• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  234
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  06/16/1978

Since I can't post in other boards I am using this one to maybe get some help.

I suffer for major depression. Despite the fact that I ,thank God, am able to have a full time job it hits me hard when i am home.

Most of the time I barely do some cleaning and quick cook for my son. I am a sincere born again christian but some times

I wonder if since God promissed a peace that surpasses all understanding why don't I have it? Why do I become so anxious

we events that other people will not think twice about it? Why my mood is so vulnerable? Do I really belong to the Lord

or am I delirious?

Lori

Hi Lori, < :emot-crying:

I want to tell you that you are not alone. And God has not abandoned you. Sometimes it is only about chemical imbalances and medication helps. Also there are some herbal treatments, such as vitamins and certains herbal teas... but you need to ask around for those. Also, exposing yourself to the sun ( i dont know what part of the world) could help a bit. I have been where you are now and I know it is harder than we would ever know.

But remember Psalm 34 verse 20.

God bless you.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  04/30/1971

Hi, Lori! Welcome to Worthy!

As for being a Christian with depression. Well, as you've probably already seen, the two are not mutually exclusive. Christians can be plagued with any illness from depression to cancer and it doesn't mean they are not saved. Nor does the fact that God does not choose to immediately heal them of their illness mean that they are somehow being punished or that they aren't praying enough or trusting God enough. Sometimes the Lord heals, sometimes He does not. And this is where the "Why" part comes in.

My goodness, I have asked that question so many times in my life! I can't honestly say that I have always gotten a direct answer, either. But what I can say is that I have learned that there is a reason behind everything.

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer.

2 Cor 1:3-6 (NLT)

I have lived with depression my entire adult life. I have therefore been especially able to comfort others who also suffer from this illness. And I have lost many people I love and know the overwhelming heaviness of grief. I am therefore especially able to comfort others who are grieving.

Sometimes we go through illnesses or difficult experiences so that we will have the experience and compassion to help others who will endure the same things in the future. My sister died from cancer and then when my mother-in-law was diagnosed, I was able to help my husband prepare for what was coming.

It's hard to see the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel sometimes, but it is always there. God is always with us, sharing our pain and sorrow and carrying us through even when we don't realize it.

Having said all this, let me also encourage you to talk to your doctor. I spent years battling my depression before I finally told my doctor that I needed help. I have been taking medication for a few years now and it has helped tremendously. I have also been to therapy. There is absolutely nothing wrong with therapy or medication. And you should never, ever let anyone (including yourself) make you feel ashamed of your illness.

Again, welcome to Worthy and know that you are not alone. And you now have a lot of others praying with you as you struggle!

Blessings,

Jennifer

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/20/1990

I think "mead"'s Signature says it all. Now i have found that path, i have seen the light and it is marvellous.