IGNORED

How do we define Hebrewness or Jewishness??

givennewname

Raise your hand if you believe that God will accept the excuse that "the Christians abused me and that's why I rejected the Messiah" when facing judgment.

Or raise hand if you want to be counted with the goats....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
Raise your hand if you believe that God will accept the excuse that "the Christians abused me and that's why I rejected the Messiah" when facing judgment.

You don't understand, Parker. We are not saying that it is a legitimate excuse. There isn't an excuse. That is the problem. They will die in their sin due to an unbelief that was in part, reinforced by Christian arrogance and refusal to own up to the history of the church.

It is blood that is on the church's hands, like it or not. It is not a matter of you assuming the guilt of others, but rather seeking to make ammends, of reversing what others of have done and having the moral decency to show genuine sorrow for what was done and empathy for those either still bear the scars or those who are resistant to Christianity due to legitimate grievances that deserve to be addressed.

While you may not be anti-Semitic, that attitude of "I don't care." when it comes what the Church did in the past is an anti-Semitic attitude. It is subtle form of both hatred and arrogance, and it is an attitude that does not belong in the heart of a real Christian.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Katie_M
How do we define Hebrewness or Jewishness? Is it from the parents? At the moment, the state of Isreal defines a Jew by the person having a Jewish Mother, but the Bible had always traced a person's geneology by the patriacal line. We can see that this is how Ezra defined Jewishness, as many of the Jewish men in exile had taken foreign wives. Paul defined it by faith.. saying that the gentile has been grafted into the olive tree and that we have Father Abraham by faith.. can i have any opinions?

Jewish is based the religion of Judaism... meaning, if one leaves the Jewish faith and converts to Christianity, they are no longer considered Jewish and must reconvert back to Judaism. :24: Hope that helps.

Edited to add: by the way, Paul left Judaism when he started a new religion.. therefore, he was no longer considered Jewish regardless of what he claimed.

Edited by Katie_M

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Jewish is based the religion of Judaism... meaning, if one leaves the Jewish faith and converts to Christianity, they are no longer considered Jewish and must reconvert back to Judaism. :24: Hope that helps.

Edited to add: by the way, Paul left Judaism when he started a new religion.. therefore, he was no longer considered Jewish regardless of what he claimed.

Katie -

Are you a Jew?

Edit to add:

I was thinking . . .

This is what the group of us have been crying out about. Christianity has been so altered to become acceptable to the Gentile cultures it was spread to that the Jews can no longer see that Jesus is their "Messiah Ben Joseph."

When they see us, they see just another Gentile expression of faith and not the people who have been grafted into Covenant given to Abrahm, Isaac and Jacob.

Edited by nebula

How do we define Hebrewness or Jewishness? Is it from the parents? At the moment, the state of Isreal defines a Jew by the person having a Jewish Mother, but the Bible had always traced a person's geneology by the patriacal line. We can see that this is how Ezra defined Jewishness, as many of the Jewish men in exile had taken foreign wives. Paul defined it by faith.. saying that the gentile has been grafted into the olive tree and that we have Father Abraham by faith.. can i have any opinions?

that's absolutely not true.

A person who is born jewish remains jewish (and is moreso!) when they begin to trust in the jewish Messiah....Yeshua!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Jewish is based the religion of Judaism... meaning, if one leaves the Jewish faith and converts to Christianity, they are no longer considered Jewish and must reconvert back to Judaism. :emot-hug: Hope that helps.

If that is true, then al the Isrealis who followed after Baal would be stripped of their Jewishness, This would include all the 10 northern tribes...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Jewish is based the religion of Judaism... meaning, if one leaves the Jewish faith and converts to Christianity, they are no longer considered Jewish and must reconvert back to Judaism. :emot-hug: Hope that helps.

That would also exclude the majoriy of Isreal's current leaders as they are all secular Jews..