Guest Rootabagga

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

Scriptures may not give specific words to reference your specific situation but we do have His principles. I understand what your saying that the cuss words you use have no malice - it is casual profanity right? Whether it's for emphases, joking, whatever, it is not pleasing to God because no matter what your intention, it has a negative connotation to it and what will onlookers think of a Christian who swears even casually? Casual or not, I think it's a bad representation of Christ. Would you swear at God's throne?

Either way, there's nothing anyone can say to you - the Lord hopefully will convict you of this.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

I only use it around selective people who use it first. When I get a PM with foul language, I use it back, just to be on the same wavelength so to speak.

Romans 12:12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

We try to do our best in the chat room. If a chatter is using offensive language they are usually given a warning, if they continue in their behavior, they are removed. Many times we have different things going on all at once and sometimes we don't notice someone miss-behaving. Other times it is a chatter we know that has problems and we are trying to work with them and help them. I know at times it frustrates other chatters and they get upset with us (moderators) because they want us to remove the offender immediately. While we understand it upsets others...sometimes its a personal issue at stake (the chatter with the problem).

Not too long ago we dealt with an angry chatter with bad language/attitude problems. Normally it would have been a boot or a ban, but we discovered there were deeper things going on with this chatter. After a time we learned that this person was stopped from doing something to themselves that would have been critical. This person didn

Edited by Anonymous

Guest LCPGUY

Hey there BPC and Island, my beloved sisters... :il: :il: :il:

I am not trying to be contentious or argumentative. I just see this subject different than you gals, probably different that 90% of the folks here. I know I am in the minority. I don

Guest LCPGUY
We try to do our best in the chat room. If a chatter is using offensive language they are usually given a warning, if they continue in their behavior, they are removed. Many times we have different things going on all at once and sometimes miss someone miss-behaving. Other times it is a chatter we know that has problems and we are trying to work with them and help them. I know at times it frustrates other chatters and they get upset with us (moderators) because they want us to remove the offender immediately. While we understand it upsets others...sometimes its personal issue at stake (the chatter with the problem).

Not too long ago we dealt with an angry chatter with bad language problems. Normally it would have been a boot or a ban, but we discovered there were deeper things going on with this chatter. After a time we learned that this person was stopped from doing something to themselves that would have been critical. This person didn

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  297
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

whas up yall (im from Texas)! anyway this is my first post... actually this is my first time on the site. it seems pretty interesting. i like alot of discussion w/ no evil intended towards each other. with that said, i also have a couple pennies to add to the discussion.

i totally agree w/ LCPGUY. words are meaningless symbols until we give them meaning. i am very familiar w/ all the posted scriptures, but again, i see them similar to the way Guy does. are words in and of themselves sinful? no way! words mean diff. things to diff. people at diff. times. one thing we as believers sometimes fail to see is outside our world :t2: . i find it very narrow minded to say ALL non believers are offended by "profanity". please dont take this as trying to be rude, i think it sort of sounds like it. ;) . i think this is what some believers think all non believers feel on the matter. someone talked about speaking differently w/ diff. people as if it wrong to do so. i speak very differently w/ wife than i would a total stranger. again, i dont just use any word at any time. maybe inappropriate is the word, but sinful. is it inappropriate to discuss my wife and i "bedroom" details to w/ my neighbor? yes sir it is! is it sinful, no! look at it this way, is the word "ass" sinful? it is in the KJV for cryin' out loud! so is hell, damn, and fool. this is a good illustration to show the words themselves mean nothing. its the context of the heart that counts. so we can quote Matt 12 all we want saying "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." b/c it is very true and fitting for this discussion. the heart is the issue. its always been about the heart! if it is solely the words, then who decides what makes the list and doesnt? actually, the words on this so called list are determined by society, thats what we base "cuss" words on. we cannot correctly attribute these as sinful as if God said so... our culture said so!

i dont think statements such as these prove anything: 1.] its the language of the non intelligent... come on now, we know several people who are intelligent who use "cuss" words. 2.] would you use it at the throne... again, i dont think what my wife and i do in our bedroom is a topic for discussion either, neither is it sinful. i dont understand the logic of this question. 3.] what will non believers think... again if we could just look outside our own circles. we are incapable of saying what ALL nonbelievers think. if just one person sees Guy as a "regular" guy he can relate to, then where is the sin here?

i know not everyone has the same view point on the matter, and that is okay. but when we judge, we usually do so incorrectly. probably why we are told not to. anyway, this was not meant to be rude sounding, i just had something to say on the matter.

in Christ

wise people sometimes change their minds- fools, never :oww:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

ICPGUY

The fact that you swear SOMETIMES and you try not to tells me that somewhere you do realize it's wrong or inappropriate. Otherwise why be selective? Why not cuss everywhere you go?

Something else and then I'm done:

Why is it that when in company for swearing, you follow them? Why don't you stand for all that is good and Godly and see if they follow you?

Guest kitkat

I've only been to Worthy Chat one time the whole time I've posted here and I was mostly there to check it out and see what it was like. When I was there, I found it to be a nice place to chat, but I'm not really into chatting like that, so I didn't stay.

I've been in other chat rooms and like always, there are going to be those who say things that are against the rules, use profane language, etc., but I didn't find that at Worthy Chat while I was in the chat.

Kat

:t2:

Edited by kitkat

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  122
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

Well to be honest, I am a Christian but I have a huge problem with swearing, I don't do it online, just when I'm by myself. I've tried everything to stop it, even praying, but nothing works. I swear probably on average 10 to 15 times a day, I have no idea why I can't stop, but someday I'll have the strength to stop, I know.

My name is Josh and I'm 17

Guest LCPGUY
Why is it that when in company for swearing, you follow them? Why don't you stand for all that is good and Godly and see if they follow you?

Dear sister, I