New Army uniforms

ted

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Called
Hi,

I am in the USAF and we will be switching to a new unifrom style and color coming out next year. There are many in the USAF right now that are wearing them as a test phase.

Kind of weird looking

here is a link to the new uniform:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123005370

Wow, that is ugly too! I was sitting here thinking, "boy, I am glad my hubby is in the Air Force, cause those Army BDU's are UGLY", now my husband is gonna look like a dork too! I can just see him with a beret on! HA! I am thinking he will be wearing his dress uniform ALOT more! :rolleyes:

Guest koppen
Could this possibly fall under a new Worthy Topic called: The War On Fashion???

Those things are awful!  Those uniforms remind me of when I take my chow in for grooming and the groomer brings him out with little ribbons behind his ears.  The poor dog is visibly traumatized.  Can't imagine what the soldiers must think.

Now that is funny River! :rolleyes::)

I havealways thought our military looked so handsome in their uniforms being raised as a military brat I am partial but now with these uniforms...OH MAN!... I will never look at them the same! My eyes hurt!

WOW! It just occured to me..my step-father is a Retired Major in the Army...LOL...I am laughing at the visual in my head with the WAR HORSE of a man in a uniform like that! LOL....LOL.....LOL.....LOL.....LOL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

:wub: Well at least the air force collar won't "lynch" someones neck ;) I'm sorry but the army uniform looks like the guys wearing a choker. I don't like it at all....it just doesn't look right.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hey, what was that comment about nothing making an AF guy look tough. Air Force RULES!!

:D:P

:whistle: :D

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

I second that sentiment Gold Pearl. May God protect our men and women in the service. Amen.

ok nostalgia time

I remember the Chief when he wore his "crackerjack" uniform in the Navy. Ah such a sight so tall proud well you get the picture. But I have to say that his most impressive uniform is his Dress Blue uniform with all that gold on his sleeve. I know I have the best looking swabbie in the Navy retired or not lol. In fact both of us wore our service dress blues when we got married. Now that is a picture.

Guest charlie

We may agree on something here papasangel.

I gotta say the Navy, imho, has ALWAYS had the best looking uniforms. I used to envy those crackerjacks but their dress uniform looks great too. Their women got to wear earrings before any of the other branches too. I remember all the AF women used to compain about that.

I was AF but I've been to a couple of Navy balls. I liked all the ceremony with the bell ringing and whistle blowing; it was a lot of fun. I miss being in the service; I miss the people. I wish now that I would have stayed in and retired.

I tried to get back in a few years ago after 9/11 but they said I was too old. I may end up back in though. I'm still on inactive reserve and I've gotten a couple of letters I've had to fill out and send back in.

Edited by charlie

See Charlie we can agree on some things ((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))my brother in Christ I do enjoy our sparring sessions though lol.