• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

I have a question. Is it just me or when you are really truly in love with someone your spirit tells you things you wouldnt know through your senses?

First off, you and this person would not have any trouble holding a conversation flowing between the two of you because each one understands what the other is saying greatly and its as if there is something passing between the words that signals where the conversation is going and the intention and the mood or whatever.

Second thing I noticed. You and this person can sense each others feelings, thoughts, situations. I've heard that twins know when the other person is in trouble if they are separated at any time.. well this is similar to that. Because of the Love you feel for this person (notice the capital L) you dream about them, have a feeling in your spirit of excitement JUST before the phone rings with them on the other line (even thought you didn't know they were going to call) or if you didn't call them in weeks you can feel this person wondering why you haven't called. Sometimes.. you can feel this person right next to you even if they are not.

Now I don't mean to creep you guys out, just wanted to see if this is the case between you lovers in the real world out there? Well, is it true?

If so.... here is my REAL question behind this topic. It's about God. If a person and God Love each other dearly, then wouldn't the lines of communication be open with God in a similar sense? We all know David and God had this kind of relationship. God called him "a man after my own heart", well suppose all the above was true regarding earthly Lovers. Is it possible that if we are able to attain a Love between God and ourselves like that of earthly (true) Lovers then all the senses of when then person is expecting your call or finishing each other's sentences or communicating something between the words is possible with God too?

And is it possible that IF this is the case then that was why David could inquire of the LORD and get an instantaneous reply as so?

2 Samuel 2:1

Then it came about afterwards that David inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I go up to one of the cities of Judah?" And the LORD said to him, "Go up." So David said, "Where shall I go up?" And He said, "To Hebron."

or

1 Samuel 23:2

So David inquired of the LORD, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines?" And the LORD said to David, "Go and attack the Philistines and deliver Keilah."

Now, I'm not mentioning prophets here because all the prophets got their gift from GOD. I'm just asking from the strictly normal every day person who has other spiritual gifts and wants to "Speak to" and "Hear" from God, perspective.

Let me know what you think!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Yes I believe that we can have this line of communication between each other as human beings, and with God in the spiritual realm. I can't explain why we don't get a instant answer when we pray or we immediately know what to do in a given situation, that is something I truly would like to know. I can tell when something is wrong with someone that I love, and not have talked to him for days. We live several hours apart but I know when something is going on that isn't right. It amazes us that I can sense that. We just have a spiritual bond that I've never shared with anyone before. With the Lord, we should have that same Spiritual Bond and if we don't we aren't walking where we should be. Or there is something that is hindering that bond... This is just my opinion. Be interesting to read what more Bible based scholars have to say.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I think you have something there :emot-pray:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  11/20/1956

I thought that was what maturity in Christ offered. As I have moved into a season of closeness with God, especially Father, for some reason. I have noticed a more 'real time' experience in our communication together. He's funny, jokes alot with me and I'm learning to with him. One thing you can try Blien that is an amazing time with God is to sit down with a piece of paper and pen and write yourself a letter from God. You just write: Dear Blien (or what ever your name is), then listen and write whatever comes down on that paper. It is always amazing to me.

It goes something like this (I'll do one to myself right here)

Dear Don,

I have been watching you the past while and your really and impressive work of mine. Lately you've been especially pleasing to be around. That whole thing with your brain and the work I have in process for your latest blessing is really going to blow you away. I really like to do this stuff and I notice you like doing this kind of thing too. You rebuild people with me all the time. Did you know that? By the way , your the best! Listen I need you to go to bed now and I'll tuck you in if you like. Your the best I've ever been if you know what I mean. Love you so much, Dad.

That is an example and I should tell you for your understanding. I had a brain surgery that was meant to correct epilepsy. Which it did. But God did an amazing miracle at the same time and after surgery I was made smarter. Lots . I have a mental processing speed that is 50-80% faster, and a memory power that is there now that didn't exist before. Since the surgery and the subsequent improvements I could no longer say "I'm fine" to the casually asked question "How are you?" I now answer that question, "I'm the best I've ever been". So his sense of humor came through there when He said "Your the best I've ever been, if you know what I mean".

Anyway I think God is into that kind of relations with us Blien. So start tapping his leg and get him to get you up on his lap for a story or a cuddle. Don

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Well, first let me say that what you describe between two people is not necessarily love. My first thought was infatuation. I became especially concerned in your third paragraph where you say: "or if you didn't call them in weeks". Now if you truly loved this person, why would you not call him or her for weeks? True love is not a feeling as much as a decision. Everybody, and I mean everybody - no exceptions - that gets married will, at one point in time or another, wake up, look at their spouse, and wonder why they would ever have married this person. When you go through that kind of difficulty together, that kind of frustrating, horrible trial and yet stay together that's when you know it is love. Because you didn't feel love, but you stayed together anyway.

With that said, as for having that connection with God, the main thing (assuming one is saved) is to read His word daily. Romans 12:2 (NLT) says: "Don

Guest HIS girl
True love is not a feeling as much as a decision. Everybody, and I mean everybody - no exceptions - that gets married will, at one point in time or another, wake up, look at their spouse, and wonder why they would ever have married this person.

Yikes!! :emot-pray:

Guest HIS girl

I remember I voiced my feelings once during a Bible Study session when I was a new Christian...I told the group I'd get so excited to read the Word and couldn't wait to get back into the Bible and spend time with Jesus..I equated the feeling to the thrill of knowing I was going to spend time with a boyfriend...

Well....

that drew some looks didn't it....some odd looks...!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

True love is not a feeling as much as a decision. Everybody, and I mean everybody - no exceptions - that gets married will, at one point in time or another, wake up, look at their spouse, and wonder why they would ever have married this person.

Yikes!! :th_praying:

This is a true statement. there will be times in every marriage where feelings of love will fail. When that happens, we need to be commited to stick it out

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  913
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/02/1969

Yikes!! :th_wave:

Ditto! :wacko:

i for one will never have that happen in my marriage

ours is based on God as the head of the marriage

:blink:

Well then some of us must be the exception. If I ever woke up and thought that I would have to reexamine my relationship with God also. Because He is the one who led and directed my relationship and marriage to my husband. We do have hard times, but I couldn't bare to think of my life without him. I would think too many mornings of a couple waking up and questioning their marriage would lead to divorce. :th_praying:

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

"Let no man separate what God has put together." (Mark 10:9)

Anyway back to the topic please...