Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Hi and welcome, Tomass. It's nice to have you here.

Praying and asking for direction is a SURE way of finding out what you're supposed to do. Our Father knows EXACTLY where you need to serve, and how you'll be blest the most.

Hugs,

riel (reborn into eternal life)

VERY WELL STATED RIEL.. right on

can you teach me how to be more succinct pls :taped:

What does succinct mean? :)

without looking in the dictionary I think it means short and to the point, precisely brief, I hope

rofl is what I thought anyhew .. giggle

Hi and welcome, Tomass. It's nice to have you here.

Praying and asking for direction is a SURE way of finding out what you're supposed to do. Our Father knows EXACTLY where you need to serve, and how you'll be blest the most.

Hugs,

riel (reborn into eternal life)

VERY WELL STATED RIEL.. right on

can you teach me how to be more succinct pls :wub:

What does succinct mean? :huh:

without looking in the dictionary I think it means short and to the point, precisely brief, I hope

rofl is what I thought anyhew .. giggle

;)

gotta love you sweet

lv yr sis in christ

manie

aww manie thanks.. I just shake my head.. so does my family, lol :24::41:

*sigh* it's not fun anymore to have blonde roots :rolleyes::24:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all - thanks for all the tips and advice.

Spontaneously showing love to people is something I have been looking to work into my life and my outlook. I have started to be on the look out for opportunities to bless the poor and to help those in need.

Yes I agree that there we should be there for those who are poor in spirit or other areas but I think that God specifically mentions the poor as defined as those who can't look after themselves, are in need etc.

[ Proverbs 19:17 (New International Version)

17 He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD,

and he will reward him for what he has done.

which uses the same hebrew word for poor as

Exodus 30:15 (New International Version)

15 The rich are not to give more than a half shekel and the poor are not to give less when you make the offering to the LORD to atone for your lives.]

Yes I have been looking to God to show me things I can get involved with and have been seeking His guidance through this.

My pastor shared an amazing message on this on Sunday so I'm going to speak to him about it too.

I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience in how this works out in their lives? What do you do for ministry to the poor?

Spontaneously showing love to people is something I have been looking to work into my life and my outlook. I have started to be on the look out for opportunities to bless the poor and to help those in need.

Yes I agree that there we should be there for those who are poor in spirit or other areas but I think that God specifically mentions the poor as defined as those who can't look after themselves, are in need etc.

15 The rich are not to give more than a half shekel and the poor are not to give less when you make the offering to the LORD to atone for your lives.]

Yes I have been looking to God to show me things I can get involved with and have been seeking His guidance through this.

My pastor shared an amazing message on this on Sunday so I'm going to speak to him about it too.

I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience in how this works out in their lives? What do you do for ministry to the poor?

Hi Again Thomass,

You already are doing something by your involvement with outreach to the homeless. Another way is to do short term missions trips through your church or some reputable organization that addresses aid to the poor. Have you heard of Habitat for Humanity for instance? Certainly giving as much as God filters through your hands financially as already has been mentioned. If you live in the USA there are many places to be involved no doubt right in your own backyard so to speak, given todays economic situation, not to mention mission Mexico which is a real need also. Basically, it's about how and where God leads you as an individual. When we give alms we are not to let our right hand know what our left hand is doing so I'm not sure that many will want to share specifics, but a general point in the right direction is ok. :emot-hug:

To reiterate, talk to your pastor and ask for his input/advice/direction as someone so aptly mentioned in an earlier post. God Bless.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Again Thomass,

You already are doing something by your involvement with outreach to the homeless. Another way is to do short term missions trips through your church or some reputable organization that addresses aid to the poor. Have you heard of Habitat for Humanity for instance? Certainly giving as much as God filters through your hands financially as already has been mentioned. If you live in the USA there are many places to be involved no doubt right in your own backyard so to speak, given todays economic situation, not to mention mission Mexico which is a real need also. Basically, it's about how and where God leads you as an individual. When we give alms we are not to let our right hand know what our left hand is doing so I'm not sure that many will want to share specifics, but a general point in the right direction is ok. :th_praying:

To reiterate, talk to your pastor and ask for his input/advice/direction as someone so aptly mentioned in an earlier post. God Bless.

Ah, this is very true! I didn't consider that.

Many thx and yes I shall take that advice on board.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Hi Tomass:

As far as using your real name, don

Edited by oak