IGNORED

Twilight

Guest HIS girl

Guest HIS girl
Maybe as a society we are getting desensitized because of the shows like Buffy and the rest of the supernatural themed tv shows that have aired over the last decade...

Have you ever watched any of those shows?

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time and I didn't let my boys either...it hasn't affect them any for missing out.

So you've never watched a movie or TV show, read a book that had any kind of supernatural theme to it?

When I'm in control - no, not since becoming a Christian.

I have been to the movies where that theme may be in a particular movie although not the focus of it - in those cases, I have no control over it - BUT I will confess, in certain scenes in the movies that DO show it..I close my eyes.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm in control - no, not since becoming a Christian.

How did the movies and books you read before becoming a christian affect you?

BUT I will confess, in certain scenes in the movies that DO show it..I close my eyes.

:)

Guest HIS girl

I could take it or leave it.

I just believe we should gaurd our minds. Things may appear innocent enough. I go with my "feelings" - I don't feel comfortable with vampire/witch themes.

I could take it or leave it.

I just believe we should gaurd our minds. Things may appear innocent enough. I go with my "feelings" - I don't feel comfortable with vampire/witch themes.

How do you believe that book would affect your son?

Guest HIS girl

He's only just turned 12 and he's not Spiritually mature...I don't want him to get hooked on something he can't handle. It's like an opening for satan to get in and wreak havoc (worse case scenario)..I am trying to protect him - is all.

Satan will use any means to get a foothold.

I don't condemn any here on Worthy who watch/read this stuff - all I say is be careful because all that glitters is not gold.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

I would not tell anyone who doesn't like that type of books or movies to put aside their feelings and see them anyway. An opinion was asked and I gave mine. But I think that we each know what kind of things bother us in our spirit, and we should avoid them.

These books and the movie don't bother me. I enjoy the fantasy worlds and have no problem leaving them behind when the story is through. Others are bothered by them, they should simply walk away. There are other things that bother me, and I won't be involved with them, even when those around me laugh and say it's silly. Not silly to me, it bothers me, so I won't participate. Easy as that.

Guest HIS girl

'IslandRose'

But I think that we each know what kind of things bother us in our spirit, and we should avoid them.

There are other things that bother me, and I won't be involved with them, even when those around me laugh and say it's silly. Not silly to me, it bothers me, so I won't participate. Easy as that.

Spot on. :)

I do feel protected by the Holy Spirit and maybe I am not "strong" enough to view/read stuff like this anymore...who knows? but I go with what I know.

He's only just turned 12 and he's not Spiritually mature...I don't want him to get hooked on something he can't handle. It's like an opening for satan to get in and wreak havoc (worse case scenario)..I am trying to protect him - is all.

Ok.

But you do know that when the movie comes out on DVD, somebody he knows is going to rent it.

That includes his friends and everyone he comes in contact with.

I think you're making big deal out of nothing.

But that's just me.

Guest Becky548

Hi.

i read the book . I loved it. It was really cute. But Im almost 20 what are you looking to know about it?

The movie...

I have spent some time recently with family and 2 of my nieces have been reading a book called Twilight and one has seen the recent movie 3 times...they are quite "into" it - (they are not Christians). Apparently it is THE book/movie at the moment with teenagers and 20 something..

It's about vampires and has a lovestory woven through it. Now one of my boys wants to read it - but I let him know clearly, I would rather he not.

Has anyone here read the book or seen the movie?

Guest HIS girl

Ok.

But you do know that when the movie comes out on DVD, somebody he knows is going to rent it.

That includes his friends and everyone he comes in contact with.

I think you're making big deal out of nothing.

But that's just me.

Of course I can't control what goes on outside my home - but I can put things in place at home for him.

I didn't make a big deal with Harry Potter and they soon lost interest - I am also not making a big deal with Twilight - I have told him why I don't want him to read the book - of course he questioned me but has since dropped the subject as I have.

Currently Supernatual themes are very in vogue - and Hollywood makes it look appealing and cutting edge...

I knew you thought I was making a big deal of it... :)