• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Yep. Pray harder.

Guest EPHRIAM777

Meg asks....!

EPH If a person has a tuff addiction (lets say alcohol or drugs) and they pray for forgiveness, want to be saved & truly try to turn their life around, repent,

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

About repentance. Romans 7:15 Paul talks of the struggle between his spirit and his flesh. What a wretched man I am, who can rescue me from this body of death? The strugles we face will never go away as long as we are in this body in this life. As we overcome certain lifestyles or habits in the physical realm then you move into the next phase and that is how to control your mind. That is the real test. Read 2 Corinthians 10:3-5, this will give you pinpoint scripture as to how to address this area. Even as we struggle though to overcome sin, it does not negate the conversion that we make as believers in Christ Jesus. Romans 10:9-10. We are saved when we believe and confess Christ as Lord. The sanctifiying process begins and we must fight to put down the deeds of the flesh. This struggle is common to all. Don't give up and do not listen the voice of the enemy. He comes to kill, steal and destroy. He will steal your faith by telling you that you are not living up to the call and many do give up and go back to the world. I believe that you must excersize the same zeal and effort to press into God as you did before when you were in the world and you spent time chasing after other things. There is no easy way but to keep reading, praying and hearing the word. Faith comes by hearing. Can you hear me?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I'll read the scripture that you posted.   Thanks for posting and giving us more to equipt us with in our daily walk.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  62

I see repentance as being an attitude. Whereas,we need to keep a repentant attitude everyday.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Remember the parable Jesus taught about the sower?  There are 4 kinds of ground that the farmer  planted his seeds in.  One ground was just a path, one was rocky and one was thorny and one was good soil.

This parable is about the kingdom of God,

Some people are like the rocky places-they hear the Word and it springs up quickly in there lives.  The Word is alive to them, however the cares of this life or the love of the world comes between them and the Word and the life in Christ is withered because it has no root.

Just because someone starts this walk with God, that doesn't mean they will finish the race.  God's family is for all who will believe.  It is not for those who shrink and turn back.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  52

What you are saying is that we must "pull our boot straps up" and continue on?  I believe that is what we should do.

Thank you, Rosanne.  I understand what you are saying.  Thank you for sharing with us.  :shocked:

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  62

If a person falls back into sin after they are Saved,that does not mean that thier initial repentance was not genuine.