• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

I am so grateful for all your answers - your prayers and encouragement. Rebekah, I found your answer inspiring! :noidea: Shiloh, I don't think I am ready to go home quite yet, my illness is progressive but not terminal. Ddavid I will look for that article.

I do realise that in asking for prayer, God may give various answers from healing me to helping me cope with the symptoms, or slowing down the progression. I will try the elders of the church again but I will also try seeking God more for Himself than for His healing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  333
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Lass,

I'd pray like a bulldog until the Lord told me otherwise. As far as the "big names" or "big guns," as I like to call them . . . I did that for a while for my son and then realized the only big name I needed to seek was the big name of Jesus. I also use the scriptures in warfare for my son. I pray them over him. Blessings to you, Lass.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

all i know is that some do not receive their healing on earth... as to why? I do not know.....

a 9 year old girl told her father.....

ALL OF GOD'S CHILDREN WILL BE HEALED, some on this earth and all of them in Heaven.... she had terminal lukemia.... her father is a man of God, and she provided him with some really profound information, wisdom, that was way advanced for some one her age. she was not afraid of death, she embraced Christ.

there are a lot of things that I do not understand, and yet I know God loves each and every one of us.... even Christ was not able to do much in His own home town....

I earnestly believe that God's Word tells us all we need, it does not tell us everything, just what we need.

I believe that healings do take place, I have seen some really awesome things, I have seen a person be used for one healing, and then rejected by some one that God had him go to..... there have been times that he wanted to see some one healed and when he asked for it, he was told it is not to be...... one lady in a head on crash with a semi, dead at the wheel, he was there, and he stood there looking, he could not get a pulse nor was she breathing, and he could not do anything about it, he stood there and questioned God as to why she would not wake up.... and God said to him "It is not meant to be" then God showed him that the crash did not kill her, that she went home before the crash happened, the cuts on her face, were not bleeding, her hands were on her lap as if they had just dropped off the steering wheel..... one thing this accident did do, was got a couple drug using truckers off the road...... (drug testing is required in an accident involving a commercial driver in the state this took place) why was it God said it is not to be? maybe because her work here is done..... I do not know

a very good friend of mine, Doris, had cancer, and the chemo and cobalt blinded her, while she was in the hospital taking her treatments she would go from room to room witnessing Christ, and when she could not see any more, she had some one lead her, and then when she no longer had strength , she had people taking her from room to room....... her son would come in every day after school (11 years old) and read to her from the Bible.... she went home just over 6 years ago.... yet she lives on....... Doris did not stop living on this earth, she lived life as if there was no more....

live a good life...... live for God always.....

not just when time is short, but even when we believe we have years and years left we are to live as if there is no more life, for tomorrow we may not have anymore

blessings.... I do know God is with you, as He is with all of us..... stay the course..... remember, God is in control, and we pray comfort, understanding and peace, as well as petitioning Him for healing....

mike

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I agree with Creed, You don't need to travel to some huge revival meeting where some big name is offering healing, you only need to get in the presence of the Lord and tell Him what you need and then believe with all your heart He can and will heal you. He is the only one who can bring healing to you and He is more than able, God Bless you Northern Lass My prayers will be with you as you trust and obey.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

all i know is that some do not receive their healing on earth... as to why? I do not know.....

a 9 year old girl told her father.....

ALL OF GOD'S CHILDREN WILL BE HEALED, some on this earth and all of them in Heaven.... she had terminal lukemia.... her father is a man of God, and she provided him with some really profound information, wisdom, that was way advanced for some one her age. she was not afraid of death, she embraced Christ.

there are a lot of things that I do not understand, and yet I know God loves each and every one of us.... even Christ was not able to do much in His own home town....

I earnestly believe that God's Word tells us all we need, it does not tell us everything, just what we need.

I believe that healings do take place, I have seen some really awesome things, I have seen a person be used for one healing, and then rejected by some one that God had him go to..... there have been times that he wanted to see some one healed and when he asked for it, he was told it is not to be...... one lady in a head on crash with a semi, dead at the wheel, he was there, and he stood there looking, he could not get a pulse nor was she breathing, and he could not do anything about it, he stood there and questioned God as to why she would not wake up.... and God said to him "It is not meant to be" then God showed him that the crash did not kill her, that she went home before the crash happened, the cuts on her face, were not bleeding, her hands were on her lap as if they had just dropped off the steering wheel..... one thing this accident did do, was got a couple drug using truckers off the road...... (drug testing is required in an accident involving a commercial driver in the state this took place) why was it God said it is not to be? maybe because her work here is done..... I do not know

a very good friend of mine, Doris, had cancer, and the chemo and cobalt blinded her, while she was in the hospital taking her treatments she would go from room to room witnessing Christ, and when she could not see any more, she had some one lead her, and then when she no longer had strength , she had people taking her from room to room....... her son would come in every day after school (11 years old) and read to her from the Bible.... she went home just over 6 years ago.... yet she lives on....... Doris did not stop living on this earth, she lived life as if there was no more....

live a good life...... live for God always.....

not just when time is short, but even when we believe we have years and years left we are to live as if there is no more life, for tomorrow we may not have anymore

blessings.... I do know God is with you, as He is with all of us..... stay the course..... remember, God is in control, and we pray comfort, understanding and peace, as well as petitioning Him for healing....

mike

Thanks for this. You have made me see that instead of thinking how much more I could serve God IF He healed me, I should be thinking of how I can serve Him in the illness (while still hoping for healing).

Thanks again too for EVERYONE who has answered! All your input has been helpful.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  746
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  03/30/1988

:laugh: