• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  258
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

'Celt'

In one kindergarten school in my home state, a mother visited the last hour to watch the class her child was in. The teacher got all the children to close their eyes and think of something that disturbed them, and then think of "Barney" (the dinosaur figure), and telling them Barney was their friend and they could talk to him for help when they were afraid and had problems.

Honestly, that's "two year old psychology" and is one of the sillier things I've heard this year!! :emot-pray:

Hello His girl,

I'm aware that teachers must study child psychology as part of their training, but by your above statement, I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with the mother's concern in that case that happenned in Cleveland, Tennessee (USA).

I minored in Industrial Psychology in college, which is different (i.e., where to put that stinkin' gearshift in a car). But still I had to have some psychology electives, and in one class the professor did a demonstration of hypnosis on a student volunteer. Both Carl Jung and Anton Mesmer were figures in the field of psychology, but both had some leanings toward mysticism. So the foundations of psychology is not just about behavioural science like we are taught. I see a conflict between it and God's Word in some cases.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  376
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/30/1962

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=696722

Has this already happened in schools in other countries?

huh ??? what ??? this is really happening :emot-pray:

well its gotta be up north where this is going down ( i dont mean any insult by that ) i asked a teacher here about it (southern missouri) and she hasnt heard anything about it yet

( yet being the word) i dont doubt it that its being done and it spreading across the nation

i see this as a religion ,,, athiest say they have no doctrin but this is a lie ,,, they have a doctrin ,,, a belief system that is ordered ,,, and this is there religion

i could go off on this for the rest of my life so i'll stop here

and be looking for this in a school near near me ,,, guns up christian warriors

arrow

Guest HIS girl
'Celt'

In one kindergarten school in my home state, a mother visited the last hour to watch the class her child was in. The teacher got all the children to close their eyes and think of something that disturbed them, and then think of "Barney" (the dinosaur figure), and telling them Barney was their friend and they could talk to him for help when they were afraid and had problems.

Honestly, that's "two year old psychology" and is one of the sillier things I've heard this year!! :emot-pray:

Hello His girl,

I'm aware that teachers must study child psychology as part of their training, but by your above statement, I'm not sure if you agree or disagree with the mother's concern in that case that happenned in Cleveland, Tennessee (USA).

I minored in Industrial Psychology in college, which is different (i.e., where to put that stinkin' gearshift in a car). But still I had to have some psychology electives, and in one class the professor did a demonstration of hypnosis on a student volunteer. Both Carl Jung and Anton Mesmer were figures in the field of psychology, but both had some leanings toward mysticism. So the foundations of psychology is not just about behavioural science like we are taught. I see a conflict between it and God's Word in some cases.

No Celt, I am not making fun of the Mum's concern at all...rather the concept of the Barney issue...that made me laugh but yes it is disturbing - it comes across as quite "unintelligent" from an educating point of view....

At present in Aus (well in my school anyway), this kind of thing would be viewed as humourous and totally irrelevant...at the moment...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

'Celt'

Hello His girl,

Good point arrow, I agree. More often than not, psychology feels threatened by Godly logic, if it agrees to it, it loses credibility. The above barney story represents to me the fields attitude completely. I have little to no use for " psychology " .