• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

God purposely made His plan a "mystery."

I can't see that. The plan of God is to help us get away from that sinful nature and give us eternal life just as He intended to do in the first before the fall. What is so mysterious about that? The word of God tells us of all the plans He has for us. Which He has given us a glimpse of our future in prophetic scripture both in the very near future and in eternity. One one writes in a book what they are going to do it is not at all a mystery nor is the plan of God hidden from us.

To say that God gave us a book to read and understand about Him and His plans for us and then say that He hides or makes His plan which is what the book is all about a mystery is a great hypocrisy on the part of God. If that were true what would be the point of reading book? Ludicrous!

I know what God has planed for me in my life. I do admit that I do not know all of the plans that God has for my life but His book tells me what the end result will be and I know what ministry He has planned for my. There are times when God does not tell us of certain future events in our lives but it is not because He wants it to be that way or purposly mysterious it is because if we knew all of what God has in store for us we might not do according to His will in the present, or we might jump the gun or we might do any number of the wrong things that might mess us up. That which God hides from us He hides from us for our own good and in His best interest.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings,

A lot of good answers interspersed with some questionable ones.

I am reminded of:

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;

X7

and

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Now consider Pentecost. It is my personal opinion that those disciples speaking in "other languages", really were only speaking in ONE language. It was the people that "heard" (by the Spirit of God) what the disciples were actually saying.

So what language did Adam, Eve and God speak in the Garden of Eden? Can I offer one? How about "God Speak"!

Okay, this was spoken till the Tower of Babel:

Genesis 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Do you realize that Adam and Eve probably knew Noah, and Most certainly his father Lamech. But that doesn't have anything to do with this topic.

So from the Garden to the Tower of Babel, only "God Speak" was spoken.

Something that I have learned in my 33 years of being a Christian is that when you ACTUALLY hear God, and I mean not just that subtle voice of the Holy Spirit, but actually, physically (seemingly) HEAR HIM WHEN HE SPEAKS, His words to me have always been few, but profoundly informative. It was like in my "hearing" all the meaning came with HIS WORDS!

I believe that when Adam was booted out of the Garden, before he left, God imparted to him, all the knowledge that he would ever need about life, farming, worship, etc. etc.

So this was the language that was used until the Tower of Babel. When people spoke to each other, the real, entire meaning was imparted to the hearer.

Now one more verse:

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

OOPS, I didn't have to invent a word "God Speak", because there is already given in the scriptures a name for the first language spoken by God and man - "tongues of angels". After the dispersal at Babel, THEN came "tongues of men", and you know what? I believe that those at Pentecost, speaking another language" were speaking with the "Tongues of Angels". And I believe that a person can also have this same gift. I have heard story upon story of a person speaking and the "hearer" hearing that person in their own language. AMAZING!

Am I still on track? Well, I believe this verse:

Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Because God is in the business of keeping His children informed, but only to those who "diligently seek Him".

God Bless,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member

Greetings,

A lot of good answers interspersed with some questionable ones.

I am reminded of:

Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;

X7

and

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Now consider Pentecost. It is my personal opinion that those disciples speaking in "other languages", really were only speaking in ONE language. It was the people that "heard" (by the Spirit of God) what the disciples were actually saying.

So what language did Adam, Eve and God speak in the Garden of Eden? Can I offer one? How about "God Speak"!

Okay, this was spoken till the Tower of Babel:

Genesis 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Do you realize that Adam and Eve probably knew Noah, and Most certainly his father Lamech. But that doesn't have anything to do with this topic.

So from the Garden to the Tower of Babel, only "God Speak" was spoken.

Something that I have learned in my 33 years of being a Christian is that when you ACTUALLY hear God, and I mean not just that subtle voice of the Holy Spirit, but actually, physically (seemingly) HEAR HIM WHEN HE SPEAKS, His words to me have always been few, but profoundly informative. It was like in my "hearing" all the meaning came with HIS WORDS!

I believe that when Adam was booted out of the Garden, before he left, God imparted to him, all the knowledge that he would ever need about life, farming, worship, etc. etc.

So this was the language that was used until the Tower of Babel. When people spoke to each other, the real, entire meaning was imparted to the hearer.

Now one more verse:

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

OOPS, I didn't have to invent a word "God Speak", because there is already given in the scriptures a name for the first language spoken by God and man - "tongues of angels". After the dispersal at Babel, THEN came "tongues of men", and you know what? I believe that those at Pentecost, speaking another language" were speaking with the "Tongues of Angels". And I believe that a person can also have this same gift. I have heard story upon story of a person speaking and the "hearer" hearing that person in their own language. AMAZING!

Am I still on track? Well, I believe this verse:

Matthew 10:26 Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.

Because God is in the business of keeping His children informed, but only to those who "diligently seek Him".

God Bless,

Dad Ernie

Very Good! IIIIIIIIILike it.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.95
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I can't see that. The plan of God is to help us get away from that sinful nature and give us eternal life just as He intended to do in the first before the fall. What is so mysterious about that? The word of God tells us of all the plans He has for us. Which He has given us a glimpse of our future in prophetic scripture both in the very near future and in eternity. One one writes in a book what they are going to do it is not at all a mystery nor is the plan of God hidden from us.

To say that God gave us a book to read and understand about Him and His plans for us and then say that He hides or makes His plan which is what the book is all about a mystery is a great hypocrisy on the part of God. If that were true what would be the point of reading book? Ludicrous!

I know what God has planed for me in my life. I do admit that I do not know all of the plans that God has for my life but His book tells me what the end result will be and I know what ministry He has planned for my. There are times when God does not tell us of certain future events in our lives but it is not because He wants it to be that way or purposly mysterious it is because if we knew all of what God has in store for us we might not do according to His will in the present, or we might jump the gun or we might do any number of the wrong things that might mess us up. That which God hides from us He hides from us for our own good and in His best interest.

So, your saying that the Jews of the Old Testament knew that God's ultimate plan was to save the Gentile with the Jew? Or that, without prior knowledge, God's Word revealed to you this great plan in the Text prior to the birth of our Savior?

So, your saying that you have the answer to the age old questions about creation and about the end times?

So, you understand why events happen as they do? Why the "good die young" and the evil live long lives?

Well, Saint, you are better than I.

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

So, your saying that the Jews of the Old Testament knew that God's ultimate plan was to save the Gentile with the Jew? Or that, without prior knowledge, God's Word revealed to you this great plan in the Text prior to the birth of our Savior?

So, your saying that you have the answer to the age old questions about creation and about the end times?

So, you understand why events happen as they do? Why the "good die young" and the evil live long lives?

This sounds sort of sarcastic, which is really unfortunate. So I thought I would try to give you some scriptural answers to your questions, even though you didn't address me:

1. 2.

Isaiah 11:10 And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 42:6 I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isaiah 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Isaiah 49:22 Thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I will lift up mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up my standard to the people: and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.

Isaiah 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

et al.

Creation - basically Genesis, but many references throughout the Bible.

End Times - throughout the Bible are references applying to the end times.

2 Tim 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Well here is one reference that might help you:

Job 36:13 But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he bindeth them.

Job 36:14 They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean.

Ecclesiastes 7:15 All things have I seen in the days of my vanity: there is a just man that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked man that prolongeth his life in his wickedness.

and in response to:

2 Tim 2:14-16 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Group:  Diamond Member

My My My how sarcastic. LOL

Actually a good study of the old testament will reveal to you that ALL PEOPLE who wanted to turn their lives over to God and to worship the God of the Hebrews were always excepted by both God and the Jews.

The fact of the matter is that long before Jesus was born God put into PROPHECY in the old testament TELLING the Jews what was going to happen and yes that God was going to send His son to save the gentiles.

The only answers I have about any of the age old questions were given to me by the word of God. The next time I give an answer that is not backed up or re-enforced by scripture please feel free to correct me.

The good die young because it is that will of God. Other wise the belief that God is always in control is a lie from the pits of hell. Right! God gives life and God can take it away. Right!

It would serve you well to do more scripture study because if you did you would know as much as I do about what the word of God says and what it means.

As for the end times. All I know is what the word of God has revealed to me IN HIS WORD.