• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

In recent years, there has been a lack of teaching on the topic of national level sins in the Church. Many Christians have little or no understanding of the idea of national level sins and the danger they cause. I'm not sure why the Church stopped teaching about them, but it's high time we take another look.

When a nation allows a sin to reach to the point where it is legislated for, that is a national level sin. Examples from history?

Israel allowed child sacrifice to Molech to get to the point where it became a national sin. The groves of Asherah, the killing of the prophets of God (Mt 23)and so forth.

Nineveh sinned against God until Jonah came along. They repented, from the KING on down after hearing Jonah's message. (Now maybe every last Ninevite didn't put on sackcloth, but the attitude of the nation's majority changed, and God accepted that.)

Babylon was a great civilization, but God judged them for their collective sins of heathen worship.

Sodom and Gomorrah were judged, Nineveh and Tyre were judged all for sins which had 'reached heaven'.

Someone, somewhere, some people, were crying out to God about the sins of their nation. Daniel the prophet did; so did the other prophets. And somewhere, someone, some group is crying out to God about the sins of America. OUR SINS HAVE REACHED HEAVEN. Ever wonder why we can't seem to win a war, even though the cause is righteous? Ever wonder why we're in economic turmoil 'all of a sudden'. God is about to deal with us at the NATIONAL LEVEL. In the vernacular, God is about to put a boot where the sun doesn't shine. He has had ENOUGH.

There's little salt left in the bag. Salt is a preservative. It keeps things from going bad. Jesus said that when the salt has lost its ability to preserve, what he called its savor, then it's no longer good for anything but to be trampled on. And he said that WE His people were the salt. The meaning is clear. Continuing to fail to speak out against national level sins by the people of God will result in their persecution and the eventual demise of their country.

We have reached a point as a nation where we have legislated EVIL because our society accepts that evil as a norm.

It's now OK to fornicate like dogs, you can kill the child which results, BECAUSE WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

It's now OK to be a Sodomite, you have our expression permission to do so without penalty, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

It's now OK to be euthanized with the help of your doctor, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

It's now OK to parade down the street half naked proclaiming your homosexuality, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

It's now OK to take stem cells from an embryo and then kill that baby, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

It's now OK to export aborticide to other nations and make them just as disgusting as we are, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

It's now OK to mock and ridicule the things of God, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

It's now OK to treat marriage like a revolving door, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

Christ doesn't rule here anymore, WE THE PEOPLE SAY SO.

America once had laws based upon Christian principles, and God blessed us. We were prosperous. We were respected worldwide. Even our enemies were at peace with us. We had laws against certain sins which we as a people knew were contrary to the revealed will of God. Then something happened. One person decided that prayer in school was offensive. And somehow, someone in government agreed and a law was passed. Once that wall was broken down between the next generation and God, the problems started. It is traceable to this act. Someone in government decided that our children should not honor the God of heaven through Jesus Christ., but that someone also forgot that children grow up and they become lawyers and legislators and doctors and politicians. One little hole in the wall was big enough for the enemy to sneak in, a little at a time. And now look what we have.

National level sins are the scourge of a people. Pro 14:34 says "Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin [is] a reproach to any people." Notice, nation. Not person, nation. Sin is a reproach to any people, not person.

We all sin as individuals, from the greatest to the least. Those individual sins don't always add up to national level sins. Most of the time, they're just between us, God and the people we sin against. But sometimes they stick together like a snowball. and the snowball gets bigger and bigger and bigger. It rolls down hill until it hits a ledge, then it forms a shelf. The shelf gets bigger and its weight gets ponderous. And then someone cries out and the avalanche thunders down the mountainside and sweeps away everything in its path. E V E R Y T H I N G. Nothing gets spared. The rotten tree and the good tree alike get flattened. The rickety old shack and the brand new house get crushed.

I look up and I see a pretty big shelf. Parts of it are already starting to collapse. Some of it collapsed in 2001 and 2006. Some of it is collapsing now. Pretty soon, that avalanche will come thundering down. The church is first in line when it does, for judgment begins at the House of God. Think about that long and hard. Can we as a Church here in America continue to fail to live up our responsibility as salt and light without dire consequences? Can we continue to smell the rot and not treat the wound? Can we continue to compromise? I think not.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Did not God tell Abraham that if he found 10 righteous He would spare Sodom and Gomorrah

I would think that would still be the case in our country. Either way though I don't believe God would judge his people with the sinners. We might have to endure things but not the wrath of God

Just my opinion, I would have to look further into it

Guest blessedaughter

Amen and Amen again!

It is time for us to speak and be what God has called us to be! You are right. Everything is not in alignment with the will and purposes of God. We sit back on our blessings and place in God saying that what we say and think does not matter. If Jonah felt that way, if Jeremiah and Paul said that, we would never have heard the Voice of God! You have awakened something within me that is righteous! It is righteous indignation against all that is evil. I am a writer (biblical researcher/devotions). I will be discussing this on my website and blog more frequently. I plan to be more vocal this year than ever before. We must, as the Body of Christ, stand up instead of standing down. We have stood back too long! We must gather our forces and go forth in the Name of the Lord proclaiming that the lines of the boundaries be restored!

God bless you!

Pamela Paige

Women Alive!

Edited by blessedaughter

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Did not God tell Abraham that if he found 10 righteous He would spare Sodom and Gomorrah

I would think that would still be the case in our country. Either way though I don't believe God would judge his people with the sinners. We might have to endure things but not the wrath of God

Just my opinion, I would have to look further into it

It is written, the rain falls on the just and unjust alike. It is possible that some Believers would be swept up in any judgment. If you read Gen 19, Lot BARELY got out alive. He was content in Sodom. Lot was a compromiser. The sin bugged him, but not enough. That is how I see the state of the Church in America today as a whole, like Lot. Some of us are bugged by what we see, but not enough to DO anything. Lot took no action until the angels came ready to destroy the place. They had to drag him out. His wife was so enthralled with Sodom, she looked back and got turned into a salt pillar. Preservation by death. That's something we need to think about too. Lot's wife was not an unbeliever, but she DID disobey and judgment came to her. She was preserved by death. That may be the fate of some Believers if God does judge us totally.