• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

He was not ashamed to speak the name of Jesus

Matthew 7

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

A Tree and Its Fruit

15"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. 19Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

21"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' 23Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

As a learned Christian, President Bush has certainly said some things that raised my eyebrows. But if you can't tell the difference between President Bush's life changing faith in Jesus Christ...and Obama's attempt to affirm Christianity as a lifestyle choice...then I don't know what to say.

It is well documented that President Bush searches the scriptures before making major decisions...and that he prays several times a day for guidance. The story that Nebula posted of President Bush praying with a Oval Office visitor is NOT a one time event. In fact, Bush is known for taking time out and praying with visitors, and his staff members.

President Bush may not have it all figured out theologically...but he is a man of deep faith in God and the life changing power of Jesus Christ. Like most of America, I found myself at odds with some of President Bush's decisions...but I took great comfort in knowing that he did not reach his decision lightly and without God's guidance. I have NO reason to feel the same way about Obama and his decision making process, yet.