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

i for one will never have that happen in my marriage

ours is based on God as the head of the marriage

:swordfightsmiles:

I think you will. I have not known even one couple who hasn't had a day like that.. .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Sorry Blien.

But I was always taught that God is always talking to us in His still small voice and we are the ones who are always rushing around and over shouting Him.

There have been many times in my life that God had answered me immediately, but I was too frantic running around for God to answer me to listen to His voice. Make sence? I believe He always answers us pretty quickly, we just don't like the answer so we run around looking for His other answer.

Oh I hear from God Stacey. I'm not saying I dont hear and I want to hear him. I hear Him ALL the time. But it's never always as clear as I want it to be. I really do want to hear what he has to say but it is just not the case for me where I can hear Him as audible as perhaps you and I speaking to each other in person? Get what I mean?

There is however one time when I did hear from God in that way (as a person would speak to another). That was the first time I ever heard it so clear and the voice was just so sweet and out of this world. It happened when someone was stalking me after I finished work one day. Some stranger was hiding in the bushes with a gun and was eying me. I froze. And was making a plan in my head to run and scanning the landscape with my eyes as to where I should go when CLEARLY, as a person would speak to another Face To Face, I heard this: "If you run, he will shoot you. Do not be afraid, God does not desire for you to die today." .....so I walked in faith towards that man with the gun and guess what happened? He RAN away to his getaway car who had a person waiting for him!

So my whole topic hear is about hearing from God as clearly as you would when a person is speaking to another person face to face. Because it is possible!

God uses all of creation to speak to us (Romans 1:20) but how do we build that connection that relationship that we could instantaneously hear it or see and feel it and understand. This is what He wants me to do. If God spoke to me audible all the time through his Angels then of course I would follow him.. but what if I didn't, wouldn't i be condemned? Maybe this is why he doesn't speak so clearly until we have become faithful in our relationship with him. Faithful and dependable... and that takes time for maturing... similarly to what RestIsAweapon said earlier.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Oh I know we can hear the voice of God audibly Blien. I did one time myself.

I was sitting at a red light at a one way street. This particular light had two lanes turning left, and I was in the far left lane. I had a small compact car with my baby in the back and myself, in the lane next to me was a 4x4 pickup truck. Our light turned green, I was the first one at the light by the way, so I and the pickup next to me started to turn left, suddenly I heard an audible voice say "Stacey stop!!" I hit my breaks at the same time of the truck, who I couldn't see around, a large car came flying thru its red light at top speed, if I hadn't listened me and my baby would be dead now, that was 15 yes. ago.

Now I hear God speak to me all the time, but it has never been audible since that time. I don't know if that is how we should hear Him all the time. God Is a spirit He deals in our spirit, I call it my knower, That's where I listen to the Holy Ghost in my "knower".

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

True love is not a feeling as much as a decision. Everybody, and I mean everybody - no exceptions - that gets married will, at one point in time or another, wake up, look at their spouse, and wonder why they would ever have married this person.

Yikes!! :emot-hug:

This is a true statement. there will be times in every marriage where feelings of love will fail. When that happens, we need to be commited to stick it out

I have to agree....everyone goes through this one. Love is a choice. Society tells us it is a feeling, and look at the divorce rate.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

If God spoke to me audible all the time through his Angels then of course I would follow him.. but what if I didn't, wouldn't i be condemned?

No, our salvation is not works based, but based in faith. We all fail to follow God's will from time to time, it's part of our human condition. Our salvation is not lost because we fail. . .once saved always saved. . .

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Praise God for your testimony! Something similar happened to me when I was 17. I heard: "If you don't slow down you will be killed within the next few moments."

The voice sounded nonchalant, but crystal clear, even over the radio. I was jamming out! This was a few years before I got saved.

Over the next curve was a school bus that had pulled out of a church parking lot. The bus took up both sides of the road, and then some. Wow! I was so shaken up that my feet could not hold the gas petal steady. I was shaking like a leaf on a tree.

It's something I will never forget. I should have died back there. Thank God for Jesus; Thank God for His grace. Thank God for all of the prayers for me and those school children.

Thank God I'm still alive. It is a miracle. I tell everyone this story. Some people are amazed while others patronize me. I don't care because I am alive. And I know that Jesus is alive, too.

I was sitting at a red light at a one way street. This particular light had two lanes turning left, and I was in the far left lane. I had a small compact car with my baby in the back and myself, in the lane next to me was a 4x4 pickup truck. Our light turned green, I was the first one at the light by the way, so I and the pickup next to me started to turn left, suddenly I heard an audible voice say "Stacey stop!!" I hit my breaks at the same time of the truck, who I couldn't see around, a large car came flying thru its red light at top speed, if I hadn't listened me and my baby would be dead now, that was 15 yes. ago.

Now I hear God speak to me all the time, but it has never been audible since that time. I don't know if that is how we should hear Him all the time. God Is a spirit He deals in our spirit, I call it my knower, That's where I listen to the Holy Ghost in my "knower".

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Praise God for your testimony! Something similar happened to me when I was 17. I heard: "If you don't slow down you will be killed within the next few moments."

The voice sounded nonchalant, but crystal clear, even over the radio. I was jamming out! This was a few years before I got saved.

Over the next curve was a school bus that had pulled out of a church parking lot. The bus took up both sides of the road, and then some. Wow! I was so shaken up that my feet could not hold the gas petal steady. I was shaking like a leaf on a tree.

It's something I will never forget. I should have died back there. Thank God for Jesus; Thank God for His grace. Thank God for all of the prayers for me and those school children.

Thank God I'm still alive. It is a miracle. I tell everyone this story. Some people are amazed while others patronize me. I don't care because I am alive. And I know that Jesus is alive, too.

You are blessed, I'm glad your slowed down!