IGNORED

IF GOD IS........

Guest Al Nur

IF THIS IS TRUE

GOD IS THREE

THAN THIS HAS TO BE FALSE

Mark 12:29 (King James Version)

29And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel:The Lord our God is one Lord.[/b]

Edited by Al Nur

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/23/1965

To said that Mark 12:29 "And Jesus answered and him, 'The first commandments is Hear, O Israel; THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD.'" means God is one as in unitarian, and not one as in a trinity is to totaly misread and misunderstand this scripture. If I were to go in front of the US Congress and say that that our government were one it would be true, but we would still have a President (Executive Branch) the Congress (the Legislative Branch) and ouir Supreme Court (the Judicial Branch) each one is the Government but not a separate government. It makes one Government not three(Isaiah 33:22). Just like the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost make one Godhead (Colossians 2:9; Matthew 28:18-20). "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all Amen'." II Corinthians 13:14 Jesus is called God (John 20:28; Acts 20:28) God the Father is called God (John 17:3; I Coriinthians 8:6) and the Holy Spirit is called God (Acts 5:1-11). When Moses talked to God in the burning bush, God replied to God as "The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob," (Exodus 3:15), He mention the three patriarch because of His threeness. The threeness of God is refer to in the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah Genesis 18-19. God being call one refer to the unity of the Godhead nothing more. Another way of putting it is Paul and Mary get married have three kids two girls and one boy. That makes one family of five not five different families.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

John 17:11

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

John 17:21

That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 17:22

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Good examples, here are scriptural verses to back you up. Even though we are many as individuals, Christ says that we are one in Him and the Father as Christ also mentions that He and the Father are individuals "We" and yet says They are one as we are also one in Them.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Please go and learn the subtleties of the different meanings of the Hebrew "yachid" (one) and the Hebrew "echod" (one). Such subtle shades of difference do not exist in the English language, and so our translation of 'echod' is misleading.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Member banned