• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I saw this add, and it reminded me of the Torah thread. Lovers of God's Word will enjoy learning of this, I believe.

Torah means God's Teaching and Instruction

Does Sinai Still Echo God's Voice?

Reading the book of Acts makes it sound like miracles were commonplace and every day. Actually, those amazing events were staggered across 35 years and dozens of different characters, but when collapsed into 28 short chapters, it seems as if things were a lot more exciting then. God is moving today, just as He did then.

We need to see the big picture. This is what the Torah Club is all about!

Study the Bible through Jewish eyes. Study Moses, the Prophets, the Gospels and Paul in the Jewish mode they were meant to be studied. An incomparable adventure in the Bible ans Jewish studies awaits you!

Check it out!

First Fruits of Zion

http://www.ffoz.org/

Then click on "Torah Club" listed in the top link bar.

Studying the Bible outside of the auspices of Torah and Hebraic thought is like trying to enter a walled city without using the gate. Unlike other Bible study programs which try to

Guest shiloh357
I saw this add, and it reminded me of the Torah thread. Lovers of God's Word will enjoy learning of this, I believe.

You are excactly right Neb!! :wub:

I have volume one of the Torah club series... working on getting the rest of the series over time. It is very well done, very professional. ;)

FFOZ is one the best, most biblically, and doctrinely sound Messianic ministries out there, IMHO. They emphasize a more Torah-positive lifestyle without legalism or condemnation. They are not given over to sensationalism, and their core doctrine of salvation by grace through faith in Yeshua alone, is always at the forefront. They are adamant that no one is made righteous by keeping Torah, but rather obedience is the product of a saving faith in Yeshua the Messiah. Their overall emphasis is Yeshua as the living Torah.

They have some really good books such as "Torah Rediscovered" and "Take hold," both authored by Ariel Berkowitz. He and his wife are senior members of FFOZ over in Israel. They have some new books that came out earlier this year that I would like to get as well.

I became aquainted with the ministry when I lived in Tulsa. At that time they were called "Israel Today." The Messianic Rabbi I was studying with, loaned me some of his back issues of their publication, and I was hooked!!

Every summer they have conferences in the United States that have both general teaching sessions as well as practical, "how-to" workshops that teach folks how to tie tzitiziot, make Challah bread, and other such things. I have yet to attend one such conference, but I have heard from other attendees that they are a blast. They also have an "Israeli" night, where the emphasis is on Israel and they partake of Israeli quisine and stuff like that. So, the conferences sound cool as well.

It is a very well balanced, professional Messianic ministry. The Torah Club is well worth the money. I can't wait to one day possess the entire series.

Guest shiloh357

I would like to add to my above comments, this statement made by Boaz Michael, founder of FFOZ.

"Working Choices"

By Boaz Michael

"Why are you trying to put Christians under the Law?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings All,

I was unable to determine a couple things I sought after when I went to the FFOZ site.

Do they promote a Sabbath worship on a particular day of the week?

Do they claim that gentiles be integrated into Israel upon salvation?

Do they promote "the fact" that the New Covenant MUST be fully understood if the Old Covenant is to be understood in its proper light?

Thank you and God Bless,

Dad Ernie

LOL!

I knew you wer going to look for something wrong with this!

The best I could find was the FAQ page.

http://ffoz.org/Home/faqs.shtml

I guess you can make your own interpretation from that.

With that, I'd like to present the words of a song:

Jew and Gentile

One in Messiah

One in Yeshua

One in the Olive Tree...

Guest shiloh357
Do they promote a Sabbath worship on a particular day of the week?

No. They do encourage a Sabbath REST from Friday night to Saturday night as God commanded. They promote EVERY day as a day of worship.

Do they claim that gentiles be integrated into Israel upon salvation?

This sounds like a loaded question. They believe that the Gentiles are grafted into Israel when they are saved. Not the nation of Israel, but rather they are become the seed of Abraham by faith as are Jews who are saved as well.

Do they promote "the fact" that the New Covenant MUST be fully understood if the Old Covenant is to be understood in its proper light?

At what point is the NT "fully understood"? Where is that marker? The NT was written out of OT knowledge. It is written as if you already understand the OT. The OT is the source material the Holy Spirit used to inspire the NT. The NT complements but does not supercede the OT. If you want to fully understand the NT then you need to read the source material first to get a handle on the issues covered in the NT.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Thank you Nebula for the web site FAQ. It answered most of my questions. I am satisfied with what I read that IF there by any error, it is slight and there is no need to break fellowship over it.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Guest shiloh357

Also on the FFOZ website you can download a free sample of their "Messiah Magazine." It is a PDF download that you can you can save to your harddrive, and they offer either the full download which includes all articles and advertisements or a smaller download that is only articles. Either way, it is a good read.

Thank you Nebula for the web site FAQ. . . .

You're welcome!

:laugh:

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  200
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/26/1954

Thank you Nebula, this helps in my searchings......